Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the DIY and Hardware set-up of my simple Bass shaker rig upgrade last night.

that is the way it looks like on my PLAYSEAT with just 2 pucks under the seat screwed on an oak plate.
I added some damping stuff in between the seat just for more comfort
The amp is the LEPY 168S and I have set Overall Volume and Bass to say 80% and Treble to 0%
DSC_0313.JPG DSC_0315.JPG DSC_0314.JPG

In Simhub, my settings looks like that if that makes sense at all?(I am adjusting the strength while in Game, its not always at 100%)Gear change is also set to ON

upload_2019-3-24_12-41-24.png

I have set Audio output like that. my TV via HDMI plus Motherboard Audio output to the Lepy amp
upload_2019-3-24_12-43-9.png

The effects that are set in SIMHUB are really well present, the DAYTONAUDIO pucks are really powerful for such small size and the spatialization, while could be better, can be felt as well so so far so good for less than 100USD invest, I am already happy with the added immersion

I have mainly tested PCARS2 this morning so I will need to move to AC/ACC later today if time permits

What I am struggling with is balancing the Game Audio output between the TV and the amp with VOICEMEETER so this is where I am seeking advice.

Both the TV and the Pucks output Game Audio with the way I have set things.

To get the pucks vibration effect kicking in,I need to raise the virtual input as well as the Hardware OUT A but then the pucks dont only output bass but the entire Game Audio and I need to raise the TV sound from the remote quite high if I want to get the TV speaker to take over the pucks

Its OK in daytime but no way I run like this at night, which is my only main simracing time these days with demanding job and family care.

Anything I am doing wrong and any advice at how to maybe better set the whole Audio/Simhub chain to overcome this issue?

thanks so much!

Olivier

Just some of my own views, others may differ....

Adding in the audio-tactile can bring additional issues to overcome. I think its one reason some avoid it. Another is that having full range audio and telemetry tactile going to the same units is giving them lots to work with. My own approach is to incorporate both as I believe if done well this can bring the best immersion but use additional tactile units to then split certain effects and roles for the units to handle. Yet it's not necessarily a good thing to jump into complicating what you do as you are beginning learning.

You don't want to overwhelm a tactile unit as it will become more muddy. Another approach is to use some units with audio-tactile role only and some with telemetry tactile (Shakeit) role only. Experimentation is needed and is key to discovering what your preferences are.

Audio-Tactile / Difficulties
Really what you want is EQ and Crossover control especially for the audio being used for tactile. Yet to do that properly, we then need to have individual control of audio for tactile and audio for speakers/headphones. How we do this is when things get more complicated as some may add specific hardware to do it but others may seek cheap solutions or use PC software to control the EQ & Crossover of a specific soundcard. Somone may need soundcard for audio/listening, a second one for audio tactile (its own eq and crossover) and then a 3rd for telemetry tactile (Shakeit)

For audio-tactile we can greatly restrict the crossover. I am currently comparing Dayton Puc to other small tactile at the moment on my seat but using a 30Hz-200Hz range with a very steep 48db slope. This still creates some audible sound but works rather well. I then use a multichannel hardware mixer unit that lets me mix sources to determine what goes to the tactile.

I am looking into software solutions and have found some options that need time to evaluate and test with. The difficulty with these is they can be quite technical so people then need to learn more about frequencies and how to use the software.

Your Amp
Your amps BASS control, what Hz does it operate with? I'd expect it to boost below 80hz but this is more crude than using say EQ to more accurately boost specific Hz and even reduce some others. It may be best to not use this and use the soundcard or other 3rd party software EQ to give you more control. Its possible with some basic EQ to turn all the way down frequencies above 250Hz. This will act in a way like a crossover and certainly will reduce the audio-tactile. However this is no good if you use a single card for listening and audio-tactile as then it affects what you hear also.

I dont know if @Wotever bothers with mixing audio-tactile with his own telemetry based effects. To start with it may be best just to use Shakeit and play around with settings without mixing audio-tactile. Voicemeter is not an ideal solution either.

Last edited:
I am interested in that part indeed and at finding out which frequency threshold and curve type will reduce audio coming out from the pucs

For audio-tactile we can greatly restrict the crossover. I am currently comparing Dayton Puc to other small tactile at the moment on my seat but using a 30Hz-200Hz range with a very steep 48db slope. This still creates some audible sound but works rather well. I then use a multichannel hardware mixer unit that lets me mix sources to determine what goes to the tactile.

I am looking into software solutions and have found some options that need time to evaluate and test with. The difficulty with these is they can be quite technical so people then need to learn more about frequencies and how to use the software.

I will do more testing with my amp this week. that is the way the front panel looks like in regards to gain/frequency control..
upload_2019-3-24_21-7-27.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 01.42.21.png I am having trouble getting my iphone to work on Dirt 2.0. I have managed to get it working on the pc but it goes all jumpy on the phone. (im new to all this, so it's probably my fault) but any help is very appreciated... I am struggling to put photos or videos on here..
The phone is giving false readings and jumping from gears.. All in all it's very jumpy..

Thanks

View attachment 298266 I am having trouble getting my iphone to work on Dirt 2.0. I have managed to get it working on the pc but it goes all jumpy on the phone. (im new to all this, so it's probably my fault) but any help is very appreciated... I am struggling to put photos or videos on here..
The phone is giving false readings and jumping from gears.. All in all it's very jumpy..

Thanks
Hi !
You can find a troubleshooting guide here: https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...ess#dash-is-lagging-or-randomly-disconnecting
In short it could come from :
- A bad wifi network : try to yell at anyone stealing the bandwidth :D (torrents, downloads ...) and reboot the router
- A firewall messing up, even when open, some firewalls may alter the connection quality
- A bad browser : I don't know which browser your are using here, make sure to use safari on IOS

Hope that helps ;)

I am interested in that part indeed and at finding out which frequency threshold and curve type will reduce audio coming out from the pucs

I will do more testing with my amp this week. that is the way the front panel looks like in regards to gain/frequency control..
View attachment 298158

Its prob best to keep this thread only for Simhub issues/topics and not going into details of tactile configurations. Create a new thread or discuss it in the tactile general thread.

I am on a LAN with no one on my network.. I use windows explorer on PC and Safari on IOS. It works on PC2, ACC but gives false signals on DIRT 2.0.. I'll have a look at the troubleshooting..
Thanks

Last edited:
....from yesterday after the 1.2.1 update of Dirt Rally 2.0 I have terrible stuttering in the game when I use Simhub for my bass shakers....the strange thing is that the problem exists only in the new event (Monte Carlo) that have been added together with the update and not with the older events....it seems that there is a problem with the telemetry data..

....from yesterday after the 1.2.1 update of Dirt Rally 2.0 I have terrible stuttering in the game when I use Simhub for my bass shakers....the strange thing is that the problem exists only in the new event (Monte Carlo) that have been added together with the update and not with the older events....it seems that there is a problem with the telemetry data..
Interresting, I will take a look, it feeld like some crappy or inconsistent data coming making simhub think game is connecting/disconnecting, if it happens really fast it could make simhub consume way too much cpu and create stutters, I will check when I will be back home ;)

Hi all, I'm very new here so apologies if I don't follow the right etiquette. Firstly thanks to author of this great software. I'm on the latest version and the software is connecting to rfactor 2 and working with the shakeit part of the software but session lap times are no longer being recorded in the simhub software. I have copied the latest dll file to the plugins folder of the rfactor bin64 folder and session times used to work on a previous version. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with rfactor 2 and this latest version or can anyone suggest some things to try? Ps. I am also using the latest crewchief software at the same time which is working fine.
Cheers

