Drive automatic car using H-pattern such as Porsche with PDK

I recently got a TH8A shifter and thanks to a thread I posted here I now know that to use correctly in AC I tick the "use separate shifter" option and when a car is selected the correct shifting option is applied based on the model simulated.

I'd been wondering that since many modern Porsche can be ordered to include manual transmission (instead of the automatic PDK option which I guess is what most models ship with) is it possible to drive a modern Porsche e.g. 991 Carrera S or 911 GT3 RS in AC using H-pattern?

If I understand things correctly a Porsche with PDK doesn't also include sequential shifters and indeed in AC selecting the "sequential" tag from the Porsche selection only shows the race spec models. However I assume when driving the 911 GT3 RS in AC the shift method is sequential, not sure as I don't think I've tried that model. I guess realistically it should be driven as an automatic where you don't shift at all?

The 911R in AC includes a manual transmission so I guess the H-pattern is used. My apologies if the above appears obvious to many, I'm just trying to get an understanding of what is correct and/or possible when manual and sequential shifting methods are available when driving in AC :)

Last edited:
When you use a sepereate H-pattern shifter AC locks you into the correct option autmatically, EG the paddles don't work for H-pattern cars and vice versa. There is no way to switch between sequential an manual for a given car in AC, eg the Porsche 911 R is H-Pattern only, as the Porsche GT3 RS is sequential only. You can switch between manual and automatic shifting in game with Strg+A, but AC doesn't simulate an automatic gearbox realistically. Hope this helps.

Edit: I don't know how consistent the tags in AC really are tbh.

When you use a sepereate H-pattern shifter AC locks you into the correct option autmatically, EG the paddles don't work for H-pattern cars and vice versa. There is no way to switch between sequential an manual for a given car in AC, eg the Porsche 911 R is H-Pattern only, as the Porsche GT3 RS is sequential only. You can switch between manual and automatic shifting in game with Strg+A, but AC doesn't simulate an automatic gearbox realistically. Hope this helps.

Edit: I don't know how consistent the tags in AC really are tbh.
Many thanks! It's as I's assumed then, the transmission option for any car is as it's presented in the car details such as 911 GT3 RS with PDK. Side note I believe the PDK shift up/down on the actual car is reversed making it more suited to racing.

And good point, I'd assumed for example use of the PDK wouldn't be properly simulated when using auto shifting in-game so manual use of the paddles (or TH8A in sequential mode perhaps if supported) is required.

Many thanks! It's as I's assumed then, the transmission option for any car is as it's presented in the car details

Not entirely, just depends on how you have your controller profiles setup. I drive h-gate cars with the sequential mode of the TH8 all the time, or even with paddles sometimes if I need to be fast. However, I don't think it's possible to use h-gate on cars that have paddles IRL but you can try it, just create a controller profile that has the h-gate mapped but not the paddles/sequential so the game thinks your only shifting options are the h-gate.

I drive h-gate cars with the sequential mode of the TH8 all the time, or even with paddles sometimes if I need to be fast.
200.webp

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back