ETS2: Sardinia Confirmed as New Expansion Location

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have confirmed the recently teased new location for the game is...

… Sardinia! Yes, some of you guessed it correctly from the most bizarre teaser trailer released back on March 25th, and now we know for sure - Sardinia will be added as a new and free map expansion for European Truck Simulator 2 in the very near future.

Set to be added to the game for owners of the Italia Map Expansion that released back in December 2017, the new content is due to be added as part of the upcoming game build update, alongside the usual array of fixes, improvements and changes yet to be revealed by the studio. Sardinia is set to feature plenty of tight and twisty roads and breathless scenic views, as well as including three new cities in the form of Cagliari, Olbia, and Sassari.

No release date has been confirmed at the time of writing, although historically SCS tend to release trailers and details of new content quite close to when deployment date falls... so it probably isn't too long away until we get to find out for ourselves...

ETS2 Sardinia DLC.jpg

European Truck Simulator 2 is available now for PC.

For more ETS2 news and discussion, head over to the ETS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

It is good to hear about a new DLC. I played the game a while back and I really hated how the roads felt. You had to constantly keep turning and there were corners everywhere, there was never just a straight, normal road for 5 minutes. The driving felt very unnatural. Have they improved that in any way in the past 3 or so years?

Great news and, I admit, I did not expect Sardinia as the new expansion. A lot of people (including myself) were thinking that the Balkans was the part of Europe featured in the trailer.

Also, very cool that this is a free addition to the map. Great move by SCS.

JJ Lehto

Hamm3r of the gods
What @JJ Lehto said. Balkans will most likely be the next DLC. Sardinia is a free update/expansion to the Italia DLC.
And to think somebody disagreed on my post when it's all eg. on their blog, lol!

Like so:
SCS Software's blog said:
We are excited to announce that the island of Sardinia will be added in the upcoming update 1.35 as a free addition for the Italia map expansion for Euro Truck Simulator 2.
SCS Software's blog said:
Recently we released a short video showing A Road To Somewhere New... a first real taste of what major map expansion will be arriving next in Euro Truck Simulator 2.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000