Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "guidofoc, post: 2726136, membro: 210083"] Questa è una notizia fantastica. Questo pacchetto merita di diventare il migliore! [/ CITAZIONE]
grazie ;), sfortunatamente non c'è stato il tempo di inserire il 4 nel mod, abbiamo anche altre due macchine in lavorazione ... il nostro unico nemico è il tempismo

2 other machines that will be part of the DRM pack? :confused:

Should we "drag" the brakes on stomp on them first and then modulate as Aris was suggesting in this post.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...al-networks-thread.35257/page-192#post-773823

I think it's worth taking a look at what the prevailing wisdom of the period had to say about brake pads and materials available at that time. Here's what Carroll Smith wrote in "Tune to Win", copyright 1978, page 114:
"If you are operating a heavy car(*) with brake temperatures in the 1200 F and above range, then you are going to have to use Raybestos M 19 pads--or Hardie Ferodo 1103. The only problems that these materials cause is that they chew up the discs rather badly--especially the M 19--and they take forever to bed. If they have been well cooled down by a long straight (as in Daytona or Pocono) they will take a certain amount of time to get back up to a temperature where they will start to work--AFTER you put the brakes on. This simply means that you are not going to get much retardation for the first portion of the braking area after a long straight--or into the first corner of the race. Warming the pads with the left foot before you reach the braking area works well and doesn't slow you down worth talking about."
(*) In this timeframe, Carroll's perspective for "heavy" is compared to the Indy cars and Formula Atlantics and Formula 5000 that he was more often associated with, so definitely NASCAR and probably very fast tube-frame endurance cars such as the Porsche 935.

Last edited:
Nice, I think brake pads knockoff also takes part in this. As he mentions that "brake pads are taking forever to bed" Thats one thing racing sims might never have :)

I don't have an app to see brake temps in AC, but thats pretty much how it seems to be in DRM mod.

How do these cars match up for speed? Do they all have the same lap times? Are they evenly balanced?

I think I have read, some time ago, that the cars are not the same speed as each other. Which cars are the fastest? Which cars are matched?

(sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread - I haven't had time to read all of it yet)

I think it's good if people are offering constructive criticism, rather that just attacking. The issues people have with the mod could all be addressed in future patches, and it seems like the team are committed to working on it. There are allot of knowledgeable people here who could offer detailed feedback and suggestions that I am sure would be welcome.

I think the mod is great, and at very least is a super solid base to build on going forwards. So to offer some personal suggestions for future tweaks:

*I understand that you can change settings to improve areas of this mod, but I think a really positive long term goal is to have better dialed in settings out of the box. Im sure many here play a range of mods in A.C so would prefer not to change settings just for a single mod. A good example is some of the audio mixing / levels, often cars sound like they are coming up behind you, when they are at a distance in front and them overpowering your own internal sounds etc..

*The first thing I think I noticed about the mod is the lack of feeling about what the front wheels are doing. I think is is from a combination of the lighter FFB, low front tyre squeal volume and the amount of rotation required to turn. I don't remember DRM 1.0 requiring so much rotation to steer, did all the real DRM cars actually require this amount of rotation?
I think heavier steering, stronger FFB, and possibly less rotation could give a more lively and detailed feeling of what the front wheels are doing. How do others feel?
I am mirroring some of Shigeno's points here:
FFB, I really don't know how much of this is just a result of the physics and so outside of the team's control, but I'm still not feeling any feedback about the transition from front grip to understeer through the wheel. I don't think this is unique to the mod cars and as I said before is maybe related to slick tyres which I'm not as familiar with, but it does give the front end a sort of imprecise feel.

Understeer tyre noise. Tyre audio level is only set to 5, so I could of course just up the setting, but I've used everything "out of the box" with no changes to try and make an informed comparison to other content, and so have left my volume mix at the levels I am used to. With this in mind, the tyre slip noises seem a little quiet. The understeer slip sound is a relatively low pitch and until I really listened for it whilst intentionally over rotating the wheel, I hadn't noticed it at all.

Combining this lack of audio feedback about front end grip with the (to my hands at least) lack of force feedback about front end grip and there's again this feeling of lacking precision, you don't know what the nose is up to, and so it feels wooly.

Another point I have seen brought up in reviews, is that since the original R-Factor 1 mod, there are Group 5 packs offered in other sims like PC2 and R3E that offer a greater range of cars, like Japanese Silhouette racers and American IMSA muscle cars. This is more just a wishlist item for me as the team only ever announced the original European Gr.5, and they are focused on this content moving forwards, but down the road, if they ever did an add-on pack, I would love to see something like the Greenwood Corvette to add in a naturally aspirated car for variety with the turbos.

Got severe stuttering with more than 10-15 cars at a raceday with DRM mod only. Not that it's showing fps drops but it's like hickups every 3-4 seconds.
Playing with Rift, specs are W7/64-i7/3770k-R9/390-16gb @ stock clock
Anyone else encounter such or got an idea to cure or will mod improve in that way?

• Deleted member 6919

Anyone struggling to get heat in the tires? Just don't seem to get hot.

I have bought the mod yesterday after i watch some videos at YouTube of the mod and the real car.
And found this:

When i take a look to the brake points at road america, very similar to the drm reviaval mod.
And i think the guy in the video drive with the actually sinter metal brake pads.
My lap times with the drm are a half second faster as the guy in the video, but i don't know is the track really the same in AC.

• Deleted member 197115

I must admit, I experienced my one and only acs.exe crash-to-desktop using a field of 24 DRM cars. Never had one before but it may have been a coincidence :unsure:
Hmm, same happened to me a few times.

How do these cars match up for speed? Do they all have the same lap times? Are they evenly balanced?

I think I have read, some time ago, that the cars are not the same speed as each other. Which cars are the fastest? Which cars are matched?

(sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread - I haven't had time to read all of it yet)
@Fabian Biehne , I bet you've got an idea on this question. I know you like offline racing :)

As much as I have driven, many cars seems to be very similar pace, some might be a little quicker, some might be easier to pursuit the limits, some might benefit more in one track others in another track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes