Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was urged to come comment here and give physics advice, so whatever, I will do it. But I'm not going to waste my time arguing with people who have no idea what they're doing so I will give you the honest picture, some advice and you can decide what to do with it.

This whole mod has a serious and profound misunderstanding of almost every physical parameter inside AC and in real vehicular dynamics. It's not something a post or two can fix. Nobody should be paying for this right now. I'm not gonna ask for every car to be accurate and realistic, but they should at least meet the basic AC content standards.

Even for someone skilled with data it would be a taxing job to fix even one car, but the standard can at least be made higher. The first place to focus on would be to correct all of the really bad parameters in the tires and make sure there aren't big implementation mistakes in the suspensions. Having the cars be data-accurate is one thing, and might not be actually doable for all cars, but having them function is a minimum IMO if you are going to sell anything.

Now, some resources:

Read the pipeline. I explained the majority of the important parts. Anything you do not understand you should ask in Discord as outlined below.

"Suspension Geometry and Computation" by Dixon is the best book to learn suspension dynamics. Read that.

It would also be a good idea to hop onto the CSP Discord's mod-talk channel, specify that you are DRM Mod Team's physics developer and there will begin a conversation. Even if the mod is paid I think people are willing to assist at least in the basic things. All of the skilled physics modders in AC frequent it.

- on both carmas lodA extra_frame has mapping issues on lodA, that rear subframe is showing a wrong texture
- puriano 1h 1 and 2 has 2 bars on the lodB+C rear window non-existent on lodA (btw, is there any news of the scratch made h1 model that was teased before? It'd be a very welcome replacement to the ageing models)
- rmt 121 lod C wheels are missing their inside surfaces (might be noticeable on distant cars cornering ahead, specially when csp forces lod Cs to show a bit sooner vs an ai grid)

Puriano 1h and 1H2 fixed, done.
RMT121 /2/3 lod c fixed, done.
Carma no issue found, can you please make a screenshot.

Thanks Dennis

"- reworked textures for the carma" You might already have sorted it by now if textures were revised since the 1.31 release. I was referring to this subframe that seems to be receiving a planar mapping of 308_ENGINE1.DDS on the current version:
extra_frame.jpgScreenshot_drm_carma_endlessfloor_9-6-121-18-37-29.jpg

PS: And really, for anything ac physics related just hop into #mod-talk on the official csp discord (as linked in Arch's post above) when documentation isn't enough. Even if it concerns a payed mod, you should be able to find most knowledgeable help.

Last edited:
More than any visual update, I agree with the previous posts and would be particularly happy if you guys could update the physics to modern standards.
I know it's not nice to hear that when a lot of work has been put in the mod but I'm sure you guys also want those cars to behave like the real deal.

The pipeline by Kyuubeey is a reference and the discord channel previously mentioned host some of the best modders for AC, it would be amazing if you guys would agree to come and discuss the main physics points so that this mod gets to another level. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your continued great work on this mod.

One small feature request that I think would add a lot of value if these cars were used for online endurance racing would be the introduction of user-controlled turn signals (blinkers) for use with CSP's turn signal controls.

Using them, lapped drivers could more easily let the leaders through, and drivers with a puncture (from a high speed spin) or accident damage could turn on the hazard lights while they limp back to the pits.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

Another issue that will probably manifest under csp only regarding disappearing rear wheels through grills on some cars, as it is more strict with shader setup than vanilla ac:

- On the Delikata 1 on lodA the meshes behind the wheels are using ksPerPixelAT over an object that isn't transparent (ok for _AT), but the blend mode is still set to alpha_blend instead of alpha_test for a non transparent obj, so the wheel when seen behind it can disappear (render priority issue) depending on angle/distance:
Screenshot_drm_delikata_vrc_california_17-6-121-4-51-4.jpg
This is very noticeable when following AI cars, as you'll see the complete fender hole when they turn in front of you. On lodB the issue doesn't happen as both objects are now transparent. Then on LodC one grill obj is transparent (left) and the other isn't (right), so the wheel will be missing on the right side*.

On the Delikata 2 this doesn't happen on lodA as the object is also set to transparent for alpha blend to behave despite using an _AT shader, but then on lodB and C the wheel will be gone behind the left mesh because it's still using alpha blend over what is now a non-transparent obj:
delicata2.jpg

Something similar happens on the Puriano 3H (1 and 2), but only on lod B:
- The rear sides grill (single obj in this car) is using ksPerPixelNM and alpha blend, but in this case the object isn't set to transparent as in lodA, so a render priority issue will occur, making the wheels disappear behind the grill:
Screenshot_drm_3h_vrc_california_17-6-121-5-5-53.jpg

(All seems ok on the RMT 1001's on these rear grills as they consistently use across lods an _AT shader blending with alpha test over non transparent objs. Haven't checked for other grills on cars other than these behind wheels, where dark wheels occasionally disappearing and then exposing bright track scenario through fenders holes can be more obvious.)

Edit1: Another thing I forgot mentioning, on both Puriano 1H (1 and 2) lod B loses the external windscreen main banner texture, so on a few 1H 2 liveries it can go from black on lodA to a yellow or orange strip on lodB (I guess the texture on B was made to match real branded version).

Edit2:
A small apart, on both Delikatas on lodC maybe it'd look better if the inner black obj that fills the interior of the fenders would extend more (as on lodB) so 2 holes don't noticeably open and close in this dark section of the rear when you follow them on long straights:
Screenshot_drm_1n_vrc_california_18-6-121-8-18-49.jpg
Note: *As per previous comment, on this image the missing top of the right wheel on that section was patched to show via config by setting the grill obj to transparent, else this hole would look larger depending on angle. See image comparison here on lod b<>c switch without any user changes)

Thanks

Last edited:
I was urged to come comment here and give physics advice, so whatever, I will do it. But I'm not going to waste my time arguing with people who have no idea what they're doing so I will give you the honest picture, some advice and you can decide what to do with it.

This whole mod has a serious and profound misunderstanding of almost every physical parameter inside AC and in real vehicular dynamics. It's not something a post or two can fix. Nobody should be paying for this right now. I'm not gonna ask for every car to be accurate and realistic, but they should at least meet the basic AC content standards.

Even for someone skilled with data it would be a taxing job to fix even one car, but the standard can at least be made higher. The first place to focus on would be to correct all of the really bad parameters in the tires and make sure there aren't big implementation mistakes in the suspensions. Having the cars be data-accurate is one thing, and might not be actually doable for all cars, but having them function is a minimum IMO if you are going to sell anything.

Now, some resources:

Read the pipeline. I explained the majority of the important parts. Anything you do not understand you should ask in Discord as outlined below.

"Suspension Geometry and Computation" by Dixon is the best book to learn suspension dynamics. Read that.

It would also be a good idea to hop onto the CSP Discord's mod-talk channel, specify that you are DRM Mod Team's physics developer and there will begin a conversation. Even if the mod is paid I think people are willing to assist at least in the basic things. All of the skilled physics modders in AC frequent it.

Physics based on 5 excell sheets that somebody has written, reminds me on fantasy island...

fi.jpg

View attachment 395181
The DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa is now available to purchase with discount.

With the kind permission of RaceDepartment, we can now post the link to our store for this resource, and as a thank you, we are offering 20% discount to all RaceDepartment premium members on the price of our car. You don't pay EUR 15,00 but only EUR 12,00 when you have an active premium membership.

20% Discount Promo Code
Grab the promo code for premium members here. Not a premium member yet? You can upgrade your account here.

Description
The work of this mod spanned over a period of more than 3 years. We developed internal standards for graphics, sounds und physics, but the previously simply "conversion" turned into a complete rebuild.

The vehicles date back to the years 1977 -1981 and could be driven in the former racing championship “Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft”, which was regulated by Group5 rules.At that time turbocharged cars where the measure of all things. No victory was possible without turbo engines. But the immense development costed a lot and of course the performance of the cars exploded and in the early 80`s the end of that era was near.

And now we will bring back these monsters and we proudly present our interpretation of the Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft for Assetto Corsa.

Read more about this resource...
Hi Guys
Is there any way of tracing my payment please.
I have lost all my backup files.
Best Regards

Hello guys,

some of you know the background of why we stopped bringing the DRM REVIVAL 3.0 for rF1 and generally turned away from rFactor and switch to Assetto Corsa.

This was all a long time ago and in the past 3 years we have search some rf2 modding teams to convert the mod from AC to rf2, yes we want to see the DRM REVIVAL MOD for rF2.

Now a little story, it is not a Assetto Corsa story, but please read it.

xxx and administrator of the community xxx asked many months ago if he could have the unreleased version of DRM REVIVAL 3.0 from us to bring a new version with additional cars for rf1. Ok, we sent him this never released version and allowed to use the models.

Yesterday we found out that he not only used and published the cars from the old rf1 version, no, he also used the new models from the current DRM REVIVAL Assetto Corsa version( Puriano K3 and Marod Scream ). He believes that because of the purchase of the MOD he has acquired these rights.
From some of the other cars of the DRM REVIVAL MOD, like the Lardo Monastir and the RTM 121 "Flachbau" you can find pictures at facebook and in my opinion they are ready for release.
Ok, it is only rf1, but it makes not better.

I would like to ask you, if you find a link to this unauthorized conversion, please report it to me: drm_modding_team@freenet.de.

The following address is known so far:

- xxx
- xxx

Thanks and happy SimRacing

Last edited:
After sending a copyright violation to mega we will get the following information :

Content for simracing game.

The takedown notice filed for the content for copyright of the models seen are not owned by them, but by the Manufacturers who created the cars depicted in the content.

I will accept service of proceedings in New Zealand or in the jurisdiction where my address in this counter-notice is located, from the person who provided MEGA with the original copyright takedown notice or an agent of such person.

I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

Unless you show (by email to counternotice@mega.nz) that you have
filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber
within the next 10 working days, MEGA will consider reinstating the
file/s.

This is the point where you should consider how to proceed with intellectual property and work for a MOD. In the stupid and simple way to justify the theft of models has not yet occurred to me

I'm saying that to MEGA it doesn't matter if people convert your stuff because you're benefitting from a company's work illegally. The same thing goes for RSS as well and all of these paymod groups. The copyright takes precedence over the 3D work.

It is not nice to do the conversion, but it doesn't mean that any entity has to take any action to prevent it legally.

Apply the same logic to materials from popular media, like Mario for example; if you made a 3D model of Mario and sold it as Italian Plumber Man, and someone converted it without your permission, do you still expect companies to support you just because you did the 3D work and changed the name? Of course not; so why does it change for cars?

Registered designs can be applied for by companies or private individuals. Protection arises upon entry of the design in the register kept by the DPMA and is valid throughout the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. The term of protection of a registered design is a maximum of 25 years from the filing date.

No racing cars of that time were protected by copyright law. The vehicles originated for small companies, such as GS-Motorsport, Kremer, Zakspeed, Schnitzer, there are no copyrights and if they have expired.

Only the sponsors and logos are important

Kyuubeey
There's a vast difference in the effect between a multimillion company and a small group of modders. If you want to discuss the ethicality of this then maybe open a thread for that, although I believe there already is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes