F1 2010 Difference between Time Trial and Qualy?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Can anyone explain why there is such a huge difference in my times between Time Trial and Qualy?
I mean, for example, using the same setup in the same car, at Bahrain I'm in the 1:57s in TT, but struggle to break 2:00 in Practice/Qualifying.
Could it be tyres? What are the different set of cirdumstances that would make this difference?
It's confusing me!

It could be lots of things.

TT uses a fully rubbered in track and doesn't simulate fuel or tyres. Perhaps you've got too much fuel on? The track might be quite green, or maybe you're over-heating/under-heating the tyres.

From what I gather, in TT all cars perform exactly the same. To give everyone the chance to set his best time with his favorite car (not realistic obviously).

And the car performs better than in practice/qualy, as certain things may not be simulated (fuel, tire temp?) and the track is fully "rubbered".

I'm afraid TT is only good at getting to learn a track layout, setups and race line training is better done in practice.

Thanks for that.
If that is the case, then TT is a total waste of time. Why on earth would they have all cars performing the same? It just doesn't make any sense. If the cars were simulated, then it would still give everyone a chance to set their best time on their favourite car.

I suppose they did that because they are running an online leaderboard, so people want to compare themself against others but still want to drive their favorite car. It's stupid alright, but the real shame is that it influences even those who just do TT offline.

IMHO the best way to practice GPs is indeed to set up a long race weekend on your favorite track, waste all the tires and then restart the session.

If you turn tyre sim off its like adding a tonne of extra downforce + mechanical grip, you will take corners considerably faster, less understeer, you can brake later, you can get on the throttle earlier. In other words without the tyre sim on you will be going way way faster.

Im guessing tyre sim is off in TT mode?

yeah u got ideal conditions in tt. but i have noticed although the cars r said to be equal leaderboards seem to be full of the fastest cars still. is this just because we are all glory suporters and support the best teams? i would have though there would be alot odf raing purists who would choose lotus for example. this is what i have noticed so far on the xbox boards ne hoo

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back