rF2 Enduracers LMP3 @ São Paulo - Sat 26May18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I meant to apologize on TS about the way race 2 started :confused:, think we should have all been on the grid before I entered the command to fast forwad it in retrospect I should have just restarted the 2nd race.
Congrats to the podiums and everyone who managed to finish :)

I don't want to whine or be overly negative, in fact I hate to be, but seriously - I really want to like rF2, but while the driving feeling can be truly great when it works, most of the time it seems like it doesn't. In my experience, obviously. Especially online. By far the worst general experience from the technical standpoint. Disconnects and/or weird issues (like being alone on the track, despite seemingly connected to the server), frequent terrible lags and stutters, CPU spikes no matter how the game is set, no way of setting up FFB correctly, and now apparently also the fact that for some reason, racing at night means driving through patches of fog (but that's obviously on me, should've checked before). No other sim gives me so much trouble to just run correctly. I will give it a few more chances, but I'm almost ready to pull the plug on rF2. This is just not fun at all. It did look worse in DX9, sure, but ever since the DX11 update was forced on us, the general experience just went downhill tremendously IMO.

So apologies for my bad driving today (I mean I'm bad and slow, but usually not THIS bad) and for giving up in the second race. I just couldn't.

I have the opposite experience, since the latest update the performance of rF2 has been brilliant, for this mod both the FFB and road feel have got an great improvement. Except for the (not intended) pit lane start and one minor freeze last lap it worked fine, then it was a bit confusing if the first lap was an formation or race lap..:whistling: Anyway, these are great events :thumbsup:

@Martin Fiala as Jens says for me since the big update about 5 weeks ago it has been running much better. Before that I used to get weird graphic glitches with certain cars USF2000, V8's and a few others, although since the small update on monday in every online race this week people have been having lag problems and I have noticed a graphical stutter appear again not often but annoying when it does happen.
As you have said in an other post it amazes me how we have such different experiences with rF2. For myself the ffb is the best in any of the Sims although I wish they would give us a ffb clipping app like we had for the dx9 version.
Except for the (not intended) pit lane start and one minor freeze last lap it worked fine, then it was a bit confusing if the first lap was an formation or race lap..:whistling:
Yeah I think by fast forwarding the time it must have cancelled the formation lap:confused::confused: will have it sussed properly for next week;).

@Stephen Gibb Regarding the FFB, that's pretty much what I meant. The FFB is not bad (though I'm not sure if I would call it the best), but it's all over the place when it comes to strength and since there's no tool for DX11 (while bascially forcing us to run it as the DX9 has been abandoned and switching between the two requires installing a different version of the game, even though the download is small) and the new plugin system has been "coming soon" for like a year or so, there's no way to check clipping and such while setting it up. The LMP3 seemed to have very light FFB on the Interlagos track this week, the Renault Megane on Road Atlanta was very strong and (as I've found out by going through the chore of switching back to DX9 and using an FFB overlay) clipping on the tiniest of bumps... If rF2 was Automobilista, where the FFB is always set pretty much perfectly by default, this wouldn't have been an issue, but sadly that isn't the case.

I was hoping the new default HUD would include a FFB overlay, but sadly that wasn't the case either. Hell, I even had to fix that HUD myself (and learn how to do it in the process) to even be able to use it without issues. Which is absolutely in line with how rF2 feels to me most of the time - tons of features with new stuff added all the time, but never truly finished and polished out. Austin Ogonoski often called sims "an infinite science project" and while I mostly don't agree with that, rF2 *does* indeed feel like that to me. And it's a damn shame :( But I'm happy for those of you who have a different experience running it. Must be nice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back