DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Opel Manta and BMW M1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new DLC has released for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 - the Opel Manta and BMW M1.

Ok, Opel Manta I can understand - it is an iconic rally car after all, but the BMW M1 is a little bit more confusing if still rather cool.

Most racing fans know all about the M1, after all it was made the stuff of legends thanks in no small part to the incredible, if somewhat short lived, BMW M1 Procar series of the early 1980's. However, its history as a rally car is far less well known, making it something unique and pretty cool addition to DiRT Rally 2.0.

Having seen much success on the tarmac racetracks of the world, a group of enthusiastic and optimistic race engineers decided the M1 might be a good tool to go rallying with - especially considering the monster machines that would be running as part of the now legendary Group B rally era of the time.

Reseau France BMW decided to take up the mantle of crazy, and turn one or two of these beasts into a thoroughbred rally car. Enter Oreca, plenty of spare parts from the M1 Procar series and a little bit of engineering genius and here we are - the BMW M1 Rallye. Of course others would later pick up on this and build / run their own machines, but the Oreca machine would be by far the most high profile attempt at converting track success to the stages with the M1.

Never successful but always spectacular - this is certainly a unique choice by codies.

Also coming as part of the new DLC is the much more traditional Opel Manta - a firm favourite for historic rally fans, and something that should be enjoyable to chuck about on the stages within the game.

Speaking of stages... this new DLC only contains cars.. but expect the Swedish Rally to drop for the title in the very near future...

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

There is also a Lotus Exige and Jaguar F type in rally.

Porsche also has a manufacturer backed R GT

Do you have any videos of the mustang? I never thought anyone will bring a Mystang GT4 to rally.
I forgot the Exige. It did, I think one rally as an entrant (not a course car) before it disappeared, like so much other from Lotus in the early 2010's.
The Jaguar was just a PR/Show thing as Bogani said.

The Cayman GT4 is not likely to be seen until 2020, so far only demo-runs.

Frustrating enough I don't. I know it was linked a video of it at Codemasters forums when the car was made official for DR2.0, but I cannot find it now -.-

It was originally intended to be a Group 5 car, but due to delays and changes to Group 5, it was changed to be a Group 4 car instead. So nope, it wasn't meant to be a rally car AFAIK.
All correct, I just wanted to add that its biggest racing fame came probably from a one-make series (BMW M1 Procar Championship) that was raced by a lot of the F1 drivers on each F1 weekend prior to the actual F1 race. Niki Lauda won in 1979, Nelson Piquet in 1980.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Raymond 18, post: 2951224, member: 656601"] Ce que je regrette dans le système DLC de Codemasters, c’est le fait qu’ils réutilisent l’ancien contenu dans de nouveaux packages. OK pour la BMW M1 Procar, c’est un excellent ajout, mais qu’en est-il de l’Opel Manta 400? Cette voiture était déjà présente dans le premier Dirt Rally et même dans Dirt 4.
Même chose pour le Citroen C4 Rally ou récemment le Monte Carlo Rally, qui étaient déjà présents dans les jeux précédents.
C’était la même chose avec Grid Autosport. Je me souviens où Alfa Giulietta ou Aston V12 Zagato étaient vendus en tant que contenu supplémentaire alors qu’ils auraient dû être présents depuis le début!
Je ne suis pas contre les DLC, seulement contre les DLC injustes :cool:[/ QUOTE]

Je possède DIRT rally et le jeu est super par contre acheter des DLC qui sont présent dans un jeu pour un nouveau jeu de course je trouve cela nul quand on pense les moyens financiers que possèdes codemasters , cela aurait de la geule d'avoir d'autres voitures mythiques du style renault 5 maxi , mégane maxi kit car , toyota celica st 205 et j"en passe.

Je possède DIRT rally et le jeu est super par contre acheter des DLC qui sont présent dans un jeu pour un nouveau jeu de course je trouve cela nul quand on pense les moyens financiers que possèdes codemasters , cela aurait de la geule d'avoir d'autres voitures mythiques du style renault 5 maxi , mégane maxi kit car , toyota celica st 205 et j"en passe.

before any one say to him it is english speaking fora, i say it ils vont te dire/demander d'écrire en anglais....

traduction ;
i own dirt rally(2.0?) and the game is super,but buying dlc who are already in/for a new game,i find it lame regard to the financial possibility that codemaster have,it would have been cool to have some renault 5 maxi , mégane maxi kit car , toyota celica st 205 and so on

I'd say it's great, even though it would be nice if some small tweaks were available.

(But be aware that you're not supposed to like anything about this game, you are supposed to scream about overpaid DLC of recycled content and broken, unusable FFB.)

Hey Martin do you ever notice your TM wheel feeling vastly different from one game start to another? I have this problem with my T500RS. One time the FFB is crisp and strong but if I start game the next day it feels like the FFB is only giving me 20% of the force I had last time. It feels extremely numb and dead(yet still there somehow).
I know TM wheels FFB can fade with heat after use but this is occurring even after my PC has been shut off for the night.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.