DLDSR/Better AA with Samsung G9

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Repost from Computech for better visibility for G9 owners struggling to make new Nvidia DLDSR feature work with Samsung G9.
1) DSR and DLDSR do not work with DSC enabled. You need to go into monitor OSD settings and change to 120hz refresh rate, this effectively disables Display Stream Compression.
2) NVidia scaling settings (GPU/Aspect Ratio/Ignore game settings) featured in the article were not working reliably with ACC, at times it would switch to full non downsampled res and clicking on menu items would trigger different actions as if their coordinates are out of whack. The solution I've found on reddit is to match desktop resolution to DLDSR. After that it was rock solid with HDR and everything. But I have second (inactive) monitor in my system, may be it was the culprit of those woes, not sure, some reddit posts suggest that.
3) I have followed article enable G-Sync for Full Screen and Windowed recommendation, not sure if it was necessary, but G-Sync works.
4) With G9 there is also a little trick. There is VRR Control settings in OSD/System, for DSC it should be ON, but without it will cause micro stutter, so turn it OFF when switching from 240hz mode.

Also, there is 2.5.1 version of DLSS dll, you can replace one shipped with ACC (located in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Plugins\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64), feedback on that version is quite positive on reddit, and it is artifact/ghosting free for me as well.

- DSR Smoothing in NVCPL is recommended to have around 50-60%
- I am using 2.25 x DL which is 7680 x 2160
- Choose this res in ACC settings and enable DLSS Quality, with its 66% resolution reduction it will make DLSS base res close to native G9 5120 x 1440, so you would not lose any data but get wonderful, ghosting and artifacts free DLSS AA.
- DLSS Sharpness - 0%, if find things a bit soft to your taste, set to 10-15%. Do not use any other sharpening especially Advanced one as it artifacts with same shimmering halos around letters on signs and some edges when in motion. Without UE TAA ACC doesn't really need any additional sharpening, it just adds extra artifacts.

Attached is my personal Custom Preset.
Enjoy new found ACC visual goodness. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• SCREEN_EPIC_DLSS.json
    1.2 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there is latest version of DLSS dll 2.5.0, you can replace one shipped with ACC (located in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Plugins\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64), feedback on that version is quite positive on reddit, and it is artifact/ghosting free for me as well.
Thanks for adding this into this post. Just finally did the dll swap and it does look a bit better! Seems a bit smoother with even less artifacting/ghosting.
DSR Smoothing in NVCPL is recommended to have around 50-60%
Where did you find this info? My last input was when using the old standard DSR, to use between 10-20%.
I currently just left it at its default (33% irrc?) with 8% dlss sharpening in ACC.

For standard DSR, I can't stand any smoothing. It just blurs and softens the image sort of like post-processing AA (eg. FXAA).

If using a DSR setting that doesn't give you perfect 4:1 pixel mapping (DSR 4.0x), you'll get anomalies on the screen (shimmering, aliasing, un-clean picture, etc.) hence why the smoothing option compromise can help compensate for non-4:1 pixel mapped downscaling.

There are those newer DSR modes, DLDSR (1.78x & 2.25x), that supposedly work smarter and may not give any image anomlies - and therefore no smoothing needed just like DSR 4.0x doesn't - but without being anywhere near as demanding as DSR 4.0x. Have you tried those w/ out smoothing?

A DSR setting which doesn't result in IQ losses/anomlies due to uneven scaling, and therefore doesn't require smoothing to try and cover-up those IQ losses/anomolies, will give the cleanest, clearest, and simply the best IQ compared to any other DSR setting.

EDIT: Ignore my post. I see every thing I wrote has already been covered by you and others (actually I think it was you who educated me on it, lol). You also specifically mentioned that those settings you mentioned in your last post were for the old DSR settings (not DLDSR). So, ya, just ignore my post, I'll shut-up now, lol.

Last edited:
The edit: made me laugh!:roflmao:
But good summary in the rest of it! And I agree with everything. I rarely ever used dsr apart from "not old but not new" games with plenty of headroom and only fxaa available.
And yeah, always 4.0 or nothing.

The new dldsr modes are awesome though, I really like this new option!
They do a decent AA job and are working with every game that doesn't have issues with higher resolutions (in some games, texts might not scale...).

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks for adding this into this post. Just finally did the dll swap and it does look a bit better! Seems a bit smoother with even less artifacting/ghosting.

Where did you find this info? My last input was when using the old standard DSR, to use between 10-20%.
I currently just left it at its default (33% irrc?) with 8% dlss sharpening in ACC.
From some reddit discussion, but in the end I just left it at default after another driver upgrade and disabled all the sharpening in ACC.
It is SO MUCH BETTER now, any sharpening options were artifacting. But with DLDSR 2.25 and Quality DLSS you don't really need any, looks plenty sharp and natural already.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.