DiRT Rally RFPE Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola Eneko, he comprado el Dirt Rally y quería probar el MOD RFPE V. 0.4 pero al dar al launcher no hace nada, sabes si puede ser por mi ordenador con windows 10 o esta desabilitado??
Saludos
Start the game after you start the Launcher.
The launcher doesn't start the game by itself.

Hello.
Would there be any chance to get the editor to mess around with your files? I would be open to donations or something. I just would like to see if I could chanhe myself some of the values to lessen some more the lateral grip, or doing it by adding some weight to the cars? There should be more understeer. I could also try to modify some of the missing cars and even rallycross and Hillclimb.

I believe you have done a great job and don't even know the time behind something like this and maybe I am not capable of achieving any of what I aim for, but since you seem to have abandoned the development od further updates, maybe you wouldn't mind sharing the editor.. I tried some Ego editors available, but it seems only you guys have developed one for Dirt Rally. Wish I could do something like that.. .

I would really love to see this game open to a real realeased editor from the devs.. Imagine all the possibilities, like RSRBR.. It would be insane.

Thanks and good work.

We use the existent CTF Editor from Petar Tasev but with a custom CTFScheme which it wasnt released in the package. We have the idea to keep developing the RFPE project (Files modification and plugin) for a more consistent and improved future versions. Right now, we cant confirm when we will release the mentioned scheme.

Thanks for understanding.
Ah and where CTF Scheme?

Great mod! It changes the handling by a huge amount. Sadly you cant play the campaign, as mentioned earlier.. Im using a Logitech Driving Force GT, and at default files the wheel always kind of rattles extremely, which makes it hard to handle. Any idea what part of the RFPE Mod changes that behavior? Maybe if I scratch anything but that, I can keep my singleplayer progress.. :/

COG_RFPE (V0.4) discrepancies

First, this is not criticism, it's just a heads up on a few discrepancies.

Before I install anything anywhere, I go through most files and figure, for a 3rd party patch like this, what is being tampered with.

Quickly... this mod is quite straight forward, excellent work, thank you!

Before copying in the modded files, I checked the supplied backup files vs my own... that is where I found my "discrepancies".

COG_RFPE04_Release\Backup\Original\audio\collisionInfos.xml
This file is the same as the modded file... not at all the original one... of my new DR install (multiple integrity check done).
Also, in both of these supplied file, there are "Encoding" errors on line 126 & 128, the single quotes are apostrophes from a different character set, not UTF-8 like the rest of the file. It's in comments, most apps don't go through comments so... kind of moot.
(?flaky text editor maybe?)

COG_RFPE04_Release\Backup\Original\cars\models\
All backup files are the same as my Steam install.

COG_RFPE04_Release\Backup\Original\effects\tunePfx.xml AND vehiclepfxconfig.xml
Both files are also the same as the modded file... not copies of the originally installed ones.

Could you release the .ctf schema for Dirt Rally seeing as development has now stopped for the mod and the original game? It would be a serious boon to modifying the game from its base.

i read trough the whole topic and i appreciate your work and endless hours to figure everything out.
It would be really cool to have a .ctf shema with short instructions to modify the game for everyones taste.

For now i got a few things, thanks to this post:

13 weight balance front/rear 0.9 front 0.1 rear

35/38 some weight seting ?

91 max rpm sound seting

95 tm 125 power KW
95 low rpm
125 high rpm

130/138 gears 1 to 8

192/196 suspention

199/206 damping 205/203/201/199 short/bump 200/202/204/206

279 4x4 = 2,802597E-45
fwd = 5,605194E-45
rwd = 7,006492E-45 also some diff seting some where so only 4x4 cars edited by this

296 left R camber
297 right R camber
298 left F camber
299 right F camber

309 rpm limet

Would I still be able to play the game with a controller after I install this mod? I know that Simulation calls for Wheel and pedals (and I have those) but DiRT rally for me is more a quick and easy game to pick up to unwind in the evening.

Would I still be able to play the game with a controller after I install this mod? I know that Simulation calls for Wheel and pedals (and I have those) but DiRT rally for me is more a quick and easy game to pick up to unwind in the evening.
Yes.
And imo this mod makes it more fun no matter what controls you're using. It just feels nicer and more reasonable (realistic).

So go for it! Only downside is that you can't play online anymore.. And since I mainly do the online challenges, I had to uninstall this mod..
But I'm missing it a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back