Resource icon

Tracks Endless Floor test track 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
How hard/easy would it be to add some AutoCross or slalom style cone areas? Is this something I could do myself? If so, what tools would I need to use? 3dSimEd, blender, rtb?

My kids are starting to "drive" cars in AC, and are not quite ready for tracks with walls and boundaries, but something like cones might be a good way to ease them into the idea of trying to drive the car in a controller manner as opposed to constantly "drawing pretty lines and circles while doing spins and donuts". :p

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

How hard/easy would it be to add some AutoCross or slalom style cone areas? Is this something I could do myself? If so, what tools would I need to use? 3dSimEd, blender, rtb?

My kids are starting to "drive" cars in AC, and are not quite ready for tracks with walls and boundaries, but something like cones might be a good way to ease them into the idea of trying to drive the car in a controller manner as opposed to constantly "drawing pretty lines and circles while doing spins and donuts". :p

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic
That's a very nice idea for your kids! If you want to, I can give you the blender file that I exported the track from in private. For the exporting, I used kn5 exporter plugin for blender.

As I wrote in my comment, great map for testing cars. It would be especially useful with a telemetry recording app like ACTI but for some reason ACTI doesn't record telemetry while on Endless Floor. I guess the reason might be that there is no start/finish line as at least one lap time (works on drag too) is required for it to work properly. Would you consider adding those to the map? For example 5000m straight lane? I would certainly appreciate it.

As I wrote in my comment, great map for testing cars. It would be especially useful with a telemetry recording app like ACTI but for some reason ACTI doesn't record telemetry while on Endless Floor. I guess the reason might be that there is no start/finish line as at least one lap time (works on drag too) is required for it to work properly. Would you consider adding those to the map? For example 5000m straight lane? I would certainly appreciate it.
Sadly I tried without success

Does ACTI allow you feed in a binary file of simply dumped-to-disk UDP packets? I have a program that saves them in case that helps. I could make it fake the frames so that a startline pass is in there.

Nice! Thank you for this. Would it be possible to make a few more layouts though, with more lines? I mean that for example you'll have a lane with a 100 m radius, 200 m radius, 300m radius and such.

I'd like to try for a variation of cars, how fast I could stay on the lane for a 300 m radius lane

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.5%