Donington Grand Prix Collection to Close This November

I can see that view ;)

The building looks typical WWII, a lot of similar designs in Australia

Thing is with the price of collections now they need to be kept in the best environment possible

I would try and bring some of the best features of other great car museums, really like Mercedes

One thing collections need is space so all cars can be viewed from all angles, then you can get best appreciation, best photos......... much like car shows

One idea would be the best of each collection to be enclosed in vacuum sealed capsules of a high tech clear material, not your typical rectangle but curved and domed so there is no frame to spoil photos

You could have them on various multi-storey stands like they use for car parks
they could span all floors around staircases
Have them revolve up and down, stop, do a slow 360, then next car

Maybe pump a synthetic mixture of damp, dust and oil through ventilation into appropriate displays and some AvGas for Historic Formula display lol :)

Few silly ideas anyways p

Where is Banksy when we need him?

Tom Wheatcroft started the collection, Kevin his son now wants to sell up.... nothing to do with anything other than a return from the investments.
No cars will be destroyed, but all will be sold for a tidy sum.....
Go see it if you can though.

Slightly off topic but i was thinking of a way to start an online petition to get Chris Evans (loud mouth ginger mong) to hand back the famous Dunlop bridge to Donington.....
Not to get it back where it was but near to the museum at least.....
That bridge is so cool and Chris Evans went to the Donington auction when it first went into administration and he purchased the bridge for £1.....yes £1.......vulture....
dunlop.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back