DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Minimum Specs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0.jpg

Codemasters new rally adventure DiRT Rally 2.0 is nearing release on PC and console, and now we get our first glimpse of the recommended specs for the new release.

Marketed by Codemasters as the spiritual successor to the incredible Colin McRae Rally series of games from the late 1990's and early 2000's, DiRT 2.0 appears to be a welcome return to the more simulation orientated aspects of the rally genre - moving away from what seems to be the universally disappointing DiRT 4 of 2018.

Following on from 2015's DiRT Rally, the new game is set to once again feature a range of realistic rally stages, the official FIA World Rallycross licence, plenty of impressive WRC cars from throughout the decades and a bunch of new and improved features and gameplay elements, all bundled together with what Codies are claiming to be their most authentic rally experience produced by the studio to date.

With a February 2019 release window for both PC and console version of the title already pencilled in, Codemasters have now revealed the expected minimum and recommended specifications for a positive gameplay experience with the new title, and surprisingly it looks like players won't be needing a monster PC to run this visually impressive piece of software when in releases next month.

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
  • Processor: AMD FX4300 or Intel Core i3 2130
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD7750 or NVIDIA GTX650Ti
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
Not bad for a game that looks as visually stunning as we've seen so far in the previews for DR 2.0 - who's excited then?

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Hmm so my GTX 1070 will be just enough, weird it doesn't look so much better than DR1 and still ego engine but goes from recommanded GTX 780 to 1070..
Dirt Rally is imo a fantastic game, still driving today after more than 500hrs with the 205 T16 and the engine sound mod available here btw.
After the huge disapointment Dirt 4 with is so called sim-mode far from DR feeling and boring randomly generated stages this 2.0 seems much better. Hand made stages like the first one with some true irl portion and by the look of recent presentation videos the physics will be at least as good as in DR1.
Counting days here !

Some of the footage looks pretty good. Some, not so sure... perhaps some was recorded with assists on, or from older builds.

Dirt 4 wasn't that well optimized. Despite listing recommended specs as
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8320
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 or AMD R9 390
....with my new PC (8700K and 1080Ti) in triple screen, had to drop quite few settings to get to stable 60 fps if I remember correctly. Meanwhile Forza Horizon 4 runs fine on Ultra and triples (some settings cranked to Extreme). While looking better than pretty much anything out there

Combined with the crap rally physics I uninstalled again (I had forgotten how bad the physics are, and thought I'd give it another shot..)

I enjoyed DiRT 4 for what it was on Xbox One. I can see the valid criticisms but for me it was playable enough that I fully 1000G finished it. The leaderboard challenges were also fun for a while. As there is no VR I will probably pick this up on Xbox too As a play it then trade it sort of game.

I hope it’s a good rallying game and not too rally cross heavy (PCARS2 already did a great job of making rally cross fun and we’ve had some great MP races on pc and Xbox on those tracks).

I’ve played rallying games pretty much since they began (Lombard RAC rally etc) and I enjoy then. I’m enjoying Dakar 18, sure it has quirks and flaws, but those 1hour plus stages are epic. If the codies have brought even 50% of the career style gameplay to the team element that’ll be great too.

Triple screen support this time around? :)

Nah... :cry::thumbsdown::mad:
Let's not get carried away now :D This is Codemasters after all. But hey, at least they added a camera that hides the wheel, but shows speed/tachometer. Kinda like AC dash view

I'll be happy if the physics is roughly like Dirt Rally but better tarmac, and it runs decently on stretched triples. I don't even care if it's "simcade" if the sliding is not horrible like Dirt 4

Let's not get carried away now :D This is Codemasters after all. But hey, at least they added a camera that hides the wheel, but shows speed/tachometer. Kinda like AC dash view

I'll be happy if the physics is roughly like Dirt Rally but better tarmac, and it runs decently on stretched triples. I don't even care if it's "simcade" if the sliding is not horrible like Dirt 4
Yeah i did drive Dirt a lot on stretched. It works but it would be so nice with proper multiview. :) Lets hope we get lots of FOV low to high value and good long seat positioning forward/back/up/down/tilt so we can perfectly at least set it up.

I realize the whole "No VR no buy" thing is the cool thing to say now in every thread on RD and while it gets a bit tiresome to see for us non-VR users, I do understand it's the way of the times currently. Wish I had it too, but a lot of us don't yet.

But this triple screen user loved the first Dirt Rally immensely and I look forward to enjoying this one, too. Here's hoping it's a proper sequel. The first one was a very pleasant surprise and an awesome early access experience. The only thing I'm not excited about with 2.0 is that price.

Rumor has the "Deluxe edition" would add 4 rallycross tracks (the remaining ones from WRX 2018 season) and 2 countries for rally afterwards. Very likely also as a separate Season Pass purchase later

CM said they'd bring back some "fan favourites". I don't know if that means remastering Dirt Rally 1 stages, or just using same countries

They've also hinted in some stream about a snowy location coming later (base game won't have snow). Combining this info, that would be Monte Carlo or Sweden I guess

None of this is confirmed though, just bits I've read from partially unofficial sources

Last edited:
Too much 2.0, not enough Dirt Rally (for me)

RX doesn't interest me in the slightest, considering the game is called Dirt RALLY I don't see why it even should be there besides attracting gamers who want instant gratification in under 10 minutes.

The requirements are okay, I hope the physics will be okay too, but I have one big question. Everybody would like to see this game having VR support, nobody is saying that this isn't needed and the first game had VR support. If this game is the continuation of the first one, then why on earth can't they develop it for VR too? Or announce that VR support will come as a free patch after release. It doesn't make any sense.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back