Does anyone use their triple-screen setup for non-sim gaming?

I don't have my VR headset yet (Reverb G2 on pre-order), but I've spent enough time in VR on my friend's rig to know that I don't want to race any other way.

However... while I'm not much of a "gamer" outside of sim racing, I thought it might be cool to get a triple monitor setup for the few games that I have played on occasion - Red Dead, Call of Duty, and some Assassin's Creed games.

Does anyone use their triple screen setup for "double duty" - sim racing as well as other games? I know the further the image gets to your periphery the more it gets stretched out on those games, but it seems like it would be far more immersive to play Red Dead with the Wild West across your entire peripheral vision - I would guess far more immersive than even a 32:9 monitor.

I would get the Asus bezel-free kit to hide the bezels (it seems like it works well enough in the review videos I've watched).

When I had my triples I would play Battlefield (logged well over 5000hrs between bf4 and bf1) on them and loved it. I also played AVA (when it was still a thing) with them.

Not only immersive but seemed to be quite an advantage also.

Upvote 0
I've never used my triple screens for Sim racing.
I only sim in VR as it should be :)

Office022016.jpg

Upvote 0
Not for gaming, but I do use it for image processing. Two screens have lightroom on and a third screen runs Photoshop for when I need to round trip for local adjustments.

Upvote 0
Not for gaming, but I do use it for image processing. Two screens have lightroom on and a third screen runs Photoshop for when I need to round trip for local adjustments.

Photography workflow. Do you print locally, or WHCC or at home?
My guess is you have your screens color calibrated as well.

Upvote 0
I used to have a similar printer that printed archival quality pictures. Unfortunately I don't print often so my ink cartridges would dry up mostly full and a full set of cartridges was quite a bit. I finally just threw away the printer and have a print house print whatever I need.

Upvote 0
Non sim-gaming on triple screens is pretty crappy, very few games actutally supports it and the stretched fisheye effect is just horrible. In fact it's not an advantage but many competetive fps games just stretches the game horizontally and crops it vertically so you will actually se less than on an single screen. The bezelkit work really well but everything in that area will be a bit distorted.

I had an 35" UW monitor with 21:9 ratio and that that was way more immersive than gaming on tripples imo. but even on that monitor you started to get some distortion and vertical cropping.

So bottom line, stick with 16:9 for 'regular' gaming.

/Rant :)

Upvote 0
I’m now leaning more toward a single 32:9 instead of triples. Again - this won’t be used often for sim racing since I’ll be using VR for that. Setting up triples and all the hassle that goes along with that sounds like a pain if it’s primary use isn’t racing.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back