AC Evora GTC @ Silv International Mon 10-11-14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was happy with my 10th place qualifying (or around 10th), but it went pretty much downhill from there...
Was hit from behind at club corner on lap 1 by @Alen Pecanin I think. Then once more half a lap later and once again a few laps afterwards.
To be fair my ping was pretty poor today, usually around 90-100, but I had a few peaks at 140. And actually someone said I was warping, I then asked before the race to please let me know if my car was jumping around but no-one said anything. Not sure what to do then, I guess I'll have to give up next time.
One last thing: I try my best to give way when I'm getting lapped, I use a tracker for that, but please if you're lapping someone let them know on teamspeak, and thanks to the people who do!
(Oh and I missed the part about the two compounds and used medium twice before someone confirmed on TS :( sorry about that, I'll read more carefully next time)

:notworthy: I had a noob moment sorry about, I that completely forgot about the formation lap! still no harm done, it just got a bit warm in here!:roflmao: I'll attempt to be perfect next time :thumbsup:

I have to say that I had some good racing and enjoyed tonights race, thanks Simon! Without people like you we'd have nowhere to go and enjoy this great game, it's a shame the net code is not better like (rf1) though "Dave Robinson" I made a setup change just before the race which had negative result, however I had fun :D

See you all next time

It is NEVER the fault of the driver in front when you hit him. Simple.

There are no excuses for driving in to a corner too fast, hitting a slow driver and blaming the slow driver. Club racing is about having fun, not making people feel excluded because they 'don't drive fast enough' :thumbsdown:

I'm really slow compared to the club racing aliens here, but if one of them rammed me in a corner and did not wait for me to rejoin the race and apologise to me, I'd expect him to get a 30 day ban. Period.

The Golden Rule makes that pretty clear along with the other rules we have here to ensure fair, fun racing. maybe it is time to hold classes about what the rules are, rather than just assuming people read them?

I drove this car last week in a Club event here that had 28 cars entered. I didn't crash into anyone, nobody rammed me off the track and the people lapping me had the good sense to do it properly, not dive into me on a corner. ;)

I might ditch the two tyre compound, but the mandatory pitstop is here to stay in my races. Adds some fun and strategy to the mix! as regards the visibility....

this will not happen again in my races!

The time of the day setting I think was a bad choice, and others I already spoke with agree. Sometimes the added difficulty is welcome, but in this race the first turn was practically invisible and in the turn before the long straight the sun went straight into your eyes. For such races I would personally prefer 11:00am

Thank you for the race though!

For me it was really fun, even if I was involved (innocently) in a crash. I was the one who crashed into @Ivaylo Grigorov , because he somehow just ended up in the middle of the racing line. But I won't take these kind of things so serious. We are here for fun. Later 20~25 laps I lost a bit of focus, and span, so lost again a few places.
Although I would like to mention, even if you guys full of adrenalin, and frustration because of some accident, please watch your language.
End of the day we are here for fun, always keep this in mind.

19th or 20th
Sorry again @Conrad Miller , but I checked my replay and I don't see any contact with you:
At the beginning of lap 18 I passed you in the second part of Village as you went wide, no even close to have contact.
Then I stayed ahead until the end of the lap when I pitted.
Then you went out of the pits ahead of me at lap 22, I followed you for two laps, and at the beginning of lap 24 Nikola Simic went wide in Village corner, hit you on the way back on track and I passed you both.

So either you're talking about someone else, or if you have a different replay please share it with me, I moderately appreciate the comment otherwise.

The time of the day setting I think was a bad choice, and others I already spoke with agree. Sometimes the added difficulty is welcome, but in this race the first turn was practically invisible and in the turn before the long straight the sun went straight into your eyes. For such races I would personally prefer 11:00am

Thank you for the race though!
Sorry again @Conrad Miller , but I checked my replay and I don't see any contact with you:
At the beginning of lap 18 I passed you in the second part of Village as you went wide, no even close to have contact.
Then I stayed ahead until the end of the lap when I pitted.
Then you went out of the pits ahead of me at lap 22, I followed you for two laps, and at the beginning of lap 24 Nikola Simic went wide in Village corner, hit you on the way back on track and I passed you both.

So either you're talking about someone else, or if you have a different replay please share it with me, I moderately appreciate the comment otherwise.
if it was him and not you, then i certainly apologize. i don't have a replay , just going by memory and since u were there, ur name stuck in my memory. are u gonna post a replay here? would be greatly appreciated.

lap 18 i did not go wide, i purposely let u go, thinking u were the one who caused the accident when i was lapping someone, apperently not u.
I'll have to run the replay in AC and record it as I didn't do it during the race, I'll try to do it later tonight or tomorrow.
In any case, I really don't think I caused you troubles, but it was a frustrating race, so I understand :) No hard feelings.

