Euro Truck Simulator 2 Goes Multiplayer

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Goes Multiplayer

SCS Software have announced yet another update to their popular Euro Truck Simulator 2 game bringing an online multiplayer world to the PC game called World of Trucks.

Euro Truck Simulator was voted 3rd popular game at RaceDepartment Awards last year and still has a growing following of players. One returning question that was always very visible on the forums was: why doesn't...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
TDU 3 :) Truck Drive Unlimited.

Taking into account how many hours I've already spend on the single player events while being online with others on Teamspeak, a world of trucks where you can drive with others on the roads of Europe will be mind blowing fun.

No this isn't a new game Senad. Right now the game doesn't have challenges where players can compare scores and stats so although there isn't much info to go on let's hope they will implement a multiplayer system where we can meet each other on the roads. Let's just say that all the signs are there and hope that they will get this game into a cult status.

Don't really sure if this is going to be a "real multiplayer", maybe some "Highscore" games and so on. Let's hope for the best.

I also have my doubts ... "World of Trucks's ultimate goal is creating an environment where you - our community - can meet, interact and compete with each other in the expansive trucking world"

Meanwhile a modders team started re-working on MP system but with some restrictions ... AI and mods will be deactivated cause they say its impossible to synchronize them ...

Im having a lot of fun driving around in offline mod so i imagine how good it will be to drive in MP:rolleyes:

I cannot see scs mentioning multiplayer anywhere in their release - it seems to have been assumed by many people but where do they actually say or imply it? I hope I'm wrong, but I think many people may be disappointed when the update appears :cautious:

Indeed, no 'multiplayer' mentioned anywhere. And adding TDU style multiplayer to a game that doesn't have any would be a lot more than just 'slightly extending [the game's] functionality'.

I predict a social hub or something, statistics, comparisons with other drivers. Perhaps buying and selling user modified trucks.

Multiplayer ? I would prefer a more realistisk truck driving experience than have a multiplayer option, because right now there is too many ways by mods to cheat to a good result...
For me it is all about driving like it is in the real world and to be able to drive all over the world...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back