Physics drivetrain elasticity in physics ?

Good morning all.

I'm working on engine sounds, and there is something missing in AC, in my opinion, is transmission elasticity or drivetrain elasticity. It is present in other games like iRacing or raceroom, and adds a lot of realism and charm to the sound produced by a car.
That is to say, the tremor, or jolts, or oscillations produced by a more or less violent jerk on the gearbox.
1621590138591.png

One of the solutions is to add it to the sound by speed change samples, as some do (very well).
My method of rendering the sound does not allow me to do it correctly.
Also, I like it when you take the problem at the source, and it could add a degree of realism to the driving experience.

So I would like to know if anyone has an idea to add this elasticity to the physics of the car ...
I have a presentiment that this is not possible, but I would be delighted to hear the opposite ...

Thanks

Listen to my 996 Turbo, I added wobble to the main gearbox whine channel by using the Tremolo-filter, controlled through throttle input. Very light throttle input causes wobble, as it does in real life with all the masses oscillating, especially on Porsches it seems. And on every gearchange when you step of the gas for a moment it would ofc trigger too, just a little. I thought I sounded rather convincing when i did it years ago.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back