Easy ways to gain FPS?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by ImprezAlex, May 8, 2017.

1. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    What are some good ways to improve FPS in Automobilista? Graphics is an obvious turn-down, but are there specific things and areas to look at that will help the most?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +288
    If you are already turning down graphics and still asking for more suggestions to gain FPS then I am going to say that you probably need a stronger video card.

3. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    Graphics are about medium, but I'm dropping FPS on a few corners at bigger tracks like Spa. "Get better hardware" is sort of like saying "Get a better car" when someone is asking for set-up tips.

4. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +288
    Well I was not trying to be rude I was trying to be honest. Turning shadows completely off is probably the biggest thing you can do but I assume you already did that since you said the graphics were already turned down. I also took your original post as asking for other options besides turning down the graphics. I meant no disrespect with my suggestion.

5. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    Oh I didn't think you were being rude. It's all good! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. roby13

roby13

Ratings:
    +52
    Turn mirrors off

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +160
    In-game
    - Anisotropic Filtering: 8x (don't go to 4x or you'll see a difference)
    - Shadows: High or even Medium (I keep this on max or else in-cockpit shadows are disabled, at least that's how it used to be)
    - Circuit Detail: High
    - Shadow Blur: Off

Game Config Tool
    - Anti Aliasing: 4x or 2x

Nvidia Control Panel
    - Max Pre-Rendered Frames: 1 (probably won't make a fps difference but should reduce input lag - set this to 1 for all sims)
    - Power Management Mode: Max Performance (to lessen the chance of fps drops due to GPU power managing)
    - Anisotropic Sample Optimization: On
    - Texture Filtering Quality: High Performance
    - Trilinear Optimization: On

Refresh Rate / Framerate
    If you have a high refresh rate monitor (eg. 144 Hz), you can set it to 120 Hz and aim for 120 fps or even 100 Hz and 100 fps. 100 Hz/FPS will still look and feel great. People tend to forget about this.

• Like Like x 2