Alright when was that again.....?

Level the field....same cars, same engines, same parts... simple as that....

Manufactures together design engine
Team builds car

---------------

All the talk about changing the format, first time I heard them acknowledge my point
They target young people which simply don't want to watch a 2 hour race or hours of practice
I said that in threads here for years

My idea is less practice and MotoGP type qualifying where the 10 fastest from practice go
straight to Q2.
The rest do Q1 with the fastest 2 going to Q2
Saturday Sunday 3 races half distance triple points with 1 race reverse grid

Qualifying with 50% less cars on track, solves the too many cars backup problem forever !
3 races gives 3 times the starts which is the most exciting time of a GP !
3 shorter races would pull in young fans with short attention spans !

Best of all 50% more racing !

Too bad you've missed the F1 races since Verstappen is racing in F1. I advice you to start watching. It's supernice to see him driving if you ask me. :)

See that is where you Verstappen fans get seriously confused. Lewis is fast, but only when he needs to be. He's not trying to be the fastest guy on track, even though he is incredibly quick. However, Hamilton's claim to fame is that he is known for being a very technical and extremely focused driver. This is why Lewis can squeeze out three tenths where other drivers can't. This is why even though his teammates are driving the same car they can't, or that even though Red Bull had the fastest car during the Vettel period, Lewis could still clip both Red Bulls to take pole in any race, even if he didn't always win the race.

Being the fastest driver isn't going to win races, and if that's all that you have to bring to the table, you aren't going to win. You have to have the talent, and the skill. You have to be shrewd, and patient, and Lewis is the COMPLETE package because he possesses all of those attributes. This is also what makes other drivers, and fans alike very envious.

Last edited:
Back to what matters - tarmac and tyres - it could be a big day for the championship. If red bull can do another performance like last weekend, it could be all to play for. Unlikely perhaps, but last week shows anything can happen - and it usually does.

Man I am loving Rosberg these days! He made Free P2 so enjoyable this morning, and he's a wealth of info as an ex driver. The commentators were talking about what Bottas needs to do to get back in the championship fight. Rosberg explains how Lewis has the gift of managing his tires, that he knows the absolute feel for his tires and how he is able to push his front brake bias so far forward and and never lock up because he has so much finesse for the tires, and more than anyone else in the field, and that it's not something that can be learned in a simulator.

Then (of course because they are always trying to compare Verstappen with Lewis) they ask Rosberg if he thinks that Verstappen has that same kind of gift to feel the tires like Lewis, and I liked that Rosberg didn't just give a canned answer to compare Verstappen with Lewis because I am so tired of hearing that. Rosberg did not think that it was a strength that Verstappen posses, and you could just tell that they did not like his answer. An ex driver who was once Hamilton's arch rival even knows that the talent of Lewis is incomparable in the sport today. Everyone is trying to build Verstappen as the next coming - uh no.

Yes but Rosberg's legacy is such that the better Lewis looks through out history (when time lets people forget the car advantages) the better he will look as a driver as he ran him so close AND became WDC whilst beating Lewis.....in the same car....(when history forgets the DNFs)

Look how close Bottas is to Lewis, now is Bottas really the 2nd best driver on that grid? I am not sure he is in the top 5 if you took away that car, same as Rosberg ...

All we know form the last few years is that Lewis can beat Rosberg and Bottas, most, of the time..

Clearly it doesn't take a genius the see that Max is getting the Red Bull where it should not really be...that is, to me, class and exciting to watch....

Hi,
I have participated in few races in the lamera category since 2017. Its really an awesome car and a very nice championship with a "family" mindset. There are 4 to 5 drivers by car so you can share with your friend one car for a race or more.
You also have the midget championship which is quite nice but the level can be high.

Yes but Rosberg's legacy is such that the better Lewis looks through out history (when time lets people forget the car advantages) the better he will look as a driver as he ran him so close AND became WDC whilst beating Lewis.....in the same car....(when history forgets the DNFs)

Look how close Bottas is to Lewis, now is Bottas really the 2nd best driver on that grid? I am not sure he is in the top 5 if you took away that car, same as Rosberg ...

All we know form the last few years is that Lewis can beat Rosberg and Bottas, most, of the time..

Clearly it doesn't take a genius the see that Max is getting the Red Bull where it should not really be...that is, to me, class and exciting to watch....
Well, clearly the only thing that we can surmise from this is this is that Lewis can be beat in qualifying by a teammate 20-30 percent of the time, depending on how he feels. But in race conditions Lewis is far superior than both. There have been many times when Lewis raced against Rosberg that Lewis took the lead during the race in a wheel to wheel situation. The only reason that he is not able to do this against Bottas today is because the engine overheats , the tires overheat, the brakes overheat, and the chicanes hurt the car. Lewis is incredible during qualis, but he's twice as better in racing form, Bottas not so much against Lewis.

Let's keep two things in mind here - Lewis is the all-time poles leader because that is his thing. He can squeeze out those tenths when he needs to do it. He's got more poles and wins this year than Bottas already. Second: Rosberg has always known that Lewis was the better driver, and because Rosberg is so much at peace with him self today he is finally able to admit some things, like the fact that he admitted back in April that he was never as talented as Lewis and that against Lewis he was not equipped to win multiple titles against him. Of course the most knowledgeable know just how Rosberg got his title in 2016 in the first place, but I digress.

Last edited:
Willy took his college tuition money and went to England and won the 1977 Dunlop/Autosport Star of Tomorrow FF1600 in his first year of competition, winning six races in eleven starts with Mike Eastick's Scorpion Racing School.
Willy tried Nascar in 1978 and his crew chief was an unrepentant racist.
He did Formula Atlantic in 1981-82 grabbing pole at Long Beach.
Ribbs saw his most success in the Trans-Am Series, winning 17 races while driving for such names as Dan Gurney and Jack Roush
Willy tested the Brabham BT54 at Estoril in 1986.
Fortunately Dan Gurney hired Ribbs in '87 to drive the AAR Toyota in IMSA and he won several races.
His forays into Nascar and IndyCar were with compromised equipment and less experienced teams except for his stint with Derrick Walker.

r03i2f7cccy11.jpg

_Hpfm0sIsPH8LXfHUFQnTmPBGHZyYo0Khtib43GcQ0c.jpg

Not to get off topic, but I love these old school cars and how mechanical they are and were built back then and what the drivers could do with them! Lets just pop rivet some flat carbon panels together, throw a bit of chicken wire and gaffer tape in there and were good to go race! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back