rF2 Endurance Series @ Algarve - Sat March 19th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm so sorry but i couldnt make it, sorry guys i know i had to inform you about this but i exited from a different long race and i decided not to race at that one, because i really get tired...

Well... race was over for me pretty soon. Lost a bit of control, drove over some curbs, rumbled through the sand traps, brakes were useless, hit the wall, tyre gone, end.

Big thanks to those who stayed until the bitter end and thanks Ivo for making those events possible.

few people this evening only 10/11 cars:frown:
I tried to catch you Polat but many my mistake so too short fun battle:)
congratulations at Podium and finishers
Thanks Ivo and RD for event

Too bad Christian :(

Pretty eventless race for me, only 3 in GT2, I qualified 1st...

A bit of a battle between me and Marcel at the beginning of the race until he made a mistake and die...

After this, it was lap after lap until the end, a few mistakes here and there as I went with a No-Pitstop strategy... Nothing bad really...

I even did the same lap as I did in qualy with worn out Hard tires (1:46,6) , I was kinda surprise ^^

Good job to everyone who stayed for this race, congrats to Butcher for the overall win, I don't know who won in P2 because I haven't seen the results but congrats to him anyway ;)

Apart from a few scary moments, LMP's were polite at passing me, thanks :D

Looking forward for the next race, hope there will be more people !

[...]After this, it was lap after lap until the end, a few mistakes here and there as I went with a No-Pitstop strategy [...]

Has your "strategy" paid off William? I mean did you came through the race without refuelling your car at least once? :confused:

I'm asking because I was entering the race with a one pit-stop-strategy to catch some new tyres and fuel mid-race. :)

By the way my first efforts to overtake you were awful. I think I have underestimated the extra weight of fuel when the race started although I did some test laps before. :wink:

Rather uneventful race, qualified on pole by some margin, but I can't take the credit for that, the 908 is just so much quicker than the petrol LMP's. I was going to take a petrol one, but because I race LMS, thought it would be more constructive to test the 908, seen as only 10 people took part.

All I had to do was drive round the track and keep it on the black stuff, as the Pug is about 2s per lap quicker than the Creation without much effort. Finished the formation lap, gunned it out of last turn. In usual Butchie style I cocked up midway round lap 1 and had to let the entire field through. Then I just had to drive back past evrybody, and finish the race.

About halfway through I pitted as I took softs for the first stint and they just weren't working. Took meds for 2nd stint, was much quicker in those, actually set the fastest lap on those tyres. I set myself a target: Lap the entire field :p I managed it, but had to push like crazy. Well done to Magnus for being as quick as you were in that thing :)

I want to say a few well done's, firstly to William who very early on didn't have anyone to race with, well done continuing, I know many people would have quit. Second, well done to everyone who decided to race despite the low turnout, nice to see a few of us are actually committed. Thirdly, well done to all those who finished. Never easy in races this long :)

Cheers guys, see you next time :)

Well qualified 1st in my class LMP2,lead the race for a few laps when the LMP1s spun off.

But after a few more laps off they went straight passed me.

Was a bit concerned about my fuel that I would not have enough, and after my pit realized i didn't have enough.

Forgot to take into account i was on boost 2.

Well had to pit a second time and lost 1st in my class to martin.

But then he spun and i got 3rd back, then i spun and martin regained 3rd.

Ended up finishing 4th, 2nd in my class.Thanks Martin and well done,and well done to Chris for the overall win.

Thanks to all that raced.

Has your "strategy" paid off William? I mean did you came through the race without refuelling your car at least once? :confused:

I'm asking because I was entering the race with a one pit-stop-strategy to catch some new tyres and fuel mid-race. :)

By the way my first efforts to overtake you were awful. I think I have underestimated the extra weight of fuel when the race started although I did some test laps before. :wink:

Hehe ^^

Yeah I didn't pit once in the whole race, Hard Tyres and a Full Tank of fuel for the race was enough ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back