Donington Park Re-Opens

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
After Donninton Ventures Limited collapsed last year, Donnington Park was left in ruins. But the Wheatcroft family didn't give up! A new leaseholder was found, and they have repaired the track and got it ready to resume racing on.

The Auto Cycle Union gave the track the go ahead at the beginning of the month, and now the Classic Racing Motorsport Club's revival meeting happens this weekend, and the first car racing meeting happens in September.

Kevin Wheatcroft said: “This is a proud moment for everyone associated with Donington and we are looking forward to a packed calendar of racing this season and next.

“I would like to wish the first event at the new Donington every success and personally thank the Adroit Group for their tireless efforts in helping to re-open Donington.

“We are delighted with the first stage of improvements. We are now looking at further improvements through the winter and close-season as part of a four year schedule of works to provide improved and enhanced facilities and the Wheatcroft’s look forward to welcoming fans back to this historic circuit.”

donnington.jpg

Its great news donny is back but there a bit late.
And as for a packed calander I dont see that at all now silverstone have F1 for 12 years, and I dont think donny will get the moto gp either.

Personaly i wish they had just left donny alone.

Donington needed some work after some VIP boxes along the craners where abit of a mess, also the paddock area also needs sorting out. I cant tell you about the back end of the circuit because they wouldnt let me down there.

quality news

Chris Butcher;584906 said:
Omer, Silverstone currently hold a long-term contract for F1. I don't think we'll see it at Donington soon unfortunately

And as for that last time it was here it was the European GP. Valencia suck anyway.

The paddock was alright when I raced there last July; in fact there was plenty of space, hard standing, decent amenities... so I dunno when you went Adam...:/
But anyway, yes, it's easily one of the top 4 tracks in the UK, along with Brands, Silverstone and Oulton. If Snetterton can go through with their plans for development then that will be up there as well. We also have a strong second tier, of Croft, Thruxton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park, Knockhill, Mallory Park... the list goes on.
We are blessed in this country for the quality of our racetracks, so don't knock Donington, especially if all you watch is formula 1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back