Hi guys, brand new to simhub and I'm stuck with something simple - I built a 15 LED RGB shift light and an 8-digit 7 segment LCD with a Nano v3 and it's working great, however I didn't add any buttons. This would be ok, except I can't figure out how to trigger the Next Screen/Previous Screen functions from just a keyboard - I can trigger them with my controller or wheel, but those buttons are all used for other things. A little push in the right direction would be very helpful! Thanks

Hi all, I'm very new here so apologies if I don't follow the right etiquette. Firstly thanks to author of this great software. I'm on the latest version and the software is connecting to rfactor 2 and working with the shakeit part of the software but session lap times are no longer being recorded in the simhub software. I have copied the latest dll file to the plugins folder of the rfactor bin64 folder and session times used to work on a previous version. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with rfactor 2 and this latest version or can anyone suggest some things to try? Ps. I am also using the latest crewchief software at the same time which is working fine.
Cheers
Hi ! I will take a look when I will get back home, new valid detection is indeed a bit sensitive. could you tell me which car/track you were using and if you were online/offline ?

Hi guys, brand new to simhub and I'm stuck with something simple - I built a 15 LED RGB shift light and an 8-digit 7 segment LCD with a Nano v3 and it's working great, however I didn't add any buttons. This would be ok, except I can't figure out how to trigger the Next Screen/Previous Screen functions from just a keyboard - I can trigger them with my controller or wheel, but those buttons are all used for other things. A little push in the right direction would be very helpful! Thanks

Hi ! it's possible do enable the keyboard plugin inside simhub settings, keyboard plugin is disabled by default as it makes some antiviruses a little grumpy :D
upload_2019-3-26_15-17-30.png

Hi ! it's possible do enable the keyboard plugin inside simhub settings, keyboard plugin is disabled by default as it makes some antiviruses a little grumpy :D
Thanks, that does work except it doesn't seem to recognize modifier keys (ctrl, alt and so on)? Also thanks for the super-quick response, I didn't expect that! Amazing piece of software and glad I donated.

Thanks, that does work except it doesn't seem to recognize modifier keys (ctrl, alt and so on)? Also thanks for the super-quick response, I didn't expect that! Amazing piece of software and glad I donated.
Thnaks again for your donation ;)
Indeed controllers keys are not supported, the input model used inside simhub does not supports input combinations, I have on my "roadmap" to allow that but it requires a good rethink of that part.

Thnaks again for your donation ;)
Indeed controllers keys are not supported, the input model used inside simhub does not supports input combinations, I have on my "roadmap" to allow that but it requires a good rethink of that part.
that's ok, I can work around it - one last question, does Simhub have any way to control it from another source? For example I know it has the web server and can serve up dashboards to remote screens but can SimHub itself take inputs like REST requests or something else? I have an Elgato Stream Deck and I've been writing plugins for it, and I'm wondering if there might be a way to connect the 2 directly so Stream Deck could send a "Next LCD Page" command?

that's ok, I can work around it - one last question, does Simhub have any way to control it from another source? For example I know it has the web server and can serve up dashboards to remote screens but can SimHub itself take inputs like REST requests or something else? I have an Elgato Stream Deck and I've been writing plugins for it, and I'm wondering if there might be a way to connect the 2 directly so Stream Deck could send a "Next LCD Page" command?
It's not possible yet, but it would not be really difficult, there are already a few hidden "endpoints" to get normalized game data, properties ... I will look for it ;)

Hi ! I took a look, think there is an optimisation issue on the stage, depending of the time and weather settings, the stage is hitting a good 100% GPU usage on my 1080 while other time of day or weathers does not do this (probably due to lightnings)
upload_2019-3-26_20-18-34.png

I'm running the dash on another GPU so it keeps alive, but indeed the graphics card can't hold that situation.

I will do some further tests, but if the GPU is full it will create stutters on dash and in the game, and closing simhub will obviously release a little stress on the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%