Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 197115

Were flames really changed?
What cars, Puriano's still look pretty bad.

Were flames really changed?
What cars, Puriano's still look pretty bad.
I think that they changed the timing of the flame animation and when it happens.

If you talk about the flame resolution. It states that they updated the flame textures in the change log but the time stamp on them is the same as v1.0.

I am running a potato so I don`t think they look that bad but in 4K or VR it probably is more noticeable.

Opinions will always be different some people think the cars drives better and like the changes some don`t - No names mention:p

Apparently giving a crap about the physics isn't important to the so-called hardcore crowd anymore, so whatever.
Is Moby Dick or any other official content suddenly crap for you?
Because the only thing ModDevs did is to bring the DRMs up to par with those. Or do you really think driving a 70s GT race car is more difficult than taming a 50s F1 car? Also why were the DRMs the only ones producing classical rF1 WTF! moments?
All nerfed now...

Last edited:
My passion for this hobby is at a low enough level that I am only driving a couple hours a week as it is, but at least those couple of hours a week were spent in cars that challenged me and that I loved. As they are now I wish I could get my money back.

I’m passionate for this hobby since 1986 starting with REVS. With ups and downs over the years. Some content I loved, some I rejected. I took long time offs but always returned with a smile on my face.
Seems you have one of those phases, and you don’t seem to be the only one these days.
It will all come back eventually I think.:)

Your seat position is just too far back, all you need is readjust as release notes suggest

01.06.2018 CHANGELOG V 1.1

ALL CARS

PHYSICS: more brake power for cold brakes under 150 degree Celsuis
PHYSICS: more tire grip at temperatures less than 60 degree celsius
PHYSICS: new tire called "endurance" with less wear rate and more heating stability.
PHYSICS: the advanced suspension setup to adjust the bump and rebound of the damper is now enabled
PHYSICS: KI improvements and a new ai_tyres.ini for the pit stop
GRAPHICS: backfire with reworked animation and textures
GRAPHICS: wobbling mirror deactived
GRAPHICS: reworked shift and fuel lights
GRAPHICS: driver view camera positon fixed, please check you camera position
GRAPHICS: correct mirror aspect ratio
GRAPHICS: brighter gauge lights
UI: corrected car information and technical data
SOUNDS: tweaked Turbo sounds
SOUNDS: surround sounds enabled
MANUAL: updated the information about new "Endurance" tire and brake temps.
Guy i've been driving ac since "early" early access days and i know how it works. My fov is 42, the other puriano 1h 2 does not have this issue. I know where custom cameras are stored so i went in and deleted them from both of their locations. (documents > assetto corsa > cfg and assetto corsa > cfg) Those two are the only locations where cockpit cams are stored. Out of the box, this car have this issue. Go on, i implore you. First, backup your original cam view files, then delete them from both of their locations, THEN drive puriano 1H. Then come back here.

Oh btw this isn't about wrong cam view. This is about respecting your customers. If you expect even A TINY thing like this to be done by your customers, you're simply being disrespectful

"eh shut the f*** up you prick, it's just a couple of mouse clicks you dumb f***" is probably what're you're thinking but letting harmless mistakes like this pass is what gives us cars with broken suspensions(not this mod, other mods)

Don't let ANY mistake slide, no matter how unimportant.

Just an fyi, i ALWAYS bring my seat closer in any official or mod content. So this is not about how far back seat position is. This is about respecting your customers AND your own work.

edit: @DRM Modding Team @dmatzies @soverlands @Jo Benevelli if you thought mislocated animations folder is worth updating a gigantic 1.3 gb file, i hope you also find my issue to be worth updating that same file.

This arguing about different opinions between users that will not change on either side is just ridiculous. Does not help the modders or other users at all - no offense it is just my opinion.;)

EDIT

I did something i've never done in my entire ownership of assetto corsa and opened up a data.acd file. It turns out DRIVEREYES in car.ini was the culprit. If you copy and paste the values from 1H_2, the problem goes away.

I'd be glad if you could update the 1H_1 @DRM Modding Team

ugh... i feel so dirty for opening up a data.acd file...

Last edited:
It exhibited that the first time I got in the car after the update. I clicked this little button:
ylP9qLE.png

and then adjusted to taste and haven't needed to change anything since. Is it somehow reverting back to the 'inside the driver model head' position every time you load the car?

It exhibited that the first time I got in the car after the update. I clicked this little button:
ylP9qLE.png

and then adjusted to taste and haven't needed to change anything since. Is it somehow reverting back to the 'inside the driver model head' position every time you load the car?
Well, i see you're one of the "let it slide" people (this is by no means to offend you. I know i'm the only prick around this forum to act like this)

This is about users not having to use that AC app. Puriano 1h 2 is exactly the same car but that doesn't exhibit this issue so people don't have to use that app when they first drive 1h 2. So why should they have to when they first drive 1h 1?

Saying "eh, you should know how to use that app anyway, leave the modders alone" is just disrecpectful. edit: i'm not implying you say this but i'm sure there are some people who read my posts and say that in their heads.

In an offline race I just did, there were two leg stumps sticking out of the bottom of a Puriano 935 k2. It seems the driver's legs are sticking through the floor of his car. It looks very painful, although there were no signs of bloodloss as his poor leg stumps scraped along Bathurst's mountainous terrain. :(

About the new tyre, the changelog says:
PHYSICS: new tire called "endurance" with less wear rate and more heating stability.

Does this tyre have more grip or les grip than the default DRM slick tyre?
Any other characteristics worth mentioning?

@Michael Hornbuckle - Well, no one else had mentioned the problem with the flames, so yes, it was worth bringing up. Would you rather 10 people mentioned the same issue, or 10 people mentioned 10 different issues? :rolleyes:
Hi Alfie....I mentioned the inaccuracy of the flame timing pre-release of this mod on the Puriano car.
I also stated the reason why it wouldn't be happening when it is.
I build and tune cars mostly as a hobby now...but for years, it was my daily job.
While I do realize it'll take time to get to issues in the mod, I do hope they'll address it not too far down the road.
As someone who came out of school and spent a great deal of time first fixing Porsche street and then to some extent race cars, I do want to see the brand accurately represented....even though the Kremer cars were somewhat removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play