Even the safety car drivers are better

Yes the pace car has changed a lot since the old days of 90's i think Brazil had a Fiat Panda in 1993. The Pace cars where run of the mill cars and very slow for the cars to follow. So the cars are more exotic and performance oriented. There was a stock car race in my City of Toronto INDY track and the pace car was a Police Car. The one i would love to see is the McLaren F1 that has the wing come out of the bodywork.

In regards to what safety car to use perhaps there would be more racing laps if the Safety car was again returned to the more 'mundane' saloon, yes I know that these F1 cars go off the boil when driven slowly, and the 'powers that be' see higher speeds as safer for the cars, but really that's just another problem that they bought upon themselves*, if the cars slow to 50 kph behind the safety car it gives the marshals time to clear more debris before the cars return, no weaving and brake checking no burn outs simply engage slow mode and drive behind a 50kph saloon until released.
These are (meant to be) the best drivers in the world and should accept that everything is cooler and drive accordingly at the restart, it's OK to make a move but if it doesn't work out then you're responsible for your car and anything that happens because of it.
As for VSC, all drivers should have to engage the pit speed limiter until released,,, they have radios and eyes, if were to have radios in cars then make them a safety issue and call the driver in if it fails.

* the FIA rule makers have been slowly painting themselves into a corner, with tech advances, where the brakes don't work properly and the tyres give no grip and the aero doesn't work, and the electronics complain, and the computer glitches, and the antistall shuts down... the list is endless for why things have to go flat out or fail, but that is simply poor vision just waiting for another kneejerk reaction

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back