Doubt about skins in-game preview, missing, doing something wrong?

Mike V.

10RPM
Original poster
Sep 18, 2017
Ive download some beautiful skins for the Endurance Pack, ive extracted them to, rFactor2/UserData/player/Settings, im new on skining on rF2, this was my 1st try, the extraction created the car model folder by itself, i can see the skins in-game when im driving the cars, also can see them on the showroom, but i cant see the preview of them, this this happens on all the skins that ive tryed.
Im missing something, doing something wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/bmqjXjB

davehenrie

500RPM
Jun 4, 2017
apparently it is time consuming to get those preview cars made so some modders have chosen NOT to create them. URD comes to mind.

Ho3n3r

5000RPM
Oct 20, 2010
I normally just click on Tuning and it shows the preview, even when they have bothered with an icon.

Highlandwalker

100RPM
Premium
Jun 18, 2017
I think the thumb nail icons got to be in bedded into the main mas file for the car and then repacked. So it would stop it working especially if it's a steam download.

Ace King

500RPM
Oct 4, 2009
I did the thumbnail icons for the 80+ third party skins for Studio 397's GT3 Pack. A little time consuming to make icons and pack it all up into a MAS file thus maybe why these icons are sometimes omitted.

Last edited:

Mike V.

10RPM
Original poster
Sep 18, 2017
Your doing nothing wrong! For whatever reason, they decided not to include the thumbnail icons.

Some helpful info here:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-2-skin-download-and-usage.52955/#post-883653
Thanks a lot, im gonna take a look into it.

Ho3n3r
I went also to Tuning, i can preview the skins on the car right there, but i didn't get the Icon.
Thanks for the reply.

Highlandwalker
Ive download all the skins were on RD, before ive downloaded were. i previous made a search on the Workshop, looking for a pack of skins for Endurance cars, unfortunately there isn't.
Thanks for the reply.

Doug62

500RPM
Dec 28, 2009
Last edited:

Doug62

500RPM
Dec 28, 2009
I did the thumbnail icons for the 80+ third party skins for Studio 397's GT3 Pack. A little time consuming to make icons and pack it all up into a MAS file thus maybe why these icons are sometimes omitted.
Skin Pack are very different from a one off add-on. Packs don't rely on the rcd, they use the veh and are installed as a alternative "teams" folder in the mod install folder, Not in the Settings folder as Virtual Drivers or altSkins are.

Very different animal completely!

Last edited:

Ace King

500RPM
Oct 4, 2009
Skin Pack are very different from a one off add-on. Packs don't rely on the rcd, they use the veh and are installed as a alternative "teams" folder in the mod install folder, Not in the Settings folder as Virtual Drivers or altSkins are.

Very different animal completely!
I agree and could have stated it more clearly when i posted that it was necessary to pack it up into a MAS.

Last edited: