Driver swapping

Something that I still don't understand why it takes the sim racing industry so long to implement this.
Flight sims had this ten years ago already.

Maybe because most of the sim drivers in forums cares more about car physics and graphics and forgets to talk, praise, and ask for the small simulation details ...

I think in this aspect SimBin had donne a great work doing the on path/off path wet track, real pit stops where the ignition turns off before refuelling, turn on/off wipers, changing weather, headlights ... even the old LFS have some good features like the blinkers, horns ... they will be all excelent additions and in all they will make us feel a bit more like real drivers:)

There are a lot of stuff a developer will have to do to make a sim becames a true sim ... maybe not unuff resources, time, and money?

Something that I still don't understand why it takes the sim racing industry so long to implement this.
Flight sims had this ten years ago already.

Absolutely amazing feature that I'd applaud Kunos for if they put in their game.

I have to admit while I totally understand why it is a great feature for flight sims, I think the benefit for simracing is less appealing. Not only seasons can be a problem with winter but also time. If you live in the "correct" time zones most of the time people race after work or school, so at night. I have a feeling such a feature would be deactivated most of the time unless you are in the perfect situation.

I'm not against it, I agree it could be a nice feature under the right condition :) , I just see several reasons why Devs could put this idea aside.
Maybe a more random system base on possible race condition could be a solution?

Can't remember where I found this, but pretty interesting and explains why flight simulations were earlier in a more realsistic state than racing sims:
http://channel9.msdn.com/blogs/char...ysics-in-games-real-time-simulation-explained

(Havent watched it myself yet till the end... still on my list, saw about 50%)

Great video! After watching this i just can say thanks to all developers who are trying to implement car physics laws on sims ... it's crazy how many aspects are involved!

My assumption is not that they'll fail. My assumption is that they're not capable as of yet to run AC with 60 cars. But my assumption was based on what someone said in this thread and I can't find anything to support it. So who knows how many people will be able to race online at the same time. Sorry.

AC will probably have good netcode. If they fail it will be for two reasons:

1) flawed design
2) Few resources (people, money and time).

NetKar netcode is bad because of that. But there´s nothing in the technichal side that prevents a programmer from doing it right. The technology is there, the know how is there, its a common thing nowadays, lots of applications use this kind of thing, you just need the resources.

I think it is on their long "to do" list; might be added later because Kunoz seems to be concerned with polishing the "basic" content first. But who knows if weather conditions is on the basic list of Assetto Corsa. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.