Doubt about skins in-game preview, missing, doing something wrong?

Ive download some beautiful skins for the Endurance Pack, ive extracted them to, rFactor2/UserData/player/Settings, im new on skining on rF2, this was my 1st try, the extraction created the car model folder by itself, i can see the skins in-game when im driving the cars, also can see them on the showroom, but i cant see the preview of them, this this happens on all the skins that ive tryed.
Im missing something, doing something wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/bmqjXjB

I did the thumbnail icons for the 80+ third party skins for Studio 397's GT3 Pack. A little time consuming to make icons and pack it all up into a MAS file thus maybe why these icons are sometimes omitted.

Last edited:
Your doing nothing wrong! For whatever reason, they decided not to include the thumbnail icons.

Some helpful info here:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-2-skin-download-and-usage.52955/#post-883653
Thanks a lot, im gonna take a look into it.

Ho3n3r
I went also to Tuning, i can preview the skins on the car right there, but i didn't get the Icon.
Thanks for the reply.

Highlandwalker
Ive download all the skins were on RD, before ive downloaded were. i previous made a search on the Workshop, looking for a pack of skins for Endurance cars, unfortunately there isn't.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
I did the thumbnail icons for the 80+ third party skins for Studio 397's GT3 Pack. A little time consuming to make icons and pack it all up into a MAS file thus maybe why these icons are sometimes omitted.
Skin Pack are very different from a one off add-on. Packs don't rely on the rcd, they use the veh and are installed as a alternative "teams" folder in the mod install folder, Not in the Settings folder as Virtual Drivers or altSkins are.

Very different animal completely!

Last edited:
Skin Pack are very different from a one off add-on. Packs don't rely on the rcd, they use the veh and are installed as a alternative "teams" folder in the mod install folder, Not in the Settings folder as Virtual Drivers or altSkins are.

Very different animal completely!
I agree and could have stated it more clearly when i posted that it was necessary to pack it up into a MAS.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing