DRSSound

Apps DRSSound 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
sffraser submitted a new resource:

DRSSound - Get an audio cue for DRS.

Overview
This app will give you an audio cue for when the DRS is available, as well as a sound for the DRS flap opening. Having an audio cue is much more accurate than guessing when you cross the line, and easier than keeping an eye for a visual cue (extremely helpful for colorblind users, since the enabled/disabled colors can be too similar).

Installation
Just drag and drop the contents of the zip file into your Assetto Corsa directory. Make sure to enable it in the settings....

Read more about this resource...

Cool! I will try this out for sure. Very handy, and authentic for F1. Thanks!

@123rem
It looks more like your time in this community is a complete waste. Ignored.

Cool! I will try this out for sure. Very handy, and authentic for F1. Thanks!

@123rem
It looks more like your time in this community is a complete waste. Ignored.

Thanks! It was a bit disheartening to see as the first review for the first thing I've submitted, but I'm glad to see not everyone thinks the same.

More like 123rem is Ignored. Nice app, he obviously isn't an F1 sim racer

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not sure what their problem is - they could have at least waited 10 minutes to pretend that they tried it and hated it haha.

I won't use this app because I hardly drive f1 cars, but what 123rem did is just disgusting imho.
If you won't use an app what's the point in giving 1star ratings? Just don't download it, as easy as that.
This community is amazing, someone even wrote somewhere that felbergring must be a bad rip mod...
Anyway, thanks for this app, should I drive an F1 car I'd surely use it!

Last edited:
Having an audio cue for when you can open DRS is silly, this feature must be removed and all DRS boards must be moved to insconpicuous positions. This way drivers must remain serious and pay high amounts of attention to the boards if they want to use DRS. Drivers that fail to utilize DRS under these rules should be disqualified from the race immediately. :sneaky:

I won't use this app because I hardly drive f1 cars, but what 123rem did is just disgusting imho.
If you won't use an app what's the point in giving 1star ratings? Just don't download it, as easy as that.
This community is amazing, someone even wrote somewhere that felbergring must be a bad rip mod...
Anyway, thanks for this app, should I drive an F1 car I'd surely use it!

Yeah, ratings should be about the performance of the app, not what you think about the idea of it.
I appreciate your view though. I made the app so it was just there when you need it, to make it feel like it was part of AC.

If you need a voice to tell you you can turn on DRS, you shouldn't be driving an F1 car.
I think it's a pointless download, end of story. I'm not here to congratulate everyone on producing any little thing, no matter how worthless, I am not a kindergarten teacher or your mother.

It's called criticism. It's a vital part of learning and developing. Read it, dismiss it or learn from it, your choice. I won't be offended if you ignore my critique.

Last edited:
If you need a voice to tell you you can turn on DRS, you shouldn't be driving an F1 car.
I think it's a pointless download, end of story. I'm not here to congratulate everyone on producing any little thing, no matter how worthless, I am not a kindergarten teacher or your mother.

It's called criticism. It's a vital part of learning and developing. Read it, dismiss it or learn from it, your choice. I won't be offended if you ignore my critique.

First, it's not a voice, it's a small beep. You would know that if you actually downloaded it.

Second, actual F1 drivers have the exact same thing - so if they shouldn't be driving in F1 because of that, then who should?

Third, it was not even criticism. It would have been criticism if you tried it out instead of instantly giving it a review of 1 star. Reviews should be for actually reviewing the app, not just your opinion about the idea. If my app is truly a "total waste of time", how would you even know when there wasn't enough time to download, install, and run it before you left your review? It seems as if you wasted your own time writing your review.

Lastly, here's my own criticism for you: I hope you've read what the community thinks about your actions. Also, I'm glad you're not my mother.

This sounds like a really good idea, I just cannot get it to work. I probably did something wrong but cannot figure out what.

The app has been installed in the AC apps/python folder and is enabled in the general tab of AC settings.

Has someone come across this issue and/or knows how to make it work?

Yes I did, I have just been lapping Silverstone but didn't hear any beeps for DRS. Also tried to play around with the audio settings but that didn't seem to help.

Just tested with Kunos SF70H and I hear the beep not with the Nissan Primera I tried before :)
on the RSS2018 it works also

Last edited:
Just tested with Kunos SF70H and I hear the beep not with the Nissan Primera I tried before :)
on the RSS2018 it works also

Thought it might be that I had the 3 DRS zones for Silverstone but it isn't doesn't work with the SF70H at Monza either. Was trying with the RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 at Silverstone.

Do I have to enable anything else somewhere other then the checkbox in the general tab in settings?

I have also the 3 drs zones for Silverstone

tested on monza with the SF70H the beep is there
You should also hear the beep on Silverstone and Monza just after the track is loaded ingame

only thing I noticed what could is be that you activate drs at the same time the beep should come, as there is also a wav file for enabling drs (click sound) and it could overwrite the beep sound for activate drs.wav

nope only activating in the general tab
otherwise I suggest to re download the app

or
https://www.beltonehearingtest.com/
:)

Last edited:
I have also the 3 drs zones for Silverstone

tested on monza with the SF70H the beep is there
You should also hear the beep on Silverstone and Monza just after the track is loaded ingame

only thing I noticed what could is be that you activate drs at the same time the beep should come, as there is a wav file for enabling drs (click sound) and it could overwrite the beep sound

nope only activating in the general tab
otherwise I suggest to re download the app

or
https://www.beltonehearingtest.com/
:)

This is really odd, I've also tried just entering the DRS zone at 50kph in 8th gear so basically no engine sound and I still couldn't hear the beeps. I have opened the *.wav files and do hear the sounds there so it isn't my hearing :unsure:.

Re-downloading the app also didn't seem to help as it still didn't work for some reason. Guess it must be some kind of issue with another app or mod interfering with it?

I have found the following errors in the AC log.txt. Don't know what it means and whether it is something with my specific installation?

Code:
Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/DRSSound/
Opening PyModule DRSSound
ERROR
PyModule :: Errors occurred loading DRSSound

[PY ERROR]: apps/python/DRSSound\DRSSound.py (7)
ERROR: Python ERROR LOADING MODULE :sys.path.append('apps/python/DRSSound')

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%