Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, does anyone have the rotary encoders working in assetto Corsa Competizione? I have made keyboard emulation in sim hub for the shift and T and ctrl and T but it does not seem to work. I was also looking for the brake bias forward and backward keyboard shortcuts to map to the other encoder

After AMS got updated, TotalLaps is always reported as 90, regardless of session settings?
I went back to 6.6.2 to sure it was not SimHub, maybe the dll need updating or is it just my install?

upload_2018-12-27_0-35-11.png

Another "issue" (found in 6.7 and 6.6) and rF2, SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds when doing offline races do not reset between qualy and race, but it does work correct in online (something is different as my display reset online, not offline when going from qualy to race as I have 2 display options on my screen).

My guess is that the qualy delta session best is still active, but it does reset the sector times as seen here, +1.04 is the DeltaSeconds (I did pause a bit after the sector change):

upload_2018-12-27_1-20-54.png

Again, when doing races online it work as expected but as noted above, when online and going to race the screen gets reset and I have to select next screen (if not on the first), this do not happen offline.
upload_2018-12-27_1-27-13.png

When offline, I have tried below, but nothing happens, should that reset session best?
upload_2018-12-27_1-28-3.png

Edit:
Online rF2, SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds is reset between qualy and race
Offline rF2 & AC, keeps the Qualy as best, but reset best sector

BestLapTime0 is always reset between qualy/race

Last edited:
Hello everyone, does anyone have the rotary encoders working in assetto Corsa Competizione? I have made keyboard emulation in sim hub for the shift and T and ctrl and T but it does not seem to work. I was also looking for the brake bias forward and backward keyboard shortcuts to map to the other encoder

i have two encoder but for assetto corsa competizione dont work

Hi!

I would like to make a dashboard for my wheel, I liked this design a lot BMW M6 but I'm kinda puzzled where to start...
First, I don't have any of the parts yet, I need to buy them from overseas as I can't find anything in my country.
The list i have is the next:
-Nextion 4.3inch display
-USB to TTL module
-WS2812B LEDs these are individual leds but I asume that can be weld together?
-Nano V3.0 ATmega328P

These are the things I gathered I need for the project, but I still have some doubts that I wasn't able to find... It is possible to use two ATmega 328 to asign different functions to diferent leds? For example, in the dash case I'm going to print, there is some side leds, this are usually for the ABS/TCS ligths when the wheels are spinning etc. It it possible to map this? I need to use two micro boards? Do I need three diferent usb spaces after finished?

Sorry for the long post and I'm really happy people like you use your time to make some nice things for us that are not that capable.

Thanks.

Hi!

I would like to make a dashboard for my wheel, I liked this design a lot BMW M6 but I'm kinda puzzled where to start...
First, I don't have any of the parts yet, I need to buy them from overseas as I can't find anything in my country.
The list i have is the next:
-Nextion 4.3inch display
-USB to TTL module
-WS2812B LEDs these are individual leds but I asume that can be weld together?
-Nano V3.0 ATmega328P

These are the things I gathered I need for the project, but I still have some doubts that I wasn't able to find... It is possible to use two ATmega 328 to asign different functions to diferent leds? For example, in the dash case I'm going to print, there is some side leds, this are usually for the ABS/TCS ligths when the wheels are spinning etc. It it possible to map this? I need to use two micro boards? Do I need three diferent usb spaces after finished?

Sorry for the long post and I'm really happy people like you use your time to make some nice things for us that are not that capable.

Thanks.
Hi ! If you want a nextion + LEDs simply use this wiring : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display#wiring-nextion-through-an-arduino-micro using a single Arduino pro micro instead of the Nano + usb TTL
Concerning the LEDs yes you can chain them however the data you want (abs/TC active) is not available except for pcars. But you many other data to choose from : fuel, delta ... each led can be mapped separately, there is no need to separate them across multiple arduinos.

i have two encoder but for assetto corsa competizione dont work
I need to check, key emulation have always been difficult, even AHK the "specialized" software on the subject have many methods to use depending of the target. I guess the most universal way would be something like VJoy support (gamepad emulation) it would be much easier to manage and would work universally with all sims.

Another "issue" (found in 6.7 and 6.6) and rF2, SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds when doing offline races do not reset between qualy and race, but it does work correct in online (something is different as my display reset online, not offline when going from qualy to race as I have 2 display options on my screen).

My guess is that the qualy delta session best is still active, but it does reset the sector times as seen here, +1.04 is the DeltaSeconds (I did pause a bit after the sector change):

View attachment 283119

Again, when doing races online it work as expected but as noted above, when online and going to race the screen gets reset and I have to select next screen (if not on the first), this do not happen offline.
View attachment 283130

When offline, I have tried below, but nothing happens, should that reset session best?
View attachment 283131

Edit:
Online rF2, SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds is reset between qualy and race
Offline rF2 & AC, keeps the Qualy as best, but reset best sector

BestLapTime0 is always reset between qualy/race
I will check, indeed i've been pretty conservative about session best delta maybe a bit too much, it's more surprising that you can't reset it.

