Did anyone try this 2 and 3 DOF DOFReality The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform?

Team from this site http://dofreality.com claim there products (2 and 3 DOF) "DOF Reality - The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform"
It looks solid and piced few times cheaper than any other competotor ($999 for 2 DOF and $1499 for 3 DOF).

Does anyone have experience with this company and there Motion Simulator Platforms ?
Pros / Cons?
xbanner01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kHqDsd4eFo.jpg[

The Fact the Owner learned all his skills on a DIY friendly site, then took all his ideas he "learned" from the other guys projects and took it commercial. Then Proceeded to use the Software in a manor it was never intended for initially, So in reality there's some questionable behavior going on here.

On the hardware side, its Arduino, So 1024 steps VS the 4096 steps a JRK is capable of.

Motor's are quality units, and overall its a Full frame which isn't what i would personally choose, but some prefer it. So your choice.

EDIT...motor's on the website are pictured as wiper motor's...not exactly ideal for full frame setups.

Overall there's nothing really wrong with the rig, your right its a Good price due to the fact its got cheaper controllers which have been known to have their own issues with failures. So I would do a little more research before pressing the "BUY" button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, I too am very interested in buying this kit from DOF Reality but am a little worried about latency and how it will work with VR with a HTC Vive with regards to head motion ?. Any look finding stuff out cheers

Upvote 0
No Simtools V2 for these guys.....Wonder why, well when you steal the first version of the software and distribute it without permission for a profit..... Developers tend to take notice and put you on "the list"

Upvote 0
Ok . Is simtools not just a software that you can just use yourself ? What does simtools v2 give you ?

Also as you seem to be in the know how do the motors look with regards to movement I.e any latency that you can see ?

Thanks

Upvote 0
A small review after buying the 3DOF seat mover from dynkit:

I have been interested for a long time in such a system, but
a DIY build was due to lack of time, tools and knowledge not an option for me.

After some days of intensive researches, I came across this thread and got interested.

It is affordable and after reading further, it sounded good to me and I contacted Igor.

The whole process took only four weeks from building to the delivery to me in Germany.
One week for the delivery itself, pretty fast.

## building process
Putting the steel frame together took only two hours and is very solid.

I have it attached with HE SimPedals.
The wheel is an OSW with small Mige, which is installed on a seperate frame.
I think, it is more like in real car, where you are forced to/from the wheel, too.

The gears of the motors have some slack, of course. This can be felt on the traction loss axis,
when it does not return to center completely. I will try springs, in order to have it return to center.
For roll/pitch axis, I do not recognize this while driving.

The software setup with the provided presets is just easy.
The fine tuning with the provided SimTools is the most time consuming process, I would say ;

Most interesting thing after all, when I have DOF turned off,
even with the FFB wheel, it feels like dead -)

With the great support (Igor to name him),
I would buy it again, no doubt.

Upvote 0
Show me one with 4 full size Buttkicker LFE mounted on it used in conjunction with Simvibe.
Price is good, quality and level of motion needs more comparison to units like the V3 or other compact solutions to determine how good this is.

Upvote 0
Nah, Nah, Nah

Note the difference my friend, I am not referring to the Mini or Gamer sized units but the big daddy model. I've not seen thus far a motion cockpit using 4x full-size BK-LFE with their motion rigs. Basically combining a "high-end" Simvibe Chassis Mode experience with motion.

This one
It's not all about "volume" neither, it's how well the unit can produce and represent the lowest frequencies. People often see up-to 1500 Watts, think that's crazy and get the wrong perspective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%