Does U.S. have the least riots that are least violent (sports, racism, alcohol, etc.) in the World?

I wonder about this because in the U.S., whenever a sports team wins, there may be riots, but, nowhere near as violent as U.K. or European football riots or even Indian, Pakistani and Middle Eastern riots.

I understand there were racial riots in the Southeast U.S. in the Civil Rights Era, but, most U.S. riots seem peaceful compared to riots around the world.

Why is it that Americans don't get riled up over anything unlike pretty much every other country in the World?

It relieves me, but, I get angry at my fellow Americans for not getting riled up over government taking rights away.

I want to go out there and protest my government, but, I'm only one man and my compatriots are in the dark in terms of politics.

No violent riots in the USA?:O_o:
Your media & history teachers are doing you a disservice then mate...:cautious:
Here's just one, remember what happened when those cops were let off for beating the :poop: out of Rodney King?
It wasn't as long ago as the Civil Rights 'Era' either...
Im talking 91/92
Just saying because Ive heard of other incidents as well but that's one that sticks in my mind for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King_Riots

What you said above reminds me of a documentary I seen about the people of China 15years after Tienanmen Square not knowing anything about it or the photo that still gets shown around the rest of the world of the bloke standing in front of the tank with his shopping refusing to move...
It's become an iconic image!
Shameful how the media & powers that be can do that to even our immediate history, makes you wonder what REALLY happened 50 or 100 years ago (at least) with this being the case...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man

Have a cruise through Wiki' & see what else you can find ;)
Good luck!:thumbsup:

The anti-occupy law pretty much killed our free speech in places it would have most effect. Anyone protesting within x number of feet from a secret service agent(known to you or not) is a Felony. That's why there haven't been as many marches or demonstrations lately at least not on the Capitol.

But hey there's still a few Americans out there that enjoy a good riot from time to time, crowd control usually gets on it pretty quick though with painful non-Lethal's.

No violent riots in the USA?:O_o:
Your media & history teachers are doing you a disservice then mate...:cautious:
Here's just one, remember what happened when those cops were let off for beating the :poop: out of Rodney King?
It wasn't as long ago as the Civil Rights 'Era' either...
Im talking 91/92
Just saying because Ive heard of other incidents as well but that's one that sticks in my mind for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King_Riots

What you said above reminds me of a documentary I seen about the people of China 15years after Tienanmen Square not knowing anything about it or the photo that still gets shown around the rest of the world of the bloke standing in front of the tank with his shopping refusing to move...
It's become an iconic image!
Shameful how the media & powers that be can do that to even our immediate history, makes you wonder what REALLY happened 50 or 100 years ago (at least) with this being the case...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man

Have a cruise through Wiki' & see what else you can find ;)
Good luck!:thumbsup:

I won't deny that, but, Americans still aren't ones to riot often like the rest of the world. Lee, I'm not saying there are no violent riots, I'm saying American riots seem more peaceful compared to other countries.

The anti-occupy law pretty much killed our free speech in places it would have most effect. Anyone protesting within x number of feet from a secret service agent(known to you or not) is a Felony. That's why there haven't been as many marches or demonstrations lately at least not on the Capitol.

But hey there's still a few Americans out there that enjoy a good riot from time to time, crowd control usually gets on it pretty quick though with painful non-Lethal's.

Miguel, those cops are after the Occupy protesters because they don't have permits and did not have them to begin with.

In the Civil Rights protests, the protesters had the permits.

The US prefers to bomb the crap out of other Countries, it doesn't really do Sports violence or at least sports violence doesn't make the news, a bit like bombing Women and Children in Iraq or Afghanistan.

attachment.php

They don't make the news because governments & corporations are 'in bed' with the media & nothing hurts business or governments ability to do as it pleases like having people find out that there's others who are just as fed up with the situation & willing to revolt (which is basically what most riots are)...
It's like all those times that guns actually save lives, you don't hear about that in the news because those mentioned above want to disarm the populace & make them vulnerable & massacres spread across every news out let sensationalizing such things cloud peoples judgement & allow the governments to pass these wrongful & illegal laws...

It's OK Hampus, at least he's asking questions....:thumbsup:
Unlike all those other folks that just don't actually want to know & will just tow the line....:(
Ask away Mohammed, we'll do our best to steer you to whatever info we can & help with what we can.
Read as much as you can & reason it out for yourself & don't be afraid to ask questions, it sounds like an old cliche but there really is no such thing as a stupid question!
Besides, it's actually a relief to find someone willing to ask about these things & thinking for themselves...;)

I want to go out there and protest my government, but, I'm only one man and my compatriots are in the dark in terms of politics.

People with such a notion should study hard, develop themselves and get into the most important positions in the society. Then they can do the change they want.

Rioting takes people nowhere, just a lot of propertial damage and media boost!

People with such a notion should study hard, develop themselves and get into the most important positions in the society. Then they can do the change they want.
The reality is that this has been done already, it usually ends in assassination.
Or any other form of tactic.

Or the good ´ol

"If you go in and try to change the system, eventually the system will change you"

What you need is a revolution if you truly want change.
It´s a tested solution that actually works.

What you need is a revolution if you truly want change.
It´s a tested solution that actually works.

Ahhh...now revolutions, while they work, do need some kind of organization & some basic plans as well as a goal, otherwise it all quickly falls apart into chaos & eventually riots & turf wars violent reprisals which plays into the hands of the enemy....
Where as full-scale riots are just people blowing-off their anger & resentment...

In which case, some study like Omer said but along the lines of Sun Tze would be a good start & maybe some Jung too to understand things like mob mentality (heard intoxication) as well as how to lead people....
After all, it's all good being able to draw up plans but if you can't lead the people nothing will happen

A question to Lee, Miguel, and even Hampus:

How can we have a revolution in my country, let alone a country like Israel when those governments have weapons of mass destruction like drones and missiles?

Those governments would be cold-hearted enough to use it on their own citizens.

How can we have a revolution in my country, let alone a country like Israel when those governments have weapons of mass destruction like drones and missiles?
Say there are 3 million people in Military and Government.
What is that compared to 300 million?

A government will never win against the people, it´s just that USA in particular everyone is scared to death of their government.
It should be the opposite, the government should be scared to death by the people.

And they will if a proper revolution breaks out. And with enough people, soldiers will realize they are fighting the wrong enemy and join the people.

Say there are 3 million people in Military and Government.
What is that compared to 300 million?

A government will never win against the people, it´s just that USA in particular everyone is scared to death of their government.
It should be the opposite, the government should be scared to death by the people.

And they will if a proper revolution breaks out. And with enough people, soldiers will realize they are fighting the wrong enemy and join the people.

Well, 20% of the population are Teabaggers that watch Fox News, absorb every single word without question, worship Reagan and George W. Bush, and stockpile on guns wanting to kill the black man known as Obama, who they think should be picking cotton like black slaves in pre-Civil War America.

Explain that obstacle.

A question to Lee, Miguel, and even Hampus:

Those governments would be cold-hearted enough to use it on their own citizens.

While I agree that some governments are wicked enough to turn on their own people but I doubt any governing force would nuke its own soil. The casualties would be immense but the land hit would be unusable for a long period of time, it would have to be a last ditch effort like Israel's Samson option in the event they go down they take themselves and everyone with them. Drones on the other hand are a very legitimate concern especially with this administration. There were even drones spotted at the super bowl last night. Theres tactical clothing that can hide heat signatures but its pricey and at the moment a bit unnecessary.

The options we have are to keep ourselves informed and reach out to those in your community/state/gov who have the voice you don't. I've written letters to my states senators and congressman and got replies on most occasions. Hope is not lost yet but always keep the thought in the back of your mind that something "COULD" happen if we continue on the same path.

In aviation we use the metaphor of a chain of events that leads to an accident. For something to happen all the links have to come together, if you can catch a problem and cut that chain you can prevent the accident. Same in politics, find the links of the chain you can influence and get as many people as you can informed.

Complacency is the biggest killer in my idustry and in my society.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%