For me it was really fun, even if I was involved (innocently) in a crash. I was the one who crashed into @Ivaylo Grigorov , because he somehow just ended up in the middle of the racing line. But I won't take these kind of things so serious. We are here for fun. Later 20~25 laps I lost a bit of focus, and span, so lost again a few places.
Although I would like to mention, even if you guys full of adrenalin, and frustration because of some accident, please watch your language.
End of the day we are here for fun, always keep this in mind.

I was in the middle of the road because the guy in front had (almost) stopped. I've no idea what he was doing, I tried to brake hard but he was going way too slow. I crashed into his back. That's why it appeared like I had stopped. Also the poor visibility didn't let me judge he was going that slow for further away. I literally realised he was crawling at 1-2 car lengths behind his bumper. But anyway..

Agreed about your trying to control your slide..... I let cars, that are faster pass me, when they reach the point for me to yield the line to them... It is not the lapped car's responsibility to pull over and let a faster car by until they reach a passing place. I let you by when I felt you were at a passing point, and then you lost your car overcooking the turn. Had I not already been wrecked 4 times (with no one yielding to allow me to regain my position), I would not have reacted as I did to our incident. For that, I apologize. It was the most frustrating club event I have participated in a LONG time. Sorry, you got the tail-end of my race long frustration. Fortunately (or unfortunately for RD members that race clean), I didn't get replays, so I won't be filing any protests.

Again, Alen, my apologies for you getting the brunt of my frustration on TeamSpeak. But you did over-race the corner and it's all of our responsibilities to be able to drive within our limits so as not to affect other drivers.

No problem Michael. Thanks for the apology. I just found your reaction weird. But after reading your story, its understandable. No worries. I feel bad for you, the type of races that you had now s*cks. No worries.

I was happy with my 10th place qualifying (or around 10th), but it went pretty much downhill from there...
Was hit from behind at club corner on lap 1 by @Alen Pecanin I think. Then once more half a lap later and once again a few laps afterwards.
To be fair my ping was pretty poor today, usually around 90-100, but I had a few peaks at 140. And actually someone said I was warping, I then asked before the race to please let me know if my car was jumping around but no-one said anything. Not sure what to do then, I guess I'll have to give up next time.
One last thing: I try my best to give way when I'm getting lapped, I use a tracker for that, but please if you're lapping someone let them know on teamspeak, and thanks to the people who do!
(Oh and I missed the part about the two compounds and used medium twice before someone confirmed on TS :( sorry about that, I'll read more carefully next time)

Hey Mathias. If you are talking about the contact in last sector on first lap, could you check who started the ramming? If I remember right, yes I rammed somebody in front of me, but that was because I was torpedoed from behind by somebody else. I saw someone get blasted of in last sector where I rammed somebody, but that wasn't me, I got a great ram from behind. Sorry for the contact, but I believe I was torpedoed pretty well from behind. Not sure if you were the guy that got shoved 5-10 meters because of my ram, or the one guy getting blasted out into the runoff area? I believe that the guy I rammed only got shoved 5-10 meters in front of me because of I got rammed.

The guy who got blasted into the Gravel would be me Alen. I came out in something like 2nd last place, good job my Mic does not work when I am racing in AC.
Mathias, you were warping real bad in all sessions including the race which made it impossible for people to race near you. Looking at the replay this was this issue which caused the big crash on lap 1. I also was in your draft a few laps later down the back straight, when you had a huge warp and appeared on my hood causing a big crash. As I said my Mic when I am racing in AC for some reason does not work so I could not tell you. I did however tell you twice during practice and quali about your warping.
I has some fun out there last night however people doing U turns on the start finish straight, and people knocking you off when you are giving them allot of room just frustrated the hell out of me last night.
I feel sorry for the Admins who put this race on tbh. That is the first race on RD which as allot of guys said, felt like a pick up race. No respect shown out there last night from a few.
I will send Simon the list of incidents over the next few days as a few of you need to take a driving lesson!

Mathias, you were warping real bad in all sessions including the race which made it impossible for people to race near you. Looking at the replay this was this issue which caused the big crash on lap 1. I also was in your draft a few laps later down the back straight, when you had a huge warp and appeared on my hood causing a big crash.
Hi Dave, and I appreciated that you told me during practice. I then asked to everyone on TS to please tell me if I was still warping as it didn't look too bad to me, I understand that your mic didn't work but no-one else said a thing for 30 laps... :(
Also (and this is a general comment, I'm not talking about this particular), if the car in front of you or right next to you has a visibly high ping then be extra careful, I think a lot of accidents come from the fact that some people race as if everyone had 15ms latency...
Anyway, I guess that's it for me until I can get my ISP to sort it out. :(
And thanks again Simon for organising: it was a nice combo :)

Strange thing was Mathias that your ping was showing 77 for me. The quality of your connection however was real bad, I was on Ventrilo with Barney who also said you were warping.
I understand this was not your fault, however it caused real problems for guys who were around you. Look forward to racing you when you get this sorted out.

Regards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back