Does this potential Fanatec order include everything I need?

I have the below-listed items saved...

*ClubSport Table Clamp V2 for PC desk mounting of WB... # CSTCV2 ... $59.95

*ClubSport Wheel Base Ver 2.5 ..... # CS_WB_V2.5_US ... $549.95

*ClubSport Wheel Rim GT Forza .... # UH_RGTF ..... $129.95

*ClubSport Pedals V3 .... # CSP_V3 ..... $359.95

Do I have everything I need listed above? Because there's another item that I don't know whether I need it or not.....

*ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for XboX1 .... # CSW_RUHX ... $349.95

I will sim race on my PC, not on an Xbox....And what does 'Universal Hub' mean? Is that some kind of quick-change add-on for someone who has multiple wheels?

Thanks for any help/ideas... -an old newbie in Rhode Island/USA

Do I have everything I need listed above? Because there's another item that I don't know whether I need it or not.....

I will sim race on my PC, not on an Xbox....And what does 'Universal Hub' mean? Is that some kind of quick-change add-on for someone who has multiple wheels?

The 'Univeral Hub' should enable you to fit/use almost any random wheel rim you want. That's why it's called universal. I wouldn't say it's quick to swap rims though. Unbolting the rim and also adjusting the pods (the things with the buttons) takes a few minutes.

Upvote 0
You will need an

You will definitely need the Universal Hub (it works on both PC/Xbox1 ... it contains the electronics built into some of the other wheel minus "rumble-motors" need to work with the wheel base and any std wheel rim of your choice , ANY WHEEL USING THE RUHX WILL NOT HAVE RUMBLE nice to have but not a necessity..... suggest you get the combo pkg for $399 vs sepatrate $129+$349=$478 OR the CS Wheel R300 (300mm Dia) vs CSForza GT (320MM Dia) it will allow to potentially update to the Podium Button Module Endurance at a later date if you want (the PBME will not fit the Forza GT wheel because of it's larger layout of the wheel spokes).
Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
For whatever reason, I'm getting confused on the Fanatec site trying to pick items I need.

Way too many wheels, and one bundle I was interested in makes you get the ShifterSQ 1.5 that I don't want. (I want paddle shift only). There's a Podium hub for $199.95. I don't know why it would be better than the other one. I'm confused by all the options. Christ...

Upvote 0
For whatever reason, I'm getting confused on the Fanatec site trying to pick items I need.

Way too many wheels, and one bundle I was interested in makes you get the ShifterSQ 1.5 that I don't want. (I want paddle shift only). There's a Podium hub for $199.95. I don't know why it would be better than the other one. I'm confused by all the options. Christ...
My 2 cents. For a table mounting go for csl elite bundle whit loadcell. The v3 u need to hard mount them if u put performace kit and its a pain.

Upvote 0
this its my setup after i finished. After 2 days i drilled more holes because the frame have started to to make noise. Whit performace kit u need a lot of power to push the pedal. Csw 2.5 its powerful and whit a table mount i dont think it stays so good.i drive a lot of manual cars for this i buyed the v3. If i drived only f1 or another that dont need a clutch firsr option was csl elite pedals(easy to install and u can adjust how u want)

Attachments

• 20200418_104010.jpg
    20200418_104010.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
You might want to look for some YouTube unboxing / set up videos for the wheel/hub combo you want. I have wanted a Fanatec ClubSport wheel since they were first teased years ago.

What confuses me is the desirability of the universal hub vs. the Podium hub for a strict PC user. I know Barry at Sim Racing Garage was very impressed with its construction when he reviewed it in conjunction with the new Porsche Podium wheel. I am going to try to parse out the pros and cons of each hub.

Upvote 0
I've owned the Fanatec Formula wheel, classic wheel and Elite base for a couple of years and I think that my recommendation would be to look elsewhere. They are nice products, but nowhere near where they should be. They are like Apple stuff, great in their own way but totally incompatible with other stuff, and if you have an issue with them, you struggle. I think they are also a bit pricey for what they are, and my Elite base was wobbly after about 7 months use

They also have that ' put up with our method or shut up' attitude, a good example is the fact that you have to change all the settings on the wheel, which means that if you don't have the manual, you are screwed, and if you don't understand you are screwed. No nice user interface to help you set up what is ultimately an expensive complicated product.

But it's your money.

Next time, I'll be taking my money elsewhere

Les

Upvote 0
You might want to look for some YouTube unboxing / set up videos for the wheel/hub combo you want. I have wanted a Fanatec ClubSport wheel since they were first teased years ago.

What confuses me is the desirability of the universal hub vs. the Podium hub for a strict PC user. I know Barry at Sim Racing Garage was very impressed with its construction when he reviewed it in conjunction with the new Porsche Podium wheel. I am going to try to parse out the pros and cons of each hub.

I've owned the Fanatec Formula wheel, classic wheel and Elite base for a couple of years and I think that my recommendation would be to look elsewhere. They are nice products, but nowhere near where they should be. They are like Apple stuff, great in their own way but totally incompatible with other stuff, and if you have an issue with them, you struggle. I think they are also a bit pricey for what they are, and my Elite base was wobbly after about 7 months use

They also have that ' put up with our method or shut up' attitude, a good example is the fact that you have to change all the settings on the wheel, which means that if you don't have the manual, you are screwed, and if you don't understand you are screwed. No nice user interface to help you set up what is ultimately an expensive complicated product.

But it's your money.
Next time, I'll be taking my money elsewhere
Les

Hope you post here what you find out... anything you can throw my way will help. Among other issues, the Fanatec site sometimes changes prices in your wish-list and cart without reason...

It seems to me these prices are in the upper end of the mid-range belt-drive stuff. The total amount I'm getting w/ these Fanatec components is just a bit below the cost for the SimXperience AccuForce V3 DD. Trouble is, for me, there is no PC desk clamp available for it... so deal breaker.

I don't see anything else in upper middle range of prices for belt drive units that equals Fanatec stuff... BUT, I'm just a rookie here sounding off, but I don't really know anything.... I'm the poster boy for the phrase, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Upvote 0
this its my setup after i finished. After 2 days i drilled more holes because the frame have started to to make noise. Whit performace kit u need a lot of power to push the pedal. Csw 2.5 its powerful and whit a table mount i dont think it stays so good.i drive a lot of manual cars for this i buyed the v3. If i drived only f1 or another that dont need a clutch firsr option was csl elite pedals(easy to install and u can adjust how u want)
Thanks for pic...

Upvote 0

If you scroll to the bottom of bundle page you can custom build your own bundle. However, I suggest that you spend some time learning to navigate (I know Website Layout is not the best and bundle are necessarily cheaper) the Website. For instance if individually buy all the pieces (CSWB v2.5 $500, Forza GT w/ UniHub $400 & CSP v3 $360 = $1310) vs Custom Bundle (CSWB v2.5 w Forza GT/Unihub $1000 and CSP v3 $360 = $1360) $50 more for bundle.

Just a heads up navigating bundles: 1 Pick a Bundle 2 Select Configure 3 Scroll to Bottom of page / Select reset 4 On new page pick platform 5 Select start from scratch ....... And away you go with limitations - such as above mentioned cheaper pricing methods. Just spend some more time to sort out your wants and understanding of the hardware. They are still somewhat back-ordered (probably COVID-19 related along with demand) so you have time.

P.S. I have always ordered through live customer support (last 5 years) since the web page billing seems to mess up from time to time, especially with the VAT. I live in the USA by the way and have luckily had no major issues that customer support has not been able to resolve with diplomacy and a little time. I do wait on new products to sort themselves out first before buying. 2 more cents......I purchased earlier (years back) 2 Universal Hubs for PC/XBOX for $160@ . When they needed to add the additional electronics to support XBOX ONE their price jumped to accommodate the requirements of the MS licensing/hardware. Anyway, my Unihubs have given no problems. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
If you scroll to the bottom of bundle page you can custom build your own bundle. However, I suggest that you spend some time learning to navigate (I know Website Layout is not the best and bundle are necessarily cheaper) the Website. For instance if individually buy all the pieces (CSWB v2.5 $500, Forza GT w/ UniHub $400 & CSP v3 $360 = $1310) vs Custom Bundle (CSWB v2.5 w Forza GT/Unihub $1000 and CSP v3 $360 = $1360) $50 more for bundle.

Just a heads up navigating bundles: 1 Pick a Bundle 2 Select Configure 3 Scroll to Bottom of page / Select reset 4 On new page pick platform 5 Select start from scratch ....... And away you go with limitations - such as above mentioned cheaper pricing methods. Just spend some more time to sort out your wants and understanding of the hardware. They are still somewhat back-ordered (probably COVID-19 related along with demand) so you have time.

P.S. I have always ordered through live customer support (last 5 years) since the web page billing seems to mess up from time to time, especially with the VAT. I live in the USA by the way and have luckily had no major issues that customer support has not been able to resolve with diplomacy and a little time. I do wait on new products to sort themselves out first before buying. 2 more cents......I purchased earlier (years back) 2 Universal Hubs for PC/XBOX for $160@ . When they needed to add the additional electronics to support XBOX ONE their price jumped to accommodate the requirements of the MS licensing/hardware. Anyway, my Unihubs have given no problems. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Ok, Jim. I'll go thru Fanatec's site again...but only after having a few Manhattan's...

Thanks for the compass I'll need to better navigate there. I was not much of a Boy Scout.

Should I consider getting the Podium hub rather than the Universal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I think that being able to change the settings on the fly from the wheel is considered one of Fanatec's benefits. You can change any setting without leaving the game, directly from the wheel. If you want to tune the settings on your computer, they provide the Fanalabs software.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea