Done with VR

:(

I gave it my best shot, three months in, but I just can't get on with my Rift S! The immersion is incredible but it's too hot, the graphics are awful, it gives me eye strain and I'm fighting the vomit effect constantly. I also hate having to lift it up a bit so I can find my keyboard/mouse/drink/Haribo which then tends to smear the lenses even more. I'm constantly moving it around on my face to keep it in the sweet spot and just generally seem to spend more time fiddling than driving. Consequently I'm significantly slower driving with it, even though the depth perception is fantastic, but I've tried everything (FPS adjusting/massive industrial fans/short sessions/travel sickness tablets) but it's just not working for me in driving games. I've actually got to the stage of dreading it and avoid any potential races, whereas before I'd jump at the chance of a race or even just spend 4+ hours driving around LAC in something old and slow for fun.

Back in the day I had 3x32" triples but the large bezels drove me crazy and I don't really have the space for a large set. So, I'm thinking that I could go down a single superwide path with something like a Acer Predator X34P, or for even less money I could get two more AOC G2790s and go triple with my existing AOC (that have tiny bezels).

What's the current trend heading towards?

Last edited:
It wouldn't be sim racing without issues upon issues, after all....! :rolleyes:

It's probably not your settings as you mention most times it works as expected, but the audio devices are set up how you want them in SteamVR, yes? You can choose what happens when you launch SteamVR in terms of audio and mic. I've had some issues with stuff that's currently playing when I launch SteamVR (Spotify, Youtube, etc). They seem to not like a new audio device popping up out of nowhere and taking over the output.

Upvote 0
SteamVR is configured the way I want it. The only thing I change is whether I want to mirror the audio to an additional surround sound card that is connected to my AV receiver. I have tried removing that card to see if it helps and there was no change in behavior.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back