Concerning AMS total laps, sadly the data never worked in any plugin i could test and AMs does not publish an up-to-date SDK, it used to be values around 9000000 or so so i was filtering it and giving back laps done instead (to avoid an ugly 2/0 laps display). I will take another look if somehow i can get my hand on the correct value otherwise I will remove it and directly go back to the previous behaviour.

I need to check, key emulation have always been difficult, even AHK the "specialized" software on the subject have many methods to use depending of the target. I guess the most universal way would be something like VJoy support (gamepad emulation) it would be much easier to manage and would work universally with all sims.
Thanks Wotever. That would be great. I will look into vjoy as well. Right now I have a very nice button box made, like the 488 GTE, with 2 encoders but nothing is working really. Hope I can get some results with the vjoy

Hi Wotever, another idea I was having while making the button box. I was missing some digital pins on my Arduino Nano and uno. Just 11 really. So I was looking at the serial shifters. The
SN74HC595 was quickly found. Adds 8 pins but uses 3 so daisy gaining would add 16 and eat 3 so 13 additional. That would be great for the dashboard and button box together. Only thing is they are serial to parallel so only output. The
SN74HC165 is the serial to parallel version but much harder to find. If we get these working we could have 8 or 16 more buttons on our projects.
Now the big question is of course , can you make them available in your simhub sketch. I guess I could work something out myself but i’m Just a very basic programmer.
Let me know your thoughts.

Wotever:

I have led lights going from edge to center (both sides) with Rpms (built in property, first two lights green)

leds.jpg

I want the first light of the two greens (on the sides) used as flag indicator and when there's no flag continue to work like Rpms light.

Wotever:

I have led lights going from edge to center (both sides) with Rpms (built in property, first two lights green)

View attachment 283391

I want the first light of the two greens (on the sides) used as flag indicator and when there's no flag continue to work like Rpms light.
Hi ! You will find flags example on the wiki : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino---some--RGB-leds-configurations-examples

Simply add a new rgb mapping as the last in the layout, the mapping suggested on the wiki will be only active when the flag is triggered otherwise it will show the other mappings.

Thanks for the reply, I did that, but I need a conditional, because it blinks both the green from Rpms and the flag. How can I use a formula that it conditional use Rpms (built in property) or should I replace it for a formula?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replay, I did that, but I need a conditional, because it blinks both the green from Rpms and the flag. How can I use a formula that it conditional use Rpms (built in property) or should I replace it for a formula?
You can simply add a "static" background (just before the flag mapping) like following :
upload_2018-12-28_23-1-18.png

It will ensure that the leds are cleared when flag is triggered no matter if blinking.

You can simply add a "static" background (just before the flag mapping) like following :
View attachment 283401
It will ensure that the leds are cleared when flag is triggered no matter if blinking.

Thanks, it works. And how do I deal with 2 flags at the same time in one led? They should alternate?
Also, there's no function to display slipping of wheels or ABS triggered in iRacing?
Thanks again Wotever.

Thanks, it works. And how do I deal with 2 flags at the same time in one led? They should alternate?
Also, there's no function to display slipping of wheels or ABS triggered in iRacing?
Thanks again Wotever.
There is nothing for alternating them you have to prioritize them using order so you can choose which one will show in priority.

Concerning abs and TC active, iracing does not expose such data at my knowledge (iracing data is totally dynamic depending of the car, I may be wrong but I've never seen such a thing)

i can't seem to adjust individual channels for bass shaker effects anymore. they are stuck wherever i set them last. i have the full license but when i click on the window where you used to be able to adjust the setting's intensity it's just stuck on whatever % i set it at the last time i was able to change it. this one is at 50% and i can't seem to change it. maybe i've just forgotten how?

thanks.
simhub.jpg

i can't seem to adjust individual channels for bass shaker effects anymore. they are stuck wherever i set them last. i have the full license but when i click on the window where you used to be able to adjust the setting's intensity it's just stuck on whatever % i set it at the last time i was able to change it. this one is at 50% and i can't seem to change it. maybe i've just forgotten how?

thanks. View attachment 283419
Hi ! indeed there was an ui issue with these new sliders, the first effect of the list was impossible to change, I reverted to the original behaviour in the latest update : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/update?update=43492

Hello Wotever and Merry Christmast for all.
I've got a problem with SimHub.
From today, no response are received from the program, been blocked in windows. I need to close it with Windows adminsitrator and when restart same behaviour. No response at all from it. I'd reinstalled without luky.

Any ideas wotover?

King regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering