Did anyone try this 2 and 3 DOF DOFReality The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform?

Team from this site http://dofreality.com claim there products (2 and 3 DOF) "DOF Reality - The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform"
It looks solid and piced few times cheaper than any other competotor ($999 for 2 DOF and $1499 for 3 DOF).

Does anyone have experience with this company and there Motion Simulator Platforms ?
Pros / Cons?
xbanner01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kHqDsd4eFo.jpg[

Does anyone know what motors the P3 uses (a UK link would be helpful)?
I am wanting to pull the trigger on either the H3 or P3, but cant really stretch to the P3 yet. If the P3 motors are not too expensive then I might get the H3 and upgrade at a later date as the ONLY difference is the motors I believe.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what motors the P3 uses (a UK link would be helpful)?
I am wanting to pull the trigger on either the H3 or P3, but cant really stretch to the P3 yet. If the P3 motors are not too expensive then I might get the H3 and upgrade at a later date as the ONLY difference is the motors I believe.

The P3 motors are pretty expensive.

Upvote 0
Has anyone used both the DOF Reality H3/P3 and the SimFeedback-AC DIY Motion Simulator and can offer any comparison?

I tried d-box, which seems to be a kind of SF-AC brother in terms of feedback. It simulates chassis of a car, more than g-forces, as seat mover does. It all depends what you are looking for. Before I built my rig (here are some stages of my rig) I tried all available solutions on the market and found out I want to have seat mover. It gives me better feeling of what a car is doing on a track. Platform IMO cannot deliver so much information to your muscles and engage your muscle memory. When I know the track by heart, due to muscle memory (body against the wheel) I am able to predict if my cornering was proper, or way too early or too late.

If you want to discover it yourself in a way - take a car if you got one, or rent a gokart and pay attention to what direction your body goes when you break heavily or take sharp corners. This is seat mover sensation.

If you take the car on the bumpy road, you will have more of such feedback from platform, than feedback from g-forces. Hope you are getting the picture

Here is my present rig

cockpit2019.jpg

This is my GS-4 cockpit

Playroom.jpg

This is what I had before I switched to NLRv3 and 80/20 rig
cockpit2.jpg

And here is POV from my previous seat mover (Prosimu Simulator Two).

Upvote 0
I never realised that DOF Reality also has seat movers like a direct competitor to some thing like the Next Level Racing Motion Platform.

One thing I'm very curious about is the DOF Reality seat mover's max speed and acceleration compared to the NLR MP v3.

Top Speed
DOF Realty MS2: 66 degrees/s
DOF Realty M2: 82 degrees/s
DOF Realty MP2: 105 degrees/s
Next Level Racing Motion Platform v3: 20 degrees/s

Are these really 3+ to 5+ times faster than the NLR v3? I'm really shocked at the moment. Is this accurate?

Acceleration is very important too. NLR states 360 degrees/s^2 but DOF Reality doesn't state them. Hmmm...I think I'm going to email DOF Reality about that.

I'm very surprised the the DOF Reality units are almost never mentioned (here, review sites, youtube, every where) especially considering how many buyers and how much recognition the NLR MP v3 has received the past 2 or 3 years. The DOF Reality units are also literally like 25% to 40% the cost a NLM v3.

Does any one have a DOF Reality seat mover here? I'm thinking about buying the MP2...

What am I missing? Why do these seem so insanely good yet they're no where to be found in the simracing scene yet the NLR v3 is every where?

Upvote 0
What am I missing? Why do these seem so insanely good yet they're no where to be found in the simracing scene yet the NLR v3 is every where?
Maybe NLR v3 is better at marketing.
I find the seat mover m2 very interesting. I could see my seat bolted to that base.
On a positive note bad news travel much better on the internet so little news can be interpreted as good news.
Still would be encouraging to hear from some users.

Upvote 0
Maybe NLR v3 is better at marketing.
I find the seat mover m2 very interesting. I could see my seat bolted to that base.
On a positive note bad news travel much better on the internet so little news can be interpreted as good news.
Still would be encouraging to hear from some users.
After watching the SimRacing Garage review of the second highest DOF Reality seat mover model, I think they must be measuring/rating their seat mover specs differently than Next Level Racing because DOF reality's seat mover looked much slower, much more laggy, and like it had much less fidelity than the NLR MP v3.

Upvote 0
One is 3000$ the other is 800$. Hopefully for 4 time the price after taxes it is a little better. Why would the DOF be laggy? The review sound positive to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The DOF doesn't have any damping on it so it will jiggle around more. That review didn't sound that positive to me. What he said was basically if you can deal with it bouncing around and like to futz around with settings maybe you could get it to work for you. The max speed DOF lists could be of the unit without any weight on it.

What I can tell you is that the NLRv3 is very well supported and is constantly coming out with updates with improvements and new title support. They just added F1 2019 support and KartKraft is coming soon.

Not only that but the folks making the NLRv3 make some seriously hard core much pricier larger simulators and the NLRv3 gets trickledown from that experience.

I think there is likely a good reason the DOF isn't mentioned here. If it really were such a great bargain, there should be people all over it. Persionally I would consider it a riskier purchase.

Go for it if you like, and share your experiences here :)

The NLRv3 feels like it keeps up pretty well to me, but I know that D-Box and SFX-100 systems have faster reaction times.

Upvote 0
Let say someone is mainly interested in duplicating the feeling we have when driving irl of the car bouncing on the suspension. More than feeling the g’s.
To have the best feeling of the car moving on its suspension, is 2dof enough or do we need 3dof?

Upvote 0
2 degrees of freedom has a fixed pivot point so it can feel like it is bouncing fore/aft and left/right. The NLRv3 software does a very good job with that. However it cannot physically replicate a fully sprung suspension.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea