DiRT Rally 2.0 DR2.0 Menu not centered with OpenComposite (OpenXR)

I have this menu centering issue only with OpenComposite where the game is centered properly (inside the car), but the menu is completely off-center. Doesn't happen in OpenVR. Using the Vive Pro 2.

Recentering doesn't affect the menu position at all, if I recenter sitting forward, the menu will be to my left, if I turn around 180 and recenter then it will be to my right, so exact same position, not relative to my centered position/rotation.

This is as good as I can capture it:
This is after centering, the fpsVR overlay is under the steering wheel perfectly centered (the game is blurry because the menu is opened).

I'm having a similar (perhaps the same) issue with ACC, there the menu must be in another galaxy because I can't even find it moving and looking around in my room. Again, only with OpenXR, works as expected with OpenVR. In AC, the menu position is fine with OpenXR also.

Last edited:
I have this menu centering issue only with OpenComposite where the game is centered properly (inside the car), but the menu is completely off-center. Doesn't happen in OpenVR. Using the Vive Pro 2.

Recentering doesn't affect the menu position at all, if I recenter sitting forward, the menu will be to my left, if I turn around 180 and recenter then it will be to my right, so exact same position, not relative to my centered position/rotation.

This is as good as I can capture it:
This is after centering, the fpsVR overlay is under the steering wheel perfectly centered (the game is blurry because the menu is opened).

I'm having a similar (perhaps the same) issue with ACC, there the menu must be in another galaxy because I can't even find it moving and looking around in my room. Again, only with OpenXR, works as expected with OpenVR. In AC, the menu position is fine with OpenXR also.
Hi mate, sorry I won't be able to give you the solution but did you have this issue before or it started just recently? and where you able to fix it?

I just started having this problem just a few days ago, I have no idea if I did something or what, it started just after I was playing around with OpenVR motion compensation, but I have now reinstall windows and everything and I still have the issue with the menu, recentering SteamVR does nothing (it's already centered) and the in-game button to reset the view just moves it all over the place but never in front. Also just like you the cockpit view is fine.

Just starting to think that might be a SteamVR update causing the issue, but your post seems to be before the latest update in July.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.