Tracks El Atazar Road - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the way they do it has been allowed, as what's been offered here is usable, you couldn't do a Gilles and upload encrypted archives that need a paid password etc.

Tho their reaction so far is a bit silly and sounds like "someone will ignore all your advice and still buy this mess :)", and I see no intent on fixing the track. As if bringing in money is the main intention, and not providing a good track.

Just fixing the multiple material and texture issue would probably give you +30 FPS, add proper LODing for those (SketchUp made ultra high polygon) assets and you get another 10.

Hi there, I will reply to your post AccAkut because it seems that you have a small idea about create content for AC o even maybe you are an expert, I don't know.

First of all, remember that english is not our mother language and many time there are misunderstood because of that matter. I want to be clear about this as first point. Sometimes people don't even think about this issue that make people say what they want to say in other language in the proper way or tone. Google traslator is not perfect, we all know that.

Let's begin with my point of view about a lot of things you guys wrote here:

You said that you see no intent on fixing the track: that's not our reaction at all. We are working really hard to improve a lot of parts of the track. Let me explain you my point of view as part of the development team of this proyect (That's the team, two of us xD )

1) About the texture issue: Yes, we now about those multiple copies of the same texture and in our Premium version we are "cleaning" the texture folder, removing most of the duplicated ones. In a future update we will change all the textures to DDS format as far we learn about better use of the GPU in our track. Freeware users will need to wait until we change this aswell as the premium customers.

2) About Premium content not displayed in the basic version: obviously is a freeware version of our proyect. That's what you receive at this moment for free until a new freeware update see the light. If you check the map in the pictures we show at the overview, you can see a little part in green, which is the freeware version track and a lot of new content in red that show the actual premium roads and the future roads in development at this moment. You can also check the videos about those premium content where you can see those roads are actually designed at this time. Maybe you didn't watched. Here is the map: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/el-atazar-road-wip.34638/#lg=attachment391561&slide=0

3) About performance issues: I don't know what is your PC configuration but all our actual customers and betatesters aren't having any problem with FPS in this track. All of us with a medium or high configuration PC are around 65 to 130 FPS without to much problems. This will be improved when the cleaning texture phase will be implemented in a future for our premium customers and for the RD freeware users.

4) About having sponsored advertisment in the proyect (this is from another RD user comment): I can't understand what is the problem about this point, we exchange our work with all those business , they like it and we received in exchange a 24/7 El atazar server as other people have patreons or receive other kind of support.

As I told you before, we are working in a lot of things a the same time. It is our first proyect and we are leaning new technics and tricks every single day. We have to change some things to improve the quality in some areas (like textures amount) but I will ask you all to be patient about the timeline. It is a big proyect and we are not Kunos with a design department. Anyone that sometime created a track, as simple as it seems to be, it is not.

Thank you all for the replys and comments about the track that help us to improve the proyect for our freeware and premium customers. Finally, like my partner said, the price of the product is not the point here because that is the price of the premium version not the RD freeware version that you all are testing at this moment which is free for you guys.

Thank you for your time guys.

Wouldn't call myself an expert, but I've dipped into every every aspect of modding I think, car models, textures, physics, sounds etc. Currently working on a track myself intended for public release for the first time so the required knowledge for that is still fresh.

1) good to hear, this will make everything much better

2) I think you misunderstood, I never doubted that you actually have that premium content, I just thought if its done the same way the free track is, it would run even worse

3) Ryzen 7 3700, 32 GB RAM, "old" ATi RX 580 4GB... with CSP and Sol pretty much maxed out I had around 60 fps. Closer to 120 fps on other tracks

4) no issue with that at all

My critic was all just aimed at the combination of lacking performance optimisation and payware premium. If you're working on that, good to know. The way you reacted on 1 star reviews with :p and :) seemed like "haha we don't care", probably just an issue of miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 179 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 115 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 124 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 51 19.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 73 27.1%
Back