Drag Strip issues???

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
So do you think that AC Drag Strip missing some important Drag Racing options, following information might be the reason but i'm not so sure yet :)

Do not take this too serious, I just wanna let you know this issue because I found that so many sim includes totally the same tracks even if they say that all made using Laser scanning etc stuff. Check Mugello, all versions are totally with the same layout, so many other tracks also.

So, few words about Asetto Corsa, I found a very interesting issue with their Drag Strip as it looks so similar with my 2007 scratch build version, their version is much more detailed but don't let it fool you!

All Similar things I found in one look:

1. similar stadion lights (my idea)
2. similar long track (my idea, I had 1000 m and 4000 m versions just for testing top speed)
3. similar starting lights (not like a real Drag Racing lights but just like lights in my version, pre-stage and stage lights missing http://www.humboldtcountydragway.com/wp/racing-101/)
4. totally similar starting / race system - cars are located at the starting line waiting for the lights to change just like in my version (a very important burn out option missing).

If I can see the track layout from their files (already asked to send files to me) I probally can show you what new ideas I found for modding 2007 when I scratch built my version ;)

Note that AC Drag Strip version includes so many different Drag Strip elements than the real Drag Strip and all those differencies found from my 2007 version so their version is copied from my track no doubt.

A real Drag Strip include burn out area so where's the burn out option from AC version? A real Drag Strip includes also different starting lights and their version includes just the same kind of lights than my version, stage lights totally missing.

So how well they know Drag Racing as they don't know that their version is not even close to real Drag Strip. My version created for GTR2 and burn out missing because the GTR2 sim not support Drag Racing so well and I was forced to create something new...like track layout, it's totally different than anything before I just tested and found the way...rest is history.

This issue is so sad as all us can remember issues with Targa Florio Simbin, NeelJ and TheSky copied my version and my unique solution to make track work in Simbin sims, before my version everybody said that it's impossible as all other modders where tried before me but not solved it, but I did.

No hard feelings, just wanna let you know this, AC is great sim and need skills to drive it fast, I like it very much, it's as difficult as needed to separate Pros from Amateurs...

So atm I'm waiting for Kunos explanation about this issue, they already told me that they never ever heard about my Drag Strip version until today, also they didn't said a single word about other tracks they have, did they really scratch build everything or did they buy all those from other sim houses or track builders that's the question.

Big words, big words but no panic this is just my opinion.

Videos ( I know it does not look exactly the same track but see the solutions mentioned earlier this message, there's all the same solutions and that's not a coinsident no way.

See this video about my original track (poor details I know but see how the race mode working, it's totally similar than AC and my version done 8 years ago 2007 so AC is copy of my track):

AC official version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_7M4mEy_HQ

Cheers!
Keni1

But you are so angry I just asked to see Drag Strip track files as i'm just so more and more curious after the long long Kunos silence, they never said that they can't show files but you guys here said that, that's the point.

And notice that you do not have to prove me how talented those guys are, I have AC and I can say that it is the most interested sim since the Grand Prix Legends 1998. There is so much you can do with setups and cars are just enough difficult to drive, they did very good job. This Drag Strip it is so funny because it's so poor and that's why it looks copied, i'm not trying to say that it was any kind of really hard work to do it but I did it! And this is not the case who own what or not, I'm just interested. That track I did was so simple that I would be grazy if I ever ask some money about it, not ever so do not be afraid :)

So forget what I ever said, but I will still waiting for their second answer, until that I will check those files way or another...I'm so close already...

Why weren't you able to make a proper drag strip like in real life, in gtr2 game?
That's because GTR2 game engine not support Drag Racing, so we can use only available features and that solution I did was the only possible solution. It seems that Kunos have that same issue. But when my version was just a private modder's hobby they sell that game included Drag Racing mode, that's a little bit lie because so much Drag Racing options missing. For me AC includes only Drag Strip but not Drag Racing mode. Hopelly they can solve that issue but its not easy to do if game engine support for Drag Racing mode missing...

Do not take this too serious, I just wanna let you know this issue because I found that so many sim includes totally the same tracks even if they say that all made using Laser scanning etc stuff. Check Mugello, all versions are totally with the same layout, so many other tracks also

What?!?! If you laser scan a track or even do it from pictures and gps data, then the result is exactly the same no matter who's gonna do it. There is only one real world Mugello or any other track, so if developers want to do it as much real as they can then the end result is pretty much the same

That's because GTR2 game engine not support Drag Racing, so we can use only available features and that solution I did was the only possible solution. It seems that Kunos have that same issue. But when my version was just a private modder's hobby they sell that game included Drag Racing mode, that's a little bit lie because so much Drag Racing options missing. For me AC includes only Drag Strip but not Drag Racing mode. Hopelly they can solve that issue but its not easy to do if game engine support for Drag Racing mode missing...
Exactly, AC engine also doesn't seem to support the traditional drag racing mode. But what we have in the game serves the purpose, put two cars side to side to see who gets there first. Is true that we don't have the full drag racing experience currently. Would be interesting to have this mode available online too.
And then we also have drift mode which can be used with any track or the special drift track kunos made for drifting. Which adds a time counter, level and points based on your drifiting. This mode only works with one car on the track, so only in single player, though you can use the drift track online, only that is free roam. Would also be interesting to have drift mode online for any track showing the points/level of the other drivers, since there's some mountain pass mod tracks which some use for drifting in multiplayer.

I like where this is going. How can 2 laserscanned Mugellos differ? They both are detailed, both use the same textues as they just try to replicate the real track. As said many times already: A dragstrip is a dragstrip and will look like any other dragstrip.
Also the race mode on a dragstrip is exactly the same as in any other game. Lights go out, sprint to the finish, done. Nothing more, nothing less. If it was up to me I'd say you stole it from the rulebook about dragracing on dragstrips. :p

facepalm-photo.jpg

LOL you guys are funny, do you think that I believe thtat
That's Fernando Alonso, see the avatar bro. Not Kunos staff.
I know that guy but the message is still there so it's official information LOL

Hey you guys wanna beat me but I don't think so, remember Targa Florio LOL

Kunos keep up good work, please create full support for Drag Racing please...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back