Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wotever with the new updates you can not see the code that you will upload to the arduino? before it could be opened in the arduino application
Hi ! It's still possible,
upload_2019-3-21_19-46-8.png

however the sketch is cut in many smaller files (for developer mental sanity :D)

upload_2019-3-21_19-48-4.png

Hi ! It's still possible,
View attachment 297567

however the sketch is cut in many smaller files (for developer mental sanity :D)

View attachment 297568

lol thought that if he only activated the LEDs there would only be that code hahaha

I will try to isolate the code from the leds of the nextion sketch and make them work without nextion next to my buttons, nextion + perfect buttons, leds + buttons I hope I can do it, using simhub to map buttons and encoder does not work well, the encoders do not go should and the buttons have a very strange lag, I do not know what happens

Hi @Wotever, I'm trying to set up my Nextion 4.3 with Simhub and I'm having problems. To start with I was getting a "forced interrupt" message when trying to upload a dash to the Nextion (connected via a USB TTL UART device). I found a suggestion on this thread to copy the template to a micro SD and upload that way, which I did.

I can now see the dash on the Nextion, but despite enabling the Nextion in Simhub it doesn't seem to be receiving any signal from any sim - nothing happens on the screen.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong please? It's as if it's just not linked to Simhub at all (although Simhub does seem to see that it is connected on com 3, as it is showing the FPS fluctuating around 50fps.

Thanks!

Hi @Wotever, I'm trying to set up my Nextion 4.3 with Simhub and I'm having problems. To start with I was getting a "forced interrupt" message when trying to upload a dash to the Nextion (connected via a USB TTL UART device). I found a suggestion on this thread to copy the template to a micro SD and upload that way, which I did.

I can now see the dash on the Nextion, but despite enabling the Nextion in Simhub it doesn't seem to be receiving any signal from any sim - nothing happens on the screen.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong please? It's as if it's just not linked to Simhub at all (although Simhub does seem to see that it is connected on com 3, as it is showing the FPS fluctuating around 50fps.

Thanks!
Hi ! The FPS indicator is a bit tricky as it counts how many data frames it sends, it doesn't necessarily mean the screen is receiving it. When the upload won't work it's often a clue for something not correct.
Usually it can be

- simhub is open : the serial port will be busy for upload.

- wiring not ok : see my warnings here about tx and Rx wiring : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display#nextion-wiring

- drivers not installed : quite a common issue, adapter drivers are not installed and you are simply seeing the motherboard serial port , or some other hardware exposing a serial port. It won't work obviously (motherboard is usually com1,even if you don't have any physical serial port available on the motherboard), you can check it by unplugging / plugging back the adaptor and check in the device manager if it actually appears/disappears. And if it doesn't show up, make sure to install drivers

- windows messing up with drivers, a simple computer reboot often helps, and at worse deleting the serial port in device manager and let windows reinstall it will help in the most stubborn cases

If you get upload working you will need to make sure you got the template properly configured, you have two types requiring a slightly different process (initial templates or hmijmap) : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki#nextion-support

@Wotever Is it possible to truncate text of the name of the game if it contain "Codemasters"?
All 8 segments displays are able to show only "Codemast" for all of their games
With truncated text could be a better solution to show the nem of the game, for examlple "Dirt 4", "Dirt Ral" instead of just "Codemast".

Another question is about the stage time display after a stage has finished in Dirt Rally 2.0. Could you make it available for a longer time? We have to catch the marshall at the end of the stage and when the cars has been stopped, we can see already just a flashing text, instead of our time ... so we always miss the information. Some delay (3-4 sec) would be enough IMO

Thanks!

Hi ! The FPS indicator is a bit tricky as it counts how many data frames it sends, it doesn't necessarily mean the screen is receiving it. When the upload won't work it's often a clue for something not correct.
Usually it can be

- simhub is open : the serial port will be busy for upload.

- wiring not ok : see my warnings here about tx and Rx wiring : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display#nextion-wiring

- drivers not installed : quite a common issue, adapter drivers are not installed and you are simply seeing the motherboard serial port , or some other hardware exposing a serial port. It won't work obviously (motherboard is usually com1,even if you don't have any physical serial port available on the motherboard), you can check it by unplugging / plugging back the adaptor and check in the device manager if it actually appears/disappears. And if it doesn't show up, make sure to install drivers

- windows messing up with drivers, a simple computer reboot often helps, and at worse deleting the serial port in device manager and let windows reinstall it will help in the most stubborn cases

If you get upload working you will need to make sure you got the template properly configured, you have two types requiring a slightly different process (initial templates or hmijmap) : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki#nextion-support

Most helpful person in the universe!

Thanks man, I suspect it's drivers. I'll give it a go.

@Wotever OK so drivers appear to be installed as the device appears/disappears when connecting/disconnecting. Checking the template files, I just have the following:

DASH_4.3.HMI
DASH_4.3.hmijmap
DASH_4.3.hmistruct

I don't have a .ini file. Could that be it? And any ideas why I don't have one?!

Thanks man.

Sorry, just re-read the info on the two different processes. Think I'm going to admit defeat and try starting again before wasting any more of your time! Thanks for the help so far, much appreciated.

@Wotever - I just uploaded a standard template from scratch (the 911 GT3 one) and still no joy.

