DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Season 2 DLC Content Confirmed for June 4th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche_Wales_2.jpg

The next wave of DLC content for DiRT Rally 2.0 will begin this June 4th.

Working to a schedule that sees post release DLC content released for DiRT Rally 2.0 in an often slightly confusing "season" format - Codemasters have confirmed that the "season 2" batch of new cars and rallies will begin to release from June 4th.

Set to have a focus on the World Rallycross aspect of the title, season 2 will add two new locations in the form of the Wales Rally and German and Latvian RX circuits and six new cars, spread across 11 weeks beginning June 6th with the mighty Peugeot 205 T16 Group B Rallycross car and the iconic Ford RS200 Evo. Oh an a special livery too...

The full 'Season 2' DLC launch schedule can be seen below:

DIRT_RALLY_2.0-CONTENT_SEASON2-PEGI.jpg

Alongside this new DLC confirmation, Codemasters have also recently deployed both the big 1.4 game update, and a new hotfix aimed at addressing the Force Feedback complaints of the DiRT 2.0 community. You can find out more about the FFB update HERE.

“Season Two is a perfect blend of new and old and there is something here for everyone,” said Ross Gowing, Game Director. “Fans will be thrilled at the return of the Group B rallycross cars and we’re excited to give our community two new circuits in Latvia and Germany.

Although our primary focus for Season Two is on rallycross, we haven’t forgotten our rally purists, and we know from fan feedback how much they love taking on the tough Welsh terrain and what better way to do it than in Ryan Champion’s Porsche 911 SC RS.”

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all content as part of their Season Pass. Similar to Season One, players who own the Day One or Standard Edition will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

Porsche_Wales_1.jpg
Porsche_Wales_3.jpg
Porsche_Wales_4.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I would say Season 3 is a safe bet at this point. I mean we basically got the 2001 Impreza promised, and they have apparently also been re-recording audio for the 2001 Ford Focus recently, and I think one other car.

I'm almost certain the car you miss is not the Impreza 22B ;) It's a widespread mistake, but 22B was never a rally car. 22B was a limited edition road car based on the 1997 Impreza WRC.

(And as for the car you miss, you are probably thinking of the "bugeye" 2001 Impreza WRC.)

I am talking about ths car....
McRae-s-1997-Subaru-Impreza-WRC-main.jpg

Sorry but i dont know what you want to say.
I just wrote that it would be nice to have the 2-door Impreza (yes, the 22b like) and you first talking about the bug-eye model and now you say that there is already an Impreza (1997) in the game.

Thats nice but this are two different cars what you have mentioned. I know that there is an Impreza in the game but its from 1995 and a 4-door model. So i dont know whats the problem.
Fact is that the 2-door Impreza from McRae is not in the game....

No, the 1997 McRae Impreza S3 is not in the game. The 1996 McRae Impreza S2 is and the differences are not very significant between the two cars, as stated, so it's quite unlikely the S3 will ever come to the game. Even the body was essentialy the same, sans some minor facelift and going from 4-door to 2-door, which basically only resulted in the front door being a bit longer than before.

I would say Season 3 is a safe bet at this point. I mean we basically got the 2001 Impreza promised, and they have apparently also been re-recording audio for the 2001 Ford Focus recently, and I think one other car.

I'm almost certain the car you miss is not the Impreza 22B ;) It's a widespread mistake, but 22B was never a rally car. 22B was a limited edition road car based on the 1997 Impreza WRC.

(And as for the car you miss, you are probably thinking of the "bugeye" 2001 Impreza WRC.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190519-221343_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190519-221343_Chrome.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 229
No, the 1997 McRae Impreza S3 is not in the game. The 1996 McRae Impreza S2 is and the differences are not very significant between the two cars, as stated, so it's quite unlikely the S3 will ever come to the game. Even the body was essentialy the same, sans some minor facelift and going from 4-door to 2-door, which basically only resulted in the front door being a bit longer than before.

Well, the 95/96 versions are Group A while the 1997 is the first breed of cars developed under the WRC rules, which means wider wheel track, hence the wider arches compared to their road going counterparts. Not a massive difference but I see why people would want the wider WRC Impreza(that is supposedly coming) over the Grp A one.

I'd say the tarmac has more grip than in Spain (which I guess makes sense, since the Spanish tarmac is quite different, even IRL). But it's messing with me constantly, especially since the surface looks rather dusty, and it also had less grip in the original DR. So I seem to approach the corners like a lower grip corners, and halfway through the corner I realize my intended line won't work and I'm turning in more than intended (or sliding less than intended) ;)

I always preferred gravel rallies, but for some reason, Germany was quite consistently where I was fastest in the original DR. So it will take some adjusting ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%