DRM Revival group 5 cars "guide" for online racing

Misc DRM Revival group 5 cars "guide" for online racing 2020-08-03

Login or Register an account to download this content
FFF789 submitted a new resource:

DRM Revival group 5 cars "guide" for online racing - Division 1 cars only - not BOP suggestions, but advice for using what cars in an online race.

Hey all,

After couple of seasons racing these awesome cars and in the light of the latest DRM 1.3 update, I'd like to post my findings and some advice what cars you can use to have more fun racing, at least to my knowledge. I can clearly make a mistake, so feel free to jump in on discussion. This is NOT a BOP suggestion as I stated in the tagline, but rather wanted to share my opinion in order to have better experience online. A "guide" sort of.

I am not even sure if this can be shared...

Read more about this resource...

A quick question: I'm having great difficulty maintaining front tyre temperatures.
I'm using what I assume is the softer compound.
If I try a very twisty circuit I'm ok.
Road america and I'm dropping below 70, lot's effort and I can probably level at 65 degrees.
Am I supposed to be using an 'extreme' set up?

A quick question: I'm having great difficulty maintaining front tyre temperatures.
I'm using what I assume is the softer compound.
If I try a very twisty circuit I'm ok.
Road america and I'm dropping below 70, lot's effort and I can probably level at 65 degrees.
Am I supposed to be using an 'extreme' set up?

Medium compound is for qualifying and shorter races. Definitely easier to reach better laptimes. So very grippy and enables you to carry more speed through corners. Endurance compound on the other side is less grippy and for longer races, like 1 hour or more.

Well, I can't tell how fast driver you are so forgive me if making obvious assumptions first about driving :) It could easily be that you're not bringing enough speed into and through the corners and the front tires are not loaded enough. Like, try braking just enough before the corner but then coasting on approach and through with speed dropping just enough to actually make the corner. You can add just a little bit of brake for balance. This is where that weight shifts forward and maybe loads up those front tires more enabling you to turn easier with more speed and bringing a bit more heat into tires. Since these turbo cars have huge turbo lag, it takes a while for that power to come up to it's highs. So you should be on throttle earlier than normal NA cars. To help that you can pump the throttle and watch as the turbo gauge climbs up, so try and keep it up there, all that while cornering and then slam on it. Each car has some different torque@RPM values so you should look at all that and try them all out. This is also where proper gearing may come into play, so that you can stay at good RPM value to be able to carry speed and then to have power to pull you out of the corner with good acceleration.

But it's likely a default setup based issue too, since these cars are kinda on understeer side on entry. Some less and some more. There's a wide area in car setups to try out and I'm no setup guru :) But maybe dropping front tires pressures a notch or a couple, and then going out on track. You need about a lap or two to scuff those fresh tires and bring them on full grip and temperature. Depends on compound. Then try only with changes to negative or positive toe, depending if you need more sensitive or less sensitive steering respectively. Adding negative camber will give you some more heat into a tire when cornering but too much may produce tire lockup on braking. Then stiffening bump rubber, springs with lowering ride height. And maybe stiffer anti-roll bars. All that at front. Try some of that, 1 by 1, and should help.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%