DTM 2016?

I've just launched the game to get the Tatus F4, and i've noticed that I now have a Paul Diresta's DTM 2016 car. Where has that come from.

I was checking split times, and to the 1st stint I constantly loosing 0.5-0.7 seconds, even if I run very wide out of 1st turn (wide to the maximum). So where can I loose that much time? It`s virtually impossible.

The very, very fastest guys use a few different methods to get to the top of the leaderboards.

First and foremost, they dont care at all about driving clean or fair. They abuse every single track limit and cut any corner they can that the game allows. Since the game uses the same cut track rules for the leaderboard competitions and normal racing.. the cut track rules are more lenient than I would like to see them for the competitions.

2nd, you can actually gain a ton of time just from specific types of setups. If you think real world setups, you arent going to be heaps faster. The top guys use crazy setups. Like, completely absurd. R3E does alright in my opinion to prevent people from using crazy setups by making certain setup options incredibly difficult to drive and control. Im not going to say what those setup options are, because the fewer people using them the better, but for those that can control the cars using them... they do have a bit of an advantage.

From my experiences with these crazy setups, you can gain roughly ~2 seconds by using them. Although it is so difficult to drive, for me it takes all the fun away.

3rd, based on my own suspicions of certain fast players, I feel they use one of those crazy setups, and then either go without using FFB, or alter the control files. The control files are accessible by anyone, so this is no real problem since you can tailor the FFB to your needs. However, some of the crazy setups make your car extremely unstable over bumps and kerbs, so I feel turning off the FFB would make it far easier to drive since your wheel wont be pulling to one side or the other so viciously. Speculation, but still... :p

Beyond that, R3E is fairly forgiving. It's pretty tough to spin the cars, so you can really push the cars hard and over drive them to get good times. Keep putting in laps and even try using the racing line on screen from your fastest lap to show you where your braking points are. This usually helps to see where you can find a few more tenths. ;)

Good luck

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back