Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

Latest update just launched, minor bug fix and added independent sliders for auto-on and auto-off with a custom timeout for auto-off in minutes.
1658433619157.png
1658433629599.png

Customer Photo Set :)

Attachments

• 2022-08-04 - Bob C 1.jpg
    2022-08-04 - Bob C 1.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2022-08-04 - Bob C 2.jpg
    2022-08-04 - Bob C 2.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 2022-08-04 - Bob C 3.jpg
    2022-08-04 - Bob C 3.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 2022-08-04 - Bob C 4.jpg
    2022-08-04 - Bob C 4.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 2022-08-04 - Bob C 5.jpg
    2022-08-04 - Bob C 5.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 2022-08-04 - Bob C.jpg
    2022-08-04 - Bob C.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 64
Shout out to Netlawman for directing me to this thread and what is now becoming a very welcome 'wrench' in my plans to add motion. I've been contemplating for quite some time between the D-Box and PT-A 5dof system. I'm sure D-Box will provide an exilerating experience but can't help but think they're leaving a fun factor on the table by not offering more than 1.5 inche travel in a competitive price range. I realize 'less is more' especially in VR however with flight and rally titles, i'm sure the added travel of the DK6 would provide a 'lump in your throat' feeling when jumping crests. So, in layman's terms, am I correct in saying the DK6 is everything the DK2+ is and more?

Shout out to Netlawman for directing me to this thread and what is now becoming a very welcome 'wrench' in my plans to add motion. I've been contemplating for quite some time between the D-Box and PT-A 5dof system. I'm sure D-Box will provide an exilerating experience but can't help but think they're leaving a fun factor on the table by not offering more than 1.5 inche travel in a competitive price range. I realize 'less is more' especially in VR however with flight and rally titles, i'm sure the added travel of the DK6 would provide a 'lump in your throat' feeling when jumping crests. So, in layman's terms, am I correct in saying the DK6 is everything the DK2+ is and more?
Hi John, Peter here from Sigma, welcome. @NetLawMan thanks for the forward.

There are many ways to do motion and even the two companies you mentioned above do things so differently and have a such a different philosophy in terms of simulating motion. A lot of it comes down to the algorithms and initial design architecture, rather than the typically advertised buzz words like the number of effects (which interestingly is always a base 2 number ;-) ), inches of travel, actuator speed, number of DOF's, number of supported titles or Arduino capes etc...

But you are correct, either system you choose as a first time buyer, will feel amazing and only after some time will you notice the false positives or some of the limitations coming through. And all systems inherently have limitations.

And I think the "less is more" statement is true, but only applies to systems that have a certain type of motion design. Some motion architectures can't just scale, or you can't just add 3x more travel and expect 3x the motion. Its not linear like that and adding more stroke and/or speed into a system also can reveal other limitations of the system, or it exemplifies the false positives or the things that are typically more hidden in low travel systems.
Some of the higher travel systems really try hard to replicated G-effects by exaugurated pitch and roll. More roll is more sustained G's right? Well not necessarily right? What about banks too?

Some reviewers like GamerMuscle released this video titled "Why Less Motion Is Best Motion ! - Motion Simulators For Race Drivers" :
and what he is really saying is that you can't just scale travel/speed and automatically have a "better" system than others. It can actually make the experience worse (and often does) when the system is not fundamentally designed... And you see this with pro-drivers too that don't like motion, they either complain that the effects are neither here nor there and more of a distraction and/or they do a corner at 1.2G and the chassis is on a 20-degree angle and they are holding on to the wheel not to fall out, which effects steering input. ;-)

So in short, yes more travel is better but in our humble opinion if you have the right motion philosophy, the budget and the system to control it. But like netlawman often says, its in the order of diminishing returns, like all things in nature and life. So DK6 with 3x the travel is not 3x better than DK2+. DK2+ is very good and perfect for most applications. DK6 is amazing and we are just finishing tunning some edge case scenarios and will be releasing more motion talk videos about it too. The additional travel allows for more of our layers to be better defined and you do feel more of the suspension of the vehicle in it. Heave does feel good. But the drawbacks are price and weight, at $8100 USD and over 150lbs for shipping its a husky unit. We started the DK line to make good motion more affordable, without cutting corners and making it here in the USA with a professional level of support.

And Howard @ Sigma and the mechanical engineering team did amazing with the DK6, its really a CNC'ed work of art. Similar Arthur who is our computer engineer in charge of system design/algorithms is probably most excited, he finally has the breathing room to do more... Anyways, I sound like a used car salesman now. lol. Thanks for the question. Hope I answered it! Always open for phone call too. ;-) So yes the DK6 is as you say.

One more question... do anynof these bad boys come in black?!
Short answer no. I attached a photo of a test DK2 unit, anodized in black and they do look great! This is also one of our most requested features. :-|

We really try to keep the cost of production down and make the product more affordable for all. Anodizing increases production costs/time and requires us to outsource a part of production to other companies and manage them (not always a predictable exercise). We like to keep all processes in house as much as possible. Each DK order is built, assembled, tested and shipped by our small team of engineers here. ;-)

Hope that makes sense! Thanks John.

Attachments

• DK BLACK TEST Image 2022-04-13 at 9.52.02 AM.jpeg
    DK BLACK TEST Image 2022-04-13 at 9.52.02 AM.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I’m currently using a traditional seat slider, but hate how noisy it is. I just found this profile slider. Another option.
Good point. Traditional seat sliders are kind of shitty to be honest. Lots of play in them, cheaply constructed and hard to install. The seat sliders are a great option and give more infinite adjustment. Easy to install too on aluminum extrusion and give much more feel to the motion.

Get his question a lot. How loud are our actuators, purchased a certified decibel meter device, coming in next week, but for now it would be great to verify against an iPad. ;-) lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.