Easy ways to gain FPS?

What are some good ways to improve FPS in Automobilista? Graphics is an obvious turn-down, but are there specific things and areas to look at that will help the most?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

If you are already turning down graphics and still asking for more suggestions to gain FPS then I am going to say that you probably need a stronger video card.

Graphics are about medium, but I'm dropping FPS on a few corners at bigger tracks like Spa. "Get better hardware" is sort of like saying "Get a better car" when someone is asking for set-up tips.

Well I was not trying to be rude I was trying to be honest. Turning shadows completely off is probably the biggest thing you can do but I assume you already did that since you said the graphics were already turned down. I also took your original post as asking for other options besides turning down the graphics. I meant no disrespect with my suggestion.

Well I was not trying to be rude I was trying to be honest. Turning shadows completely off is probably the biggest thing you can do but I assume you already did that since you said the graphics were already turned down. I also took your original post as asking for other options besides turning down the graphics. I meant no disrespect with my suggestion.
Oh I didn't think you were being rude. It's all good! :)

In-game
- Anisotropic Filtering: 8x (don't go to 4x or you'll see a difference)
- Shadows: High or even Medium (I keep this on max or else in-cockpit shadows are disabled, at least that's how it used to be)
- Circuit Detail: High
- Shadow Blur: Off

Game Config Tool
- Anti Aliasing: 4x or 2x

Nvidia Control Panel
- Max Pre-Rendered Frames: 1 (probably won't make a fps difference but should reduce input lag - set this to 1 for all sims)
- Power Management Mode: Max Performance (to lessen the chance of fps drops due to GPU power managing)
- Anisotropic Sample Optimization: On
- Texture Filtering Quality: High Performance
- Trilinear Optimization: On

Refresh Rate / Framerate
If you have a high refresh rate monitor (eg. 144 Hz), you can set it to 120 Hz and aim for 120 fps or even 100 Hz and 100 fps. 100 Hz/FPS will still look and feel great. People tend to forget about this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back