Not open for further replies.
noxxfaxx submitted a new resource:

El Atazar Road - Atazar

View attachment 390376

View attachment 390377

View attachment 390378

View attachment 390379

View attachment 390380

El Atazar, a well-known motorcycle route in the northern mountains of Madrid. A route with a special charm, as it is anchored in the Lower Lozoya Valley and surrounded by the water reservoir and El Atazar dam.

We have developed this project with the idea of being able to enjoy virtual driving, through the...

Read more about this resource...

well decrypting wasn't in your list of legal talk, so I did it :whistling:

...typical RTB made track with no quality control whatsoever, 1172 textures, most of these in jpg format (which is rather bad, bloats up memory use once loaded ingame as it needs to be converted by the GPU) and the typical RTB "trait" of having dozens of the exact same textures. Like I count 77 copies of Blank_FrontColor.dds

Zwischenablage02.jpg

(that in the middle is a single ad banner split in like 20 textures)

With all these textures there's also 1147 materials. In comparison a newer Kunos made track has around 40. Forty.

All this will cause bad performance. Especially unacceptable if you plan on selling ..."this" for 10€.
It's worth maybe 1€, after you fix the multiple texture and material mess.

If there's more free roam than LA Canyons in your premium versions then I think something like this would be awesome in Assetto - multiple left right junctions etc... But from what I gather the development/visuals isn't there yet but I'll keep my eye on this. But when it gets to a certain level I'd pay 10 euros for something like that - but only if it's real good that is.... so good luck!

Oh and Madrid - been there multiple times and travelled on trains throughout some of those Northern areas - great areas and further north again heading towards Santander very scenic and green. It would be good driving through these areas then drive down into Madrid and then free roam there also - but I have a little feeling that's to big of an ask! :D

We appreciate all your answers, but don't try to compare us with Kunos in the first thing we do, I think that's a big mistake.

If the price is not right, you are free not to buy it and criticize it, you are right.

We appreciate the good reviews from the people who are acquiring it on our website and we will also try to solve the other not so good ones that we send.

[QUOTE = "dwightyone, publicación: 3230249, miembro: 286623"]
Si hay más itinerancia libre que LA Canyons en sus versiones premium, entonces creo que algo como esto sería increíble en Assetto: múltiples cruces de izquierda a derecha, etc. Pero por lo que deduzco, el desarrollo / visuales aún no está allí, pero lo haré. Vigila esto. Pero cuando llegue a cierto nivel, pagaría 10 euros por algo así, pero solo si es realmente bueno, eso es ... ¡buena suerte!

Ah, y Madrid, estuve allí varias veces y viajé en trenes por algunas de esas áreas del norte, grandes áreas y más al norte nuevamente en dirección a Santander, muy pintoresco y verde. Sería bueno conducir por estas áreas, luego conducir hasta Madrid y luego deambular libremente allí también, ¡pero tengo la pequeña sensación de que es una gran pregunta! :RE
[/ CITAR]

We hope that your stay in Madrid has been pleasant and if you have also been in Santander you have visited another area of the most beautiful in Spain.

I go every summer to the northern beaches, they are the best!

In the map that you can see on our website you can see all the roads that are currently built, the one that is missing is the one that will border the lake in the west and north.

We appreciate all your answers, but don't try to compare us with Kunos in the first thing we do, I think that's a big mistake.

If the price is not right, you are free not to buy it and criticize it, you are right.

We appreciate the good reviews from the people who are acquiring it on our website and we will also try to solve the other not so good ones that we send.

I fully agree with your Kunos bit. I like ambitious big tracks especially real roads through real areas etc.... so yes, I think this is a good project to do and am keeping my eye on it.

And yep, GREAT beaches up north. I think when the Brits invade Spain in the east and south in summer Spaniards run away to the north to get away from them! :D

Edit: keep this thread updated with each of your updates

Last edited:
I think when the Brits invade Spain in the east and south in summer Spaniards run away to the north to get away from them!

Many go to a secret place in the south I can't tell you about for fear of being invaded... and not just by Brits. There are other nationalities who also holiday in Spain.

Have you compared your price to Kunos? Dream Pack one is now €6.99 on Steam and includes 10 cars plus the Nurburgring-Nordschleife.

Anyway, charge what you like, it's up to you... and up to us if we're prepared to pay it. I still think that charging €10 AND also having advertising/sponsorship is cheeky.

We understand that you do not like the price, but if I would like to know exactly what bothers you that the road includes advertising from companies, what bothers you?

Would you prefer that we put advertising from Michelin, nvidia, trhusmaster or other companies?

We include what is for us the best server management application for Assetto Corsa, which you can download in RD, we advertise them and they leave a server open with Atazar for all those people who want to try it, I don't understand if that also It seems as bad as the price.

Paymods shouldn't be advertised here IIRC. RD's not paying their running costs for you to advertise your track. Especially when it's a low-effort RTB cashgrab apparently. :rolleyes:

In general it's in bad taste to sell things which don't meet the minimum standards.

Paymods shouldn't be advertised here IIRC. RD's not paying their running costs for you to advertise your track. Especially when it's a low-effort RTB cashgrab apparently. :rolleyes:

In general it's in bad taste to sell things which don't meet the minimum standards.
Nah, the way they do it has been allowed, as what's been offered here is usable, you couldn't do a Gilles and upload encrypted archives that need a paid password etc.

Tho their reaction so far is a bit silly and sounds like "someone will ignore all your advice and still buy this mess :)", and I see no intent on fixing the track. As if bringing in money is the main intention, and not providing a good track.

Just fixing the multiple material and texture issue would probably give you +30 FPS, add proper LODing for those (SketchUp made ultra high polygon) assets and you get another 10.

Yes, you're right. I DLed it earlier to see if it's encrypted, but seems it's not. So technically it's allowed. Still quite low effort.

Yes, you're right. I DLed it earlier to see if it's encrypted, but seems it's not. So technically it's allowed. Still quite low effort.
I meant for them to fix it. I once tried to fix a track created in the similar style (Alemannenring, done with RTB and Sketchup), but gave up after a short while.

Running this track in Practice mode, alone, gives me the same performance as running my WIP one with 35 AI.

We understand that you do not like the price, but if I would like to know exactly what bothers you that the road includes advertising from companies, what bothers you?

If you're going to use the royal "We" you need to be consistent.

It bothers me that you are charging €10 and also getting sponsorship money (or favours) from companies for something that, according to experts, is substandard. However, that's the 'way of the world' these days and has become standard business practise. This is just another symptom. People will either fall for it or won't regardless of whether it bothers me or not.

Why does it bother you that it bothers me? Surely all that bothers you is making money not what others think.

Le contesto en español, para que no me corrija el lenguaje por hacer un copy paste de google translator, espero que no le importe, pero así si falla es el traductor y no mi gramática.

No vamos a entrar a debatir más, no hemos subido esto para que la gente nos valore el precio de venta, sino una carretera que hemos fabricado, por saber si les gusta o no les gusta, si a vd no le gusta lo lamentamos, preferiríamos que nos pusiera una estrella por que no le gusta pero no por el precio, pero nos hace mucha gracia que valoren un precio, cuando lo que han probado es gratis, si todavía vd. me dijera que ha pagado 10€ y no se corresponde con lo que ha pagado llegaríamos a entenderlo, pero valorar un precio por algo que no han pagado, ni probado, nos resulta un tanto extraño y raro, pero le digo, que nos resulte raro o extraño no quiere decir que no puedan hacerlo, cada uno es libre de poner la valoración que quiera.

Creíamos que en esta web se iba a valorar la carretera y lo que hay en ella, agradecemos a las personas que lo hacen, tanto con críticas buenas como malas, que de ahí se aprende, pero se está criticando un precio de venta y eso preferimos valorarlo nosotros por el trabajo que nos ha llevado hacerlo y por el cual estoy seguro que vd no debe de conocer.

No nos molesta que nos critiquen, ya le digo que hasta lo agradecemos, nos ayuda a mejorar, como el chico que nos puso lo de las texturas dds y demás información, simplemente le estamos preguntando, pero ya nos hacemos una idea con su respuesta.

Un saludo, y esperamos que por lo menos la parte gratis que ha probado, si es que la llegó a probar, le haya gustado.

To add, this release is just the single route of the multitude of routes you offer in the payware version (I mean the closed roads are not modelled at all. The mesh stops after after the 'Premium' labelled gates) , and it's already running pretty badly.
Can't imagine that the full version with all roads will be usable at all on mid range systems.

It's not like LA Canyons where the performance is consistent between free and VIP.

You really should rework this.

If you're going to use the royal "We" you need to be consistent.

It bothers me that you are charging €10 and also getting sponsorship money (or favours) from companies for something that, according to experts, is substandard. However, that's the 'way of the world' these days and has become standard business practise. This is just another symptom. People will either fall for it or won't regardless of whether it bothers me or not.

Why does it bother you that it bothers me? Surely all that bothers you is making money not what others think.

To be honest I dunno why you're so bothered about it , you don't like or want it then don't bother about it.

To add, this release is just the single route of the multitude of routes you offer in the payware version (I mean the closed roads are not modelled at all. The mesh stops after after the 'Premium' labelled gates) , and it's already running pretty badly.
Can't imagine that the full version with all roads will be usable at all on mid range systems.

It's not like LA Canyons where the performance is consistent between free and VIP.

You really should rework this.

I think these points are fair enough, and the view AccAkut puts across seems to come across as constructive criticism.

Go back, make it better, come back. The price isn't an issue for me and I think is a reasonable cost to pay to tiny teams of modders who put hundred upon hundreds of hours into their baby - like LA Canyons.

For some modders it may be their only source of income and lets be honest I very much doubt these spanish guys have made much money at all from their endeavours. But I would take the criticism here and turn it into a positive by putting some work into your "baby" and then you may get your rewards once people talk. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 182 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 117 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 126 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 53 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 74 27.1%
Back