Resource icon

Misc Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config 0.98

Login or Register an account to download this content
racinjoe013 submitted a new resource:

Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config - Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config

Another track I love but rarely drive because I can't stand to look at it. So I decided to make it my next reclamation project. This is so far from complete but to me looks so much better that I decided to release an early version now. It makes the track so much more enjoyable to drive.

Lots of things left to do so don't expect high quality right now. It has seasonal changes in the ext_config file, but I would still suggest sticking to the summer months. I can't get get a good look for...

Read more about this resource...

racinjoe013 updated Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config with a new update entry:

Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config 0.85

Baby steps, but enough of them to make it better than before.

-- Better looking grass color and adjusted grassfx. Still a WIP.
-- Sharpened up the tree textures for better depth and shadowing look.
-- Better seasonal changes. Winter is not as long, fall looks better and summer has a small tint of drying out.

Disable the 'Updated' skin in CM and delete the folder from past version. Extract the new skin and re-enable.

Read the rest of this update entry...

any idea if its possible to fix the outline of the smoke textures (issue with the base track, not your skin/config specifically)
1680198116968.png

theyre really noticeable in vr
1680198145190.png

Looks to be an alpha layer issue. Probably a simple fix. The other option I could do is to hide the smoke texture and add code to the ext_config file to use CSP's animated smoke feature. I might have to try that just to see how it looks. I really need to get back to this mod and finish it off properly anyways. Maybe this will motivate me to do it.

racinjoe013 updated Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config with a new update entry:

Donington Park 2018 skin\ext_config

Latest version of my track skin\ext_config file for excellent Donington Park 2018 mod from @Brun . This makes significant changes to the track so I can't stress enough to make a backup copy of your current track folder. CSP is required for this to work so please use the original track if you play the base game.

If you currently have a track skin enabled, disable it for the time being before...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Racing Joe and thank you for your work. Just a question, can I use these to the rj_doningtonpark2023 you had started with?
Do I have to redownload the 2018 mod?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 180 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 116 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 125 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 52 19.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 73 27.0%
Back