DLC Recommendations?

I have only the base game of Wreckfest right now, but I see that the DLC's are currently at reduced prices on Steam.

I see car packs in these DLC's, but do any of them include additional tracks? I especially enjoy hotlapping on the primarily dirt tracks, so I wonder if there's any particular DLC that might fit my interests.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me - whether they be cars or tracks?

Thanks?

Wreckfest only has cars in the DLCs, no paid DLC tracks. They have added tracks over the last two years, but always free in the base game.

If you're interested in more tracks, then I highly recommend that you check out these packs of mod tracks through Steam Workshop. You will need to enable mods in Wreckfest to see them in the game. The packs add a big selection of real life racetracks, country and city roads, rallycross circuits, dirt racing, etc
The Very TrackPack - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764432700
The Very TrackPack 2 - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2276098616

From the car DLCs, most of my favorites have been in the second set of car packs that are covered by just buying the Season Pass 2:
Rusty Rats Car Pack
-Raiden RS: this is the Toyota 222D that they were developing for Group B, and resembles the MR2 in appearance. Fun mid-engine, RWD rally car!
Racing Heroes Car Pack:
-Raven: Buick Grand National. RWD muscle car/NASCAR
-Speedie: Mini Cooper! tiny FWD fun!
-Stellar: 1980's Opel RWD rally car
Reckless Car Pack:
-Gorbie: souped-up Lada
-Blade: Camaro IROC-Z
Off-Road Car Pack (these last two are great for tracks like Rattlesnake Racepark that I think was released for free at the same time):
-Sandstorm: high-powered modern dune buggy with lots of suspension
-Trophy Runner: 4wd offroad racing pickup

Last edited:
Wreckfest only has cars in the DLCs, no paid DLC tracks. They have added tracks over the last two years, but always free in the base game.

If you're interested in more tracks, then I highly recommend that you check out these packs of mod tracks through Steam Workshop. You will need to enable mods in Wreckfest to see them in the game. The packs add a big selection of real life racetracks, country and city roads, rallycross circuits, dirt racing, etc
The Very TrackPack - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764432700
The Very TrackPack 2 - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2276098616

From the car DLCs, most of my favorites have been in the second set of car packs that are covered by just buying the Season Pass 2:
Rusty Rats Car Pack
-Raiden RS: this is the Toyota 222D that they were developing for Group B, and resembles the MR2 in appearance. Fun mid-engine, RWD rally car!
Racing Heroes Car Pack:
-Raven: Buick Grand National. RWD muscle car/NASCAR
-Speedie: Mini Cooper! tiny FWD fun!
-Stellar: 1980's Opel RWD rally car
Reckless Car Pack:
-Gorbie: souped-up Lada
-Blade: Camaro IROC-Z
Off-Road Car Pack (these last two are great for tracks like Rattlesnake Racepark that I think was released for free at the same time):
-Sandstorm: high-powered modern dune buggy with lots of suspension
-Trophy Runner: 4wd offroad racing pickup
Whoa! Thanks for this great info!

A few follow-up questions if you don't mind....

1. Do these tracks simply get installed by "subscribing" to them on Steam? Or is something else involved?
2. How do I "enable mods" in Wreckfest and, if I do, would that introduce any negative effects to game performance?

Thanks again!

Whoa! Thanks for this great info!

A few follow-up questions if you don't mind....

1. Do these tracks simply get installed by "subscribing" to them on Steam? Or is something else involved?
2. How do I "enable mods" in Wreckfest and, if I do, would that introduce any negative effects to game performance?

Thanks again!
Sorry I was going off vague memories there. I just opened Wreckfest again to check.

Subscribe to the track packs on Steam Workshop
Steam will then download the files and install them
Steam has an option to launch Wreckfest with mods disabled (for troubleshooting or online), so make sure you're not launching the game using that option
Open Wreckfest, go to Misc and then Mods to open the Mod Manager
Enable the track packs

I don't remember any performance issues because of the track packs. The only negative is that Wreckfest doesn't make it easy to browse through the track list and these packs add a lot of tracks.

Last edited:
boomn, I followed your directions re: the tracks and it worked perfectly, Thanks.

But then I decided to purchase Season Pass #2 for some of the cars. Since then, it looks like I lost ALL of my original vehicles. Any ideas of what happened? (The "new" cars seem to be there). NOTE: I have not yet tried disabling mods to see if this makes any difference. I have no time to try that atm....

In addition,, all of my controller settinge were lost! I'm sure that I can re-config them, but I don't know why that would happen.

Any thoughts?

boomn, I followed your directions re: the tracks and it worked perfectly, Thanks.

But then I decided to purchase Season Pass #2 for some of the cars. Since then, it looks like I lost ALL of my original vehicles. Any ideas of what happened? (The "new" cars seem to be there). NOTE: I have not yet tried disabling mods to see if this makes any difference. I have no time to try that atm....

In addition,, all of my controller settinge were lost! I'm sure that I can re-config them, but I don't know why that would happen.

Any thoughts?
Sorry to hear that! That is very strange and not something I've run into, so I don't know how to help

Sorry to hear that! That is very strange and not something I've run into, so I don't know how to help
No worries, my friend. You've been a great help.

FWIW, my controls are back working properly again without having required me to do anything. Go figure. :thumbsup:

And my statement about missing vehicles could be wrong as well. Just to verify -- I now have a total of 25 vehicles to choose from, but none looks like the car I used frequently (whose name I simply cannot recall :(). Would you know how many vehicles I should now have after purchasing/installing Season Pass 2? Or how many original vehicles come with the stock game - perhaps provide the name of 1 or 2 of them. I could then check the names against what I have.?

I'm thinking that perhaps Season Pass 2 either renamed or changed the liveries on some of the original vehicles.

Oh - and I can't find any of the tracks from The Very TrackPack even though I've subscribed to it. I DO have the tracks from VeryTrack Pack 2 though.

I've tried doing an integrity check on all files and all seems OK there.

I may just have to uninstall Wreckfest and re-install everything from scratch, if I'm really missing vehicles and/or can't get VeryTrack Pack 1 working.

Thanks again.

The original cars that come free with the game are those listed under Starter, Market, and Career Reward on this page:

The original cars that come free with the game are those listed under Starter, Market, and Career Reward on this page:
I think that I have it all sorted out now. Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back