Am I right in thinking that as I'm having to upload the files via a micro SD that I have to use the .tft file created by clicking "compile"? That's the only way I've been able to get the Nextion to see the files and upload them.

If I instead copy the .HMI, .hmijmap and .hmijstruct files to the micro SD card and switch on the Nextion I just get a message saying something like "cannot find files".

Is it that I just need to copy one of the files above over instead of all 3?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong, and I don't seem to be able to upload directly over USB as I get the "forced interrupt" message every time (I've checked the wiring and made sure the TX and RX wires are reversed as suggested).

@Wotever Is it possible to truncate text of the name of the game if it contain "Codemasters"?
All 8 segments displays are able to show only "Codemast" for all of their games
With truncated text could be a better solution to show the nem of the game, for examlple "Dirt 4", "Dirt Ral" instead of just "Codemast".

Another question is about the stage time display after a stage has finished in Dirt Rally 2.0. Could you make it available for a longer time? We have to catch the marshall at the end of the stage and when the cars has been stopped, we can see already just a flashing text, instead of our time ... so we always miss the information. Some delay (3-4 sec) would be enough IMO

Thanks!
For the game name you can use a simple replace in formula mode : replace([DataCorePlugin.CurrentGame],'Codemasters','') it will remove "codemasters" from the name.

For the time i will check, it's a bit tricky as there is no difference between the end of stage and "stopping the game" (it simply stops sending data)

@Wotever - I just uploaded a standard template from scratch (the 911 GT3 one) and still no joy.

Am I right in thinking that as I'm having to upload the files via a micro SD that I have to use the .tft file created by clicking "compile"? That's the only way I've been able to get the Nextion to see the files and upload them.

If I instead copy the .HMI, .hmijmap and .hmijstruct files to the micro SD card and switch on the Nextion I just get a message saying something like "cannot find files".

Is it that I just need to copy one of the files above over instead of all 3?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong, and I don't seem to be able to upload directly over USB as I get the "forced interrupt" message every time (I've checked the wiring and made sure the TX and RX wires are reversed as suggested).

Hi ! Considering your struggle I would start to blame the TTL or screen as non working correctly. Really I've not heard about this case (not being able to upload with a working TTL) for a very long time) and I think it was related to older nextion editor versions being buggy. So I would focus on solving that before.

A thing is tickling me, you said you reversed the RX/TX so it means your wiring was actually wrong, when you tried to upload again after having swapping it, have you made sure simhub was closed before trying ? lot of people forget it, and forget it again and ask me why they have this error message. Would be worth trying the process again quietly.

Let's answer the other questions still ;)
- About the sd card you have to copy on it the tft file (found when using "open build folder" menu), all the other files are used on the computer only,

- Concerning simhub configuration when using the default 4.3 template the settings must look like this :
Described in the 'hmijmap' process :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-an-'editor'-template
upload_2019-3-23_8-3-28.png

Using the 911 G3 with ini file from the butonz pack it must be configured like that :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-a-legacy-template
upload_2019-3-23_8-7-59.png

Where to buy Chinese motomonster that are reliable? are the worst bridge-h there is, it is almost impossible to find one that works, the ibt-2 are cheap and does not fail, I bought many and control large engines, even 1000w with 3 in parallel, add the ibt-2 to simhub would be a success

Where to buy Chinese motomonster that are reliable? are the worst bridge-h there is, it is almost impossible to find one that works, the ibt-2 are cheap and does not fail, I bought many and control large engines, even 1000w with 3 in parallel, add the ibt-2 to simhub would be a success
About monster moto, it's a bit random, the one I bought from china is till going with no troubles, make sure to read the product reviews that's a good clue.
Concerning ibt-2 I think it should be compatible with L298N entry in the sketch setup, it's worth a test ;)

About monster moto, it's a bit random, the one I bought from china is till going with no troubles, make sure to read the product reviews that's a good clue.
Concerning ibt-2 I think it should be compatible with L298N entry in the sketch setup, it's worth a test ;)

I will try, ibt-2 work differently than the motomonster, I use smc3 for my motion and they work differently, but they are very good bridges, with a cpu cooler I make them work to the maximum and none have been burned

There is a difference of using the LEDs with the promicro and the nextion to use the LEDs in a nano and the nextion in the pro micro with the buttons, I do not fit everything in a pro micro and I have to use two arduinos, which is the best option?

Hi Wotever .... I can ask you a little help. I'm trying to apply an Fx for Raceroom ...
I would like to light a red led when I have a low fuel level. I did a lot of tests, but I can't get it to work.
In the game the low fuel level indicator lights up when the level is 20 liters.
Even if I change the Ncalc formula I can't solve .... How can I do?
Thanks for everything!
fyel5f.jpg
6y2ys4.jpg

Hi Wotever .... I can ask you a little help. I'm trying to apply an Fx for Raceroom ...
I would like to light a red led when I have a low fuel level. I did a lot of tests, but I can't get it to work.
In the game the low fuel level indicator lights up when the level is 20 liters.
Even if I change the Ncalc formula I can't solve .... How can I do?
Thanks for everything!
fyel5f.jpg
6y2ys4.jpg
Hi ! You can find some examples here :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...ed-when-fuel-remaining-laps-is-under-two-laps

Your formula looks correct but the mapping is wrong, you must set these two values otherwise it will stay on :
upload_2019-3-23_23-37-9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Trophies