1. Do you love cycling and/or running?
    Join the RaceDepartment community on Strava here.

Enhanced AA Settings?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Kayak83, Jun 8, 2015.

1. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +45
    Okay , 1 hour has passed and i tested back to back at Nords 15:30 mid clear .
    Started with Shadow map size @16384 = No change (not even fps)
    Revert back to 4096
    Then Splits to 0, 150, 500, 1000 = no change (not even fps)
    Revert back to 5 , 80 , 300 , 500
    Then Map bias (es) to 1 = no change ( not even fps)
    then thought stuff it and did all together , shadow map 16384 , splits 0,150,500,1000 and left biases at 1 and you guessed it NOTHING !!!
    What is going on ? I went back a checked everything was saved to new changed numbers and YES still 16384 , 0,150,500,1000 and biases at 1 .
    So i changed it all back to my default just to see if it did look better or change at all and i honestly cant see any difference while sitting 55"away from my 55"3840x2160 screen !
    WHY ?
    Anyway i just reverted back to my defaults and left it and now walking away in disgust .lol
    F**ckin Kunos shadows ,lol , what can you do ? Just hope pCars 2 get it right i guess .
    Thanks for your help anyway .

2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff

Ratings:
    +1,296
    Well there is something wrong :confused::O_o::roflmao:

3. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +45
    I hope pCars 2 get the aa right. Ive had enough of current Sims and their flicker/crawl and crappy shadows.
    I wonder whar Automobilista 2 will look like?

4. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff

Ratings:
    +1,296
    I don't have much hope for pcars 2 in terms of flickering. Every new game gets worse. Dirt 4 is flickering like crazy, dirt Rally was okay.
    Only good thing is the new "taa" that a few games are using. Not the best but really little Performance impact and flicker while in motion is heavily reduced :)
    Games I know with it:
    F1 2016
    Battlefield 1
    For honor
    Watch dogs 2

5. Authense

Authense
    So fast I am slow Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi, I am catching up on this thread with the following situation:

With 1080ti@2.0Ghz and 7700k@4,9Ghz I have 4x SGSS and 4x Multisampling running with Asintropic filtering (AF) disabled as well as SS under Steam VR. I get 90 FPS on the grid with 15 cars. All textures and cars are looking fantastic, no shimmering, no flickering, no blur. So far so good.

Enabling 2x AF (lowest possible setting) and/or using any SteamVR SS >1 for testing dramatically reduces frame rates. As well does using 8x SGSS with 8x Multisampling (experimental setting in Content manager) under the above conditions with a more devastating effect on frame rates but it really looks awesome. Shadows are fully disabled using Content manager and no PP as that does also minimize frame rates. No issue with that.

Now to the issue: With 4x SGSS and corresponding multisampling I am loosing road textures. The road right around the car looks normal but all the rest is just a washed out grey. Driving without road textures totally ruins the immersion for the sake of fantastic looking cars and environment.

Any idea how to get road textures back when using SGSS and having to disable AF? Maybe just a small thing I am not considering.

Thanks,

Chris