DTM: Robert Kubica testing for Mercedes

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Although the former Formula One star is still set to take part in the FIA European Rally Championship, Autosport and other sources are reporting that Robert Kubica is going to test a DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé next week in Valencia, Spain.

Two years ago Kubica suffered from severe injuries after a horrific crash in a local Italian rally stage and hasn't raced a car ever since on a circuit. His primary outings have been in smaller in smaller rally events during the last year.

Due to his commitments in ERC, that has several events clashing with the German touring car series, its unlikely that Pole will have a permanent seat in DTM. However it does raise the question where would you love to see Kubica drive in the coming years? In rally or on the race track in series such as the DTM?
View the Post on the Blog

As my compatriot I have to say that I'm proud of Kubica's will to return to motorsport.

It's a great shame that Robert had this terrible crash as Poland don't have such a great motorsport tradition like Italians, Germans and Brits and probably we will have to wait another half of century for such a talented Polish driver.

In my opion he had potential to be F1 champion. Maybe he will be DTM or WRC champion instead? :D

Robert has an awesome gift from the big guy upstairs.
such a down to earth guy who would drive the wheels off anything he gets into.
would love to see him in DTM or V8 Supercars I see Mercedes are entering this year but cant find any pictures on the net of the car hmmmmmm

Good stuff! Kubica's accident was huge loss for, not only for himself, but for F1 and the whole motorsports. I wish all the best to him and great to see his getting back to the sports bigtime.

As my compatriot I have to say that I'm proud of Kubica's will to return to motorsport.

It's a great shame that Robert had this terrible crash as Poland don't have such a great motorsport tradition like Italians, Germans and Brits and probably we will have to wait another half of century for such a talented Polish driver.

In my opion he had potential to be F1 champion. Maybe he will be DTM or WRC champion instead? :D
shame we do not have pay drivers...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back