Does this potential Fanatec order include everything I need?

I have the below-listed items saved...

*ClubSport Table Clamp V2 for PC desk mounting of WB... # CSTCV2 ... $59.95

*ClubSport Wheel Base Ver 2.5 ..... # CS_WB_V2.5_US ... $549.95

*ClubSport Wheel Rim GT Forza .... # UH_RGTF ..... $129.95

*ClubSport Pedals V3 .... # CSP_V3 ..... $359.95

Do I have everything I need listed above? Because there's another item that I don't know whether I need it or not.....

*ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for XboX1 .... # CSW_RUHX ... $349.95

I will sim race on my PC, not on an Xbox....And what does 'Universal Hub' mean? Is that some kind of quick-change add-on for someone who has multiple wheels?

Thanks for any help/ideas... -an old newbie in Rhode Island/USA

+
I agree.

I am willing to "field test" if you want to send it to Missouri! ;) I will likely go a similar route with a Podium wheel & CS V2.5 wheelbase when I sell off some of my 1/18-scale diecast collection.

I hope you enjoy your new gear and will keep us posted.

Awesome. Too bad you're so far from Rhode Island!

Thanks, I appreciate that, and everyone here who has guided me. And Lord knows I need guidance...

But, I will be here once I get it all delivered, and I'm trying to set everything up. I'm sure I'll get 'dazed & confused' with one thing or another and will need help.

I have to put together my 'script' for telling the Boss what I'm planning to do...Think I need that Manhattan again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Found a relatively portable rig, the Playseat Challenge (https://www.playseatstore.com/playseat-challenge.html)... But it's out of stock, and because of Covid it can't be shipped to the USA. Hope I'm wrong on this. I'll need to clean out the bottom of my clothing closet in the BR so I can store it when not in use.

Just stream of consciousness, ADD poster child, self-absorbed rambling with no purpose... You're welcome.

"It is easier to fool the people than to convince the people they have been fooled." -Mark Twain

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Given the weight and FFB power of your selected wheelbase, I would not recommend the Playseat Challenge.

I would strongly consider an aluminum extrusion AKA 80/20 rig but with a difference: make it modular in two or three sections and attach lockable casters* like those used by Simlab:

1) Pedal box
2) Wheel upright box
3) Seat box

These modules can be locked together very securely with overlapping 80/20 joining plates.

Depending on the design, you could combine 1 & 2. I have been mulling such a design in my head since I built my first 80/20 rig in 2011, but I never wanted to cut the 60-in. L main rails of my rig to make it happen.

At 8020.net, you can choose from standard "15-series" fractional extrusion which is based on components in multiples of 1.5-in. or "40-series" metric components which are multiples of 40mm. You can choose either as they are so similar that the difference is not easily discernible to the eye, but most fractional snd metric components are just enough to be incompatible when mixed.

Normal 80/20 disassembly is just a few turns of an allen key, or it can be accomplished with more expensive but more convenient cam-style clamps, knobs or quick release levers.

*These are simple Colson brand modular casters to allow a bolt to pass through the pivot and be secured in the T-slot of the extrusion with a T-nut.

I believe Colson is based in the U.S., but I could not find the SimLab style casters (or anything similar) from them or any website. I ended up ordering the casters from SimLab distributor Demon Tweeks and paying hefty international shipping. I also had to wait a few weeks for arrivsl but they were worth every penny and work perfectly.

Does anyone have a U.S. source for the above or similar casters?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Given the weight and FFB power of your selected wheelbase, I would not recommend the Playseat Challenge.

I would strongly consider an aluminum extrusion AKA 80/20 rig but with a difference: make it modular in two or three sections and attach lockable casters* like those used by Simlab:

1) Pedal box
2) Wheel upright box
3) Seat box

These modules can be locked together very securely with overlapping 80/20 joining plates.

Depending on the design, you could combine 1 & 2. I have been mulling such a design in my head since I built my first 80/20 rig in 2011, but I never wanted to cut the 60-in. L main rails of my rig to make it happen.

At 8020.net, you can choose from standard "15-series" fractional extrusion which is based on components in multiples of 1.5-in. or "40-series" metric components which are multiples of 40mm. You can choose either as they are so similar that the difference is not easily discernible to the eye, but most fractional snd metric components are just enough to be incompatible when mixed.

Normal 80/20 disassembly is just a few turns of an allen key, or it can be accomplished with more expensive but more convenient cam-style clamps, knobs or quick release levers.

*These are simple Colson brand modular casters to allow a bolt to pass through the pivot and be secured in the T-slot of the extrusion with a T-nut.

I believe Colson is based in the U.S., but I could not find the SimLab style casters (or anything similar) from them or any website. I ended up ordering the casters from SimLab distributor Demon Tweeks and paying hefty international shipping. I also had to wait a few weeks for arrivsl but they were worth every penny and work perfectly.

Does anyone have a U.S. source for the above or similar casters?

Interesting/thanks... more research/reading on the schedule.

Upvote 0
I've come full circle, initially looking at desk-mount G29 entry-level components, then examined Fanatec world, and onto DD w/ Accuforce and a few others.

The limiting circumstance of needing a desk mount setup turned me away from the DD stuff, unfortunately. So, I'm back to a Fanatec mid-range answer with the Club Sport 2.5 WB, etc. I did also look at the PlaySeat Challenge and the Azzoli as alternatives to a rig that would never fit well in our small computer room....but even those took up too much space.

So, desk clamp the CS 2.5 WB onto my heavy/strong computer desk and get locking computer chair leg casters. What I'm thinking of:
*Fanatec CS2.5WB
*CSv3 pedals
*Podium hub, shifters
*damn R300 rim 'sold out'....will hold up my order...Wow, that Ascher F64-USB wheel ...
*Desk mount clamp

Opinions? I welcome people further confusing me w/ solid facts...

EDIT > Now decided on Porsche Podium wheel rim...comes w/hub, paddles

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would the Ascher F64-USB wheel be compatible w/ these Fanatec components?
[/QUOTE]

A wheel from a manufacturer other than Fanatec will bolt up physically, but I don't believe the buttons would function properly.

Another manufacturers' wheel might function with a Podium wheelbase, but I do not believe it would work with the CSW V2.5. Does anyone have experience with this?

Upvote 0
EDIT... Leaning to Porsche Podium wheel rim, Podium hub, paddles (not available 'til Aug 7th).
I was going to make that suggestion when I saw you were thinking about the Ascher solution. August isn't too far off now.

Sorry to high jack 5-Card Major's thread again, but has anyone confirmed Podium Advanced Paddle Module compatibility with the Classic wheel? I am getting closer to a CSW V.2 myself and would like to go the Podium route rather than the Universal hub. Affordable button box options would be welcome as well.

Upvote 0
I was going to make that suggestion when I saw you were thinking about the Ascher solution. August isn't too far off now.

Sorry to high jack 5-Card Major's thread again, but has anyone confirmed Podium Advanced Paddle Module compatibility with the Classic wheel? I am getting closer to a CSW V.2 myself and would like to go the Podium route rather than the Universal hub. Affordable button box options would be welcome as well.

No hijack, you're part of the crew.

When you get that Porsche Podium rim, it includes the Podium hub and paddles, correct?

Upvote 0
Either the leather (available now) or suede (available in August) Porsche 911 GT3 wheels include the Podium hub, carbon fiber paddles, advanced paddle shifter module and the endurance module.
Add one asterisk: the endurance module function is not fully supported by the CSW V.2 wheelbase. Can anyone enlighten all us what this means in terms of actual racing use?

Upvote 0

I would say the Podium shifter paddles are not long enough for the 35cm Classic rim unless you have very large hands and long fingers. You would need to print or fabricate longer paddles.

I have the Unihub as well which I use with my 35cm rally wheel and that works fine.

Upvote 0
I would say the Podium shifter paddles are not long enough for the 35cm Classic rim unless you have very large hands and long fingers. You would need to print or fabricate longer paddles.

I have the Unihub as well which I use with my 35cm rally wheel and that works fine.

The Porsche is considered the "35cm Classic"? If yes, then I'm concerned about the paddle shifters. I want everything to be fine out of the box, no printing nor fabricating... just open box, assemble, and race.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Porsche is considered the "35cm Classic"? If yes, then I'm concerned about the paddle shifters. I want everything to be fine out of the box, no printing nor fabricating... just open box, assemble, and race.

There is a specific Classic wheel in the Fanatec selection that Ruttman was refering to. The paddles work fine with the Porsche wheel of course.

Upvote 0

Thank you very much for clarifying. Sorry to create confusion asking about the Classic compatibility when the Porsche 911 GT3 was 5-Card Major's interest.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Forum trophies