Dust in your pc!

Filters are a must for todays pc, my Corsair Obsidian Series 650D has filters and it makes such a difference to performance.

I also have a Corsair H100 Hydro on my cpu, long gone are the days of cleaning down the heatsink for me.
I would recommended anyone to buy one of these, it keeps my cpu at 23°C and a max of 30°C.

Filters are a must for todays pc, my Corsair Obsidian Series 650D has filters and it makes such a difference to performance.

I also have a Corsair H100 Hydro on my cpu, long gone are the days of cleaning down the heatsink for me.
I would recommended anyone to buy one of these, it keeps my cpu at 23°C and a max of 30°C.

One of my next upgrades will be a watercooled CPU kit. What sort of setup you got just a fan attached or a push pull setup?. Also where its strapped on ya case?

the Corsair H100 Hydro Series Extreme Performance CPU Cooler is a contained unit, (It comes with two 120mm fans that I have setup to blow out of the case) it only does the cpu, thats its downfall I guess.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cors...e-cpu-cooler-s775-1155-1156-1366-2011-am2-am3

The Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Black Mid Tower Case I have, has a vent at the top to fit a dual 120mm fans and radiator
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cors...r-case-with-sata-dock-and-side-window-w-o-psu

The draw back from the Hydro H100 is that it only does the cpu, I have a ASUS EAH6990 gpu, that I would like to add a full cover water block too, (when the warrenty is over). But I am thinking that I will have to look for an external system as I wont have the room to fit another dual radiator in my case.

I dont mind at the moment running the gpu card in its stock fan cooler, as the max temp I have seen is around 55°C (but thats with the fan on 100%) ( an that drives the Missus crazy) (I am not bothered as I were headphone, so I cant hear the fans)
But I have promissed her that when I get a second 6990 I will get a water system for it all.

So to sum it up mate!!
I have no idea about a full system, this is the first time I have had a cpu water cooler an I am very pleased with it.
Even running GTA V or F1 2010 it never goes above 30°C.

I run Bryce 7, Daz and 3D Max and when I do High renders or put the cpu under heavy load it still runs cool.

560Ti are nice cards, I was going to go for 2 x Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP, as they are a good setup in Sli, but then it doesnt leave room for future upgrade as they only go 2 way sli.
An by the look of things, games and render software are becoming more graphically depandant on the gpu.
I downloaded and played the Battlefield 3 demo on my setup the other day, an wow! its intense. everything moving, trees swaying, you can shoot most things and destroy them.
The light glare is lush and colourfull, the smoke trails and explosions are impressive.

I can hardly wait to see what the final release is going to be like.

Yeah I have seen these before.
But I have never seen one get tunrned off and then back on, which makes me wonder....
Are they ment to be left on constantly?
And...
I have never seen one been done on a modern pc, always old ones.

But it is one sure way to avoid any dust init lol

I usualy take the fans off and clean easch blade by hand, this may be a long and drawn out boring process but its the only safe way of doing it right.

I used to just stick the vaccum cleaner hose up against the fan edge and clean it that way, But I found out it could damage the ballance of the fan and also damage the thermal liquid in the fan motor and prevent it from working right.

Ooofff, good you remembered me, it has been some two years since I did that and during that time I have gained 5 cats, they do dust quite a lot of cat sand to air, shelves are often white in a weeks time, I'm afraid to think what it is inside :eek:

I have had watercooling, passive watercooling actually years ago, it still needs some fans but amount of airflow is lot less of course so dust is less too. One trick would be to get active charcoal material used in kitchen, now what is the word for thing that is above stove and sucks air and fumes? Direct translation would be stove fan, but it is probably not called that in english, anyway get mat of that active charcoal, it does filter most of the dust, restricts little airflow and best of all it makes computer to 'free' odour remover, so you can fart freely and air will be clean and fresh much quicker ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back