Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 243506

View attachment 245296
The DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa is now available to purchase with discount.

With the kind permission of RaceDepartment, we can now post the link to our store for this resource, and as a thank you, we are offering 20% discount to all RaceDepartment premium members on the price of our car. You don't pay EUR 15,00 but only EUR 12,00 when you have an active premium membership.

20% Discount Promo Code
Grab the promo code for premium members here. Not a premium member yet? You can upgrade your account here.

Description
The work of this mod spanned over a period of more than 3 years. We developed internal standards for graphics, sounds und physics, but the previously simply "conversion" turned into a complete rebuild.

The vehicles date back to the years 1977 -1981 and could be driven in the former racing championship “Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft”, which was regulated by Group5 rules.At that time turbocharged cars where the measure of all things. No victory was possible without turbo engines. But the immense development costed a lot and of course the performance of the cars exploded and in the early 80`s the end of that era was near.

And now we will bring back these monsters and we proudly present our interpretation of the Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft for Assetto Corsa.

Read more about this resource...

This was my fave mod in RF1, I hoped for this from day 1 in A.C and overjoyed to finally get it. I love the mod, but one thing is still bothering me, tyre squeal, or the lack of it. There is clear squeal when you lock up the brakes, but not getting any squeal under any other circumstances, losing grip, sliding, spinning etc. With cars like the 2002 that under-steer allot, I can see the front sliding left and right, yet there is no sound. It gives the strange impression of driving on ice and really breaks the immersion for me. I thought this was a volume balance issue in 1.0, but now that 1.1 is here and there is still no tyre sound Im worried it's just not included.

I am loving the DRM mod, especially the Lancia Beta Turbo which I discovered casually. These cars are so much fun to drive and there are so many great details to discover in the graphics, like the wonderful animations of the gear lever or the exhausts or the cogs/fans that can be see in movement.

I have a suggestion for your next update: as you probably know, night racing is now possible in Assetto Corsa and it's awesome! Now, one thing that the DRM Revival cars are missing is some glow (glare) on the headlights. Let me show you an example:
These are the DRM cars at night (the glare was set to medium in AC settings but even at maximum there isn't much more glare):
2F38F50B3D30FF84013EB93CEB12AE736383290E

And this is another mod (GT1 from RSS), with glare set to maximum:
2504A1BF1813058CC4F19819B9ECAF2E75495584

As you can see in the second image, the car headlights can have a more intense (realistic?) glow at night. They can be configured to do that.
To learn how to do that, I think you can check the discord thread of the author of this dynamic lights mod (same guy who did Content Manager): https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/453615190270017546

I think that seeing your cars racing at Le Mans at Night with the proper light glare would be amazing! Thanks!

Last edited:
After having this mod since day one it has become one my favourite go to mods. Even if I choose to have a night racing other cars and classes I’ll almost always finish the session having a go on the Porsche 935 K3 or the Zakspeed Capri.

Also the sound must be pretty good as I could tell that a Porsche 935 K3 was being warmed up in its paddock at Le Mans Classic last month before I even walked in and saw it.

Thank you

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Mark D Hutchinson, bericht: 2781823, lid: 578403"] Hallo Ik heb problemen om de mod aan het werk te krijgen, alle auto's bevinden zich in de juiste map, maar wanneer ik probeer er een te rijden, verschijnt het laadscherm en dan wordt me teruggeroepen naar het menu, eventuele ideeën? [/ QUOTE]
Mod Edit: please use English.
Hello I have problems getting the mod to work, all cars are in the right folder, but when I try to drive one, the loading screen appears and then I get called back to the menu, any ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "Mark D Hutchinson, bericht: 2781823, lid: 578403"] Hallo Ik heb problemen om de mod aan het werk te krijgen, alle auto's bevinden zich in de juiste map, maar wanneer ik probeer er een te rijden, verschijnt het laadscherm en dan wordt me teruggeroepen naar het menu, eventuele ideeën? [/ QUOTE]
Hello I'm having trouble getting the mod to work, all cars are in the correct folder, but when I try to drive one the loading screen comes up and then boots me back to the menu, any ideas?
I have the same problem,try out everything, can,t find any error in the log files, even after a complete clean reinstal of acc, the problem excists, I receive allready mail with
support, but no answer to the actual problem.Lets me no if your problem is solved

I have the same problem,try out everything, can,t find any error in the log files, even after a complete clean reinstal of acc, the problem excists, I receive allready mail with
support, but no answer to the actual problem.Lets me no if your problem is solved

Please read this thread starting from forum post #585:

You may have forgotten to install the driver files for the mod.

I had the driver done in the folder content - driver, but was not fully unpacked,i open that folder open and put the subfolder on the right place, everything now works properly.
Everyone who helped me thanks
I am glad you could figure it out and now you are up and running ;-)
Enjoy the cars, check them out with some of the tracks these raced in their day like Riverside or Road Atlanta and some of the modern Revival event tracks such as Nurburgring GP, Zolder and Spa - these cars are just amazing!

Can someone help me? I bought the mod´and installed it correctly in the folder. However when I try to play the game, it fails to load any of the cars in the mod. I can select them in main menu and everything, but when I hit "Start" the game only loads the track, not the car and then tosses me back to main menu without any error message. What is the problem?

Please read this thread starting from forum post #585:

You may have forgotten to install the driver files for the mod.

Can someone help me? I bought the mod´and installed it correctly in the folder. However when I try to play the game, it fails to load any of the cars in the mod. I can select them in main menu and everything, but when I hit "Start" the game only loads the track, not the car and then tosses me back to main menu without any error message. What is the problem?

See a few posts above.

Maybe you have forgotten to also install the driver files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes