Do we really need an official Ferrari license?

*BEFORE ANYONE GETS EXCITED, THE SHOTS BELOW ARE NOT KUNOS' SCREENSHOTS*

Going back to the official Ferrari license thing, do we really need one when modding teams like RMT can produce stuff like this (not confirmed they'll bring WSGT2 to AC yet, but I'd be very surprised and very, very disappointed if they didn't :cry:) ?

396515_357247744293793_254971542_n.jpg

418663_358078950877339_530498045_n.jpg

Give me the above with the proper noises at Monza and I'm a happy man for a long, long time :thumbsup: Who needs Kunos splashing out on the official license???

lol, I am pretty sure a F40 would look astonishing in AC :whistling:

Stefano Casillo@KunosStefano
On the road to maranello http://

1 h
Marco van Dongen@SpikeyMarcoD
@KunosStefano visiting Evotek?

Stefano Casillo@KunosStefano
@SpikeyMarcoD nope

Marco van Dongen@SpikeyMarcoD
@KunosStefano ok signing ferrari deal for AC then ...? Otherwise i am out of guesses.

followed by:
Stefano Casillo @KunosStefano
SpikeyMarcoD hahaha i wish, but no ;(

I wonder what the story is behind no Ferrari in AC. I know they collaborated on FVA but that is a few years old now. I suppose Ferrari might see AC as competition for FVA but, on the other hand, Kunos has the relationship with them so shouldn't that give them the leg up to negotiate something new for AC? AC is only for PC so there shouldn't be any EA or MSFT related contracts holding it up.

Perhaps it is $$. If so, I bet the community would kick in some cash to support Kunos licensing a few choice Ferrari models. I know I would.

I guess it could happen for DLC, even if it is a long shot. DLC seems to be the way to extend the revenue in gaming these days. It would be a smart way for Kunos to have a really attractive DLC package. Package 1: 3 Ferrari racecars, package 2: 3 Ferrari road cars, package 3: 3 Lamborghinis. 4: Pagani Zonda F and Hyuara. Why not make use of Italian pride and get these Italian manufacturers on board?

I'd say it's more like Merc/AMG or Nissan/Nismo, but whether that would potentially qualify them as a manufacturer in their own right? I doubt it, but couldn't think what else would be down there that would be of interest to Kunos? Just throwing ideas out there *shrug* :)

Agreed. Like I said, I was just throwing out semi-random suggestions. According to everything on the internet, the entire town revolves around Ferrari, so I have no idea what else could be down there if it's not Evotek